Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Season Pass and Pre-order DLC Revealed

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Season Pass and Pre-order DLC Revealed

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus will have four DLC episodes that will let you play as someone other than BJ Blazkowicz.

Bethesda has revealed just what sort of DLC we can expect for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus when it launches in October. There's one DLC that comes as a pre-order bonus, and it will set up the three episodes included in the Season Pass. There's also a new trailer that slightly expands on the "Strawberry Milkshake" scene that we've already seen.

The four DLC packs (and their official descriptions) are:

Episode Zero: Episode Zero introduces you to Joseph Stallion, Jessica Valiant and Gerald Wilkins as they fight for freedom in the American Territories. Blast your way through Nazis using unique abilities and an arsenal of guns in this opening DLC mission.
The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe: As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!
The Diaries of Agent Silent Death: As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!
The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins: As the US Army's renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!

Episode Zero will be free to anyone who pre-orders The New Colossus

All four of these episodes will be included in the Season Pass, and anyone who pre-orders will get Episode Zero for free.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 27.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
"This is content that should have been there at the start"

-Every person ever who speaks against Season Passes and Pre-Order Bonus.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Sounds good. Can't wait to pick it all up at half-price in a year or two.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Samtemdo8 said:
"This is content that should have been there at the start"

-Every person ever who speaks against Season Passes and Pre-Order Bonus.
Thanks for putting words in my mouth, let me burst your bubble.

They're trying to get me to pay for things that aren't out yet and may not be as good as they look. That goes for the game and the DLC. Pre-ordering when it's not for something that's actually limited in quantity (for example, that Terror Billy action figure. Something that, for the record, I love to freaking death) is just jumping without looking. I mean people thought Fallout 4 would be good, and the season pass would be too. A lot of people were pressured into getting that season pass because of the price hike. How did that go again?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/435880/Fallout_4__Wasteland_Workshop/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/490650/Fallout_4_NukaWorld/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480630/Fallout_4__Contraptions_Workshop/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480631/Fallout_4_VaultTec_Workshop/

Point Lookout and Automatron are the only DLCs in the pass that have positive scores on Steam. Thirty or fifty bucks for DLC when people ended up liking around a third of it. Fuck season passes.
Zulnam said:
Sounds good. Can't wait to pick it all up at half-price in a year or two.
What he said.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
erttheking said:
I mean people thought Fallout 4 would be good, and the season pass would be too. A lot of people were pressured into getting that season pass because of the price hike. How did that go again?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/435880/Fallout_4__Wasteland_Workshop/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/490650/Fallout_4_NukaWorld/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480630/Fallout_4__Contraptions_Workshop/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480631/Fallout_4_VaultTec_Workshop/

Point Lookout and Automatron are the only DLCs in the pass that have positive scores on Steam.
Sure, there are outliers to all things, but I was fine with its season pass. It just depends on what you were expecting, and how a given customer values something.

...then again I waited long after Fallout 4's release and could see exactly what I was getting before I handed over my money, and I feel this season pass for the new Wolfenstein's just made my mind up about doing the same again, so I certainly agree with your point about pre-order culture and season passes, i.e. they're a complete unknown quantity that, generally speaking, only numpties blindly support pre-release.

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
erttheking said:
I mean people thought Fallout 4 would be good, and the season pass would be too.
Tbh I could tell Fallout 4 was going to be the worst Fallout game to date (bar Brotherhood of Steel) but I dropped $350 on the Pip-Boy Edition, Season Pass, Hardcover Strategy Guide, Loot Crate, and Mini-Nuke Anthology (despite already owning the other games) anyway because I knew it'd still be a fun sandbox shooter \_(ツ)_/

Still disappointed in how much of the season pass was workshops tho.

Samos205

Dec 14, 2011
Country
New Zealand
Xorph said:
Tbh I could tell Fallout 4 was going to be the worst Fallout game to date (bar Brotherhood of Steel) but I dropped $350 on the Pip-Boy Edition, Season Pass, Hardcover Strategy Guide, Loot Crate, and Mini-Nuke Anthology (despite already owning the other games) anyway because I knew it'd still be a fun sandbox shooter \_(ツ)_/
I'll 1-up you on this, I brought all that plus the fallout fridge, deluxe pipboy, and collectors edition strategy guide. I couldn't get of the hype train.

Still disappointed in how much of the season pass was workshops tho.
yeah those should've been either in the game at launch or released as free updates.

OT. I'll probably pick up the season pass once all the dlcs are out, tends to be cheaper plus i'll know if they're worth it.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Just when I thought 'season passes' were in swift decline. Didn't Bethesda just do away with the season pass for DOOM? Why are they still trying it with this game?

I will wait until the 'complete edition' comes out tyvm.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS FOR EVIL WITHIN 2!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Neat. Are there going to be decent reviews at launch, with more than 24 hours in between "start the game" and "finish the review", or am I going to be boycotting a game I'm intensely interested in?

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
*Sigh*

And here I was all starry-eyed after recently playing through The New Order for the first time and eagerly awaiting the sequel...only to be met by this garbage. I'm sure the content itself will be fun, but I can't in good consciousness back the way it's being implemented.

Understand this, Bethedsa; I WANTED to buy this game at launch to support what I thought was a positive trend of focusing on delivering complete and compelling single player FPS games, but now you've forced me to wait until the inevitable "GotY Edition" comes out for a third of the price. You've lost out on $30-40 from me because of these scummy practices. While that's an infinitesimal amount for your company, you'd better hope others don't follow my lead. It'll add up fast if they do.

