Wolverine Jumps Off Opera House, Just to Get Close to Oprah

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
All aboard the failboat. TOOT TOOT~!

I was hoping he would be in his costume atleast though. That woulda made it even more awesome.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
God bless Hughesy. Americans would need subtitles to understand him, but its all part of his appeal.

Oh, and by Hughesy I mean Dave Hughes, not Hugh Jackman. Obviously.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
scnj said:
I think the reporter said "handsome and talented" rather than "intelligent".
I was going to say this too. I'm sure Jackman's great, but I don't really think he's in the running for Australia's Most Intelligent Man.

- J

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Adzma said:
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
Local news anchor Dave Hughes remarked, "this is how much we love Oprah, we'll take our most handsome, intelligent man and we'll chuck him off the Opera House."
I'd just like to point out that Dave Hughes isn't a reporter, he's a comedian. This clip is from a panel show on Channel 10 called the 7pm project. Just sayin'. ;)

OT: That's what I love about Hugh Jackman, he could slice through his own leg with a chainsaw and still find a funny side.
Local funnyman Dave Hughes remarked, "this is how much we love Oprah, we'll take our most handsome, intelligent man and we'll chuck him off the Opera House."
While we're on the subject, I also think calling him a "funnyman" would be painting him in an extremely generous light.

OT. Glad to hear he's ok. Hugh's a good guy, wouldn't want to lose him to some silly ol' lighting rig.

SadisticPretzel

Nov 29, 2010
Is this actually going to be the final season of Oprah? Doubt it...

Best wishes to Mr. Zip Line Rider. Eye injuries hurt.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
Pfft. Have you seen Hugh Jackman? I find it hard to believe that he can feel pain.
He can't. I don't except that. I'd rather believe that his injury was just a government conspiracy. It's Hugh Jackman, The Wolverine. He's awesome!

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
Apparently it was his fault that he didn't hit the breaks on time. So, too bad for Jackson lol.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Dude he hit that lighting rig hard. I think it was just a publicity stunt. He's trying to prove he is human and can be hurt. WE see through your ploy Jackman. You can't fool us. But it's nice to know he's trying to empathize with his fans.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Well he can shake it off, he's Hugh Jackman! I'm kinda surprised at this, especially when Oprah is involved.

Rutskarn

Feb 20, 2010
I was scrolling through the hot threads section, and the news was all like, "Japan Bans Manga, Anime, Video Games," "Phone Launched Into Space," "Piracy Critic Owns 1800 Pirated Songs." I asked myself, "Did the world just go completely apewaste crazy when I had my back turned?"

Answer: apparently.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
What the hell were they expecting? He would just slow down somehow before he hit the back wall? o_O

Regardless, great video. Hugh Jackman probably hurt the wall more than the wall hurt him.

photog212

Oct 27, 2008
Adzma said:
Local news anchor Dave Hughes remarked, "this is how much we love Oprah, we'll take our most handsome, intelligent man and we'll chuck him off the Opera House."
I'd just like to point out that Dave Hughes isn't a reporter, he's a comedian. This clip is from a panel show on Channel 10 called the 7pm project. Just sayin'. ;)

OT: That's what I love about Hugh Jackman, he could slice through his own leg with a chainsaw and still find a funny side.
Well that's disappointing. I thought the Aussie's had the only good broadcast news left.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
No. Hughes is NOT FUNNY.

No Australians like the 7pm project anyway.

photog212 said:
Adzma said:

Well that's disappointing. I thought the Aussie's had the only good broadcast news left.
Trust me, it's fine from afar...

But ABC News is incredibly unbiased, professional and well-reported.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
photog212 said:
Adzma said:

Technically, the 7pm project could be considered news, but it's pretty light hearted 98% of the time. It's not a traditional news broadcast, that's for sure.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Damn I was going to say that Hugh Jackman was immune to physical injury but everyone else already said that. So, wow Oprah has some serious fortitude. I would've fainted if someone smashed into my lighting rig.