Wolverine the Anime (and more Marvel Anime).

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
Wolverine has a mullet. I will have to watch at least one episode to see if anything makes up for this.

Iron Man looks badass, though.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
A big red rooster said:
Fine, but we get to American-ize Daragonball.
You already did, it was a disaster of epic proportions.

OT: The Iron Man one looked promising, but I was less impressed with the Wolverine one. He didn't have the right attitude.

Jetbaby

Jan 28, 2009
Huh. Not sure what to think, really - and I'm a longtime anime fan.

Admittedly, the Iron Man clip looks pretty wicked - though it looks like they got Captain Harlock to play the heavy. It's weird - they've got the really slick looking movie-based Iron Man armor, but the villain and the girl (Pepper, I presume?) look rather retro by comparison. It's creating a weird kind of imbalance for me, aesthetically speaking.

Wolverine is a bit disappointing for me. They could've taken his chara design in so many more interesting and more character-appropriate directions and instead chose to go with a bland pretty-boy incarnation, instead. Maybe something scruffier, more along the lines of Jubei from Ninja Scroll would've been more appropriate. Sorry to be so narrow minded, but it ain't Wolvie without the muttonchops.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Jetbaby said:
Wolverine is a bit disappointing for me. They could've taken his chara design in so many more interesting and more character-appropriate directions and instead chose to go with a bland pretty-boy incarnation, instead. Maybe something scruffier, more along the lines of Jubei from Ninja Scroll would've been more appropriate. Sorry to be so narrow minded, but it ain't Wolvie without the muttonchops.
It's not narrow-minded at all. I actually agree completely. My main problem is also that he isn't, well, scruffy enough.

And yes, Jubei from Ninja Scroll is a good analogy, however, maybe even a little scruffier than that.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
wow. can't wait, for either of them, however, the Iron-man looks slightly better.

BunJ

Jul 26, 2009
The Ironman looked nice until the pirate showed up then I was alttle confused...
With Wolverine they had a lot of material to use that came straight from the comics and it seems they just skipped over it. You know what would have been really cool? Daken. He's from Japan and it would make for a great drama.

Giraffle

Jul 26, 2009
The Iron Man one was pretty awesome, but I really didnt like what they did to wolverine, I didnt even know that it was wolverine till he got out his claws, changed him so much