Woman sues "Drive" distributor for not being enough like "Fast and the Furious"

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Ms. Deming, I have only one thing to say to you. Or rather, Emperor Yoshiro has said something that I wish to repeat to you.

Please stop polluting my planet with your raw, unmitigated stupid.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Racecarlock said:
That's like if I sued lucasarts because I didn't like the star wars prequels. Maybe if she did some actual damn research, she wouldn't have wasted her money. But you can't sue someone if you didn't like a movie. If that was possible, moviebob would already have all of micheal bay's money.
No, if you had tried to sue George Lucas because you didn't like the Star Wars prequels, you would still have a much better case than this woman...

I'm not sure what depresses me more, the fact that someone would think of something this stupid, or the fact that they could actually get a lawyer to back them for something that's going to get laughed right out of court within the first minute.

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
I can't really decide, especially since I haven't seen the trailer.
If they trailer made itself out to be a F&TF style movie, then yeah, that's annoying and I can understand why she'd want a refund,
However if she simply interpreted it that way, then the movie doesn't have to live up to individual expectations.

essentially was it false advertising?
which would be hard to claim, given that trailers are made from scenes in the movie,
everything in the trailer would have occurred in the movie,
Perhaps the theme presented by the trailer was false however,

You could take a movie like machete and make a trailer showing it as a romantic comedy, would that be false advertising?

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
It's not going to fly, as sue happy as people in America are these days. The court will ask her why she didn't ask for a refund after immediately seeing the movie, as that's the only real course of action to take in this situation. I mean, I accidentally saw EpicMovie and asked for my money back. The movie theatre complied.

You can't really sue the developer as they didn't force you to go to the movie theatre and pay for the ticket. There are also tons of sources and previews out there to look at, as well as a description of the movie under the title readily available.

I saw Drive without knowing what it was about. I loved the movie.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
emeraldrafael said:
Hunh... she could have just told the theatre she wanted a refund on her ticket and maybe some kinda discount the next time she comes by (if she's nice about it, at most she should at least have gotten a refund or free ticket for another day) and she wouldnt have seemed like such a ****.

Still, I hope the distributor counter sues her to the poor house but then again Im something of a vindictive bastard when shit like this springs up.
I would go further and sew her crotch up so she can't procreate.

Talydia

Feb 15, 2011
My mind, it is blown. Can I sue her now for being so stupid she melted my brain?

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
This video got used pretty extensively in the DC vs Zynga shenanigan, and I think it's pretty appropriate here too.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Davih said:
Wow, really? No words can describe how stupid she is.

Nurb said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4257966.stm
Did you actually read what was in your link? Never mind the fact it is over 6 year's old but it is about a study based from 1991 to 2000, so whatever point you were trying to make, it is pretty invalid.
Time doesn't delete stats or the findings.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Marter said:
and an end to "misleading movie trailers."
So, movies won't have trailers anymore? And for some reason, I seem to think she is from the United States just because of how stupid this all is... Damn I wanna move to a different country...

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009

I watched a trailer for Drive, and I can't really see any connection to Fast and Furious. Sure its got cars in it, but there's no references to any racing. I get the feeling this woman either wasn't paying attention when she saw the trailer, or just wants the attention...either way, me thinks the lawyer isn't a follower of the "No Win, No Fee" style of lawyering

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
So she wants $7.50 back....shouldn't it go to small claims court at the most?! I am embarrassed to be in the same state as this woman. And this is why the media can cover up anything because people are this retarded.

Davih

May 7, 2011
Nurb said:
Davih said:
Wow, really? No words can describe how stupid she is.

Nurb said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4257966.stm
Did you actually read what was in your link? Never mind the fact it is over 6 year's old but it is about a study based from 1991 to 2000, so whatever point you were trying to make, it is pretty invalid.
Time doesn't delete stats or the findings.
But stats change. More people in England may have been assaulted than in Scotland between 1991-2011 as an example than in 1991-2000.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
I read a story on a similarly stupid lawsuit. A man went into a grocery store, and picked up a rose from the floral section to smell it. The rose pricked his finger, so he tried to sue the floral company for 'pain and suffering' and for 'loss of wages'.

=.=

Crenelate

May 27, 2010
Try Bridge to Terabithia for a misleading trailer. Watched it last year thinking it would be an enjoyable fantasy romp, ended up sobbing hysterically for the rest of the evening. Good film though.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
If I was the judge of this case I would burst out laughing in her face...fucking moron...
My PS3 isn't enough like my Xbox!

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
dancinginfernal said:
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
I concur my friend.

I want to see what the court brief looked like.

"The movie in question, 'Drive,' contained no arrogant douchebags acting like they own the fucking planet, driving cars over ramps for no real reason and instead contained deep and rich characters within a compelling narrative. This distinction was not detailed in the film's trailer."

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Seems like someone needs to get smacked, with a boxing glove, filled with rocks, in the head.
Of all the frivolous, stupid lawsuits I've ever heard of.
Honestly this should be a crime, to be this damn idiotic.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011

thats out right Frivolous. if the court let this though i will be speechless. how stupid is she?

PissOffRoth said:
I read a story on a similarly stupid lawsuit. A man went into a grocery store, and picked up a rose from the floral section to smell it. The rose pricked his finger, so he tried to sue the floral company for 'pain and suffering' and for 'loss of wages'.

=.=

that person is stupid too

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
PissOffRoth said:

=.=
You're joking!

That's worse than the one I posted.

He didn't win, did he?