...Oh who am I kidding? The gaming masses will lap it up and further perpetuate this disease like they've been doing for over a decade. If there's one thing I've learned in my gaming career, it's that the majority of fellow gamers have no patience or self-control in these matters.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Okay, I have four, very important questions...

1) Was that Nazi episode ever going to actually pay for his milkshake?

2) How was said officer able to drink his milkshake so fast?

3) There's a wanted poster of BJ, yet he's walking around in broad daylight as a fireman without any fire going on?

4) Silly BJ, don't you know that the silent protagonist thing never works? (Okay, that's not actually a question)

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
*Sigh*

And here I was all starry-eyed after recently playing through The New Order for the first time and eagerly awaiting the sequel...only to be met by this garbage. I'm sure the content itself will be fun, but I can't in good consciousness back the way it's being implemented.

Understand this, Bethedsa; I WANTED to buy this game at launch to support what I thought was a positive trend of focusing on delivering complete and compelling single player FPS games, but now you've forced me to wait until the inevitable "GotY Edition" comes out for a third of the price. You've lost out on $30-40 from me because of these scummy practices. While that's an infinitesimal amount for your company, you'd better hope others don't follow my lead. It'll add up fast if they do.

...Oh who am I kidding? The gaming masses will lap it up and further perpetuate this disease like they've been doing for over a decade. If there's one thing I've learned in my gaming career, it's that the majority of fellow gamers have no patience or self-control in these matters.
I respectfully disagree that this is garbage, though I understand why you call it that. I assume you call it that cause of the episodes being 'cut story content. I disagree...if the DLC's were adventures for Blazkowicz then I would be on your side 100%...but they aren;t...the closest you get is episode 0 which just is a extra intro to the side characters of the resistance in the game. The rest appear to me (until I see more info) to be one shot stories in the verse with characters just for that. They're extra content that bethesda made specially for DLC.

They aren;t removing anything from Blazkowicz's story at all and therfore I don;t count them as a paywall on the story.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
*Sigh*

This could absolutely be worse. The New Order was a good, lengthy game in an age where a full price game may only get you 6 hours of content and expect the bulk of the "worth" be in the multiplayer. The game had real feeling characters, impressive writing and they put in a ton of unnecessary details that really fleshed out their world. And they made a damn meathead like BJ into a savage nazi killer with a sensitive, humourous side. If the people making this game can show that their skills can apply to other character types and not just carbon copies of BJ, then I say give them their chance with the DLC, instead of risking years of work on a stand alone game being a waste because no one thinks they can do more than just expand on BJ.

The DLC could be terrible, or it could be little nuggets of gold. If the DLC is better than The Old Blood, which was 2 dlc's mashed together, then I will trust pretty much anything these guys put out. If it's not even as good as The Old Blood though, which I liked, but had problems with, then I will be sad and believe that they struck gold with BJ and should never wander far.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
DeadProxy said:
Neverhoodian said:
This could absolutely be worse. The New Order was a good, lengthy game in an age where a full price game may only get you 6 hours of content and expect the bulk of the "worth" be in the multiplayer. The game had real feeling characters, impressive writing and they put in a ton of unnecessary details that really fleshed out their world. And they made a damn meathead like BJ into a savage nazi killer with a sensitive, humourous side. If the people making this game can show that their skills can apply to other character types and not just carbon copies of BJ, then I say give them their chance with the DLC, instead of risking years of work on a stand alone game being a waste because no one thinks they can do more than just expand on BJ.

The DLC could be terrible, or it could be little nuggets of gold. If the DLC is better than The Old Blood, which was 2 dlc's mashed together, then I will trust pretty much anything these guys put out. If it's not even as good as The Old Blood though, which I liked, but had problems with, then I will be sad and believe that they struck gold with BJ and should never wander far.
Oh I agree wholeheartedly. Wolfenstein: The New Order is one of my favorite games this console generation for the reasons you mentioned. I'm not averse at all to the idea of exploring the world through the lens of multiple player characters. I just don't like how it's being held for ransom as a preorder bonus. That's what I was referring to when I called it "garbage," not the actual missions themselves (you can probably blame lack of sleep for that gaffe; my internal clock's shot to hell on account of working weird hours this week). No content should be withheld for such exploitative tactics.

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
DeadProxy said:
Neverhoodian said:

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. Wolfenstein: The New Order is one of my favorite games this console generation for the reasons you mentioned. I'm not averse at all to the idea of exploring the world through the lens of multiple player characters. I just don't like how it's being held for ransom as a preorder bonus. That's what I was referring to when I called it "garbage," not the actual missions themselves (you can probably blame lack of sleep for that gaffe; my internal clock's shot to hell on account of working weird hours this week). No content should be withheld for such exploitative tactics.
Could be worse...one thing I've noticed over the years is that pre-order bonuses that are actual gameplay (things like episode zero) never stay as preorder bonuses only forever. One example of this was the remake of call of duty modern warfare: remastered, which was a preorder bonus for getting a certain version of CoD: Infinite warfare. Its now a stand alone game. I understand completely your fustration at ep zero being a preorder bonus for now...but don;t dispair or boycott the game because I bet you a few months down the line, probably afte the other DLC;s are out, that ep zero will be available to buy, preorder or no preorder. :)