Women in TF2

Wireframefool

Mar 20, 2011
Well, I'm not really sure how it would work. Because i'm pretty sure Valve isn't adding a new class any time soon. And if you really want one, there are a ton of mods that change the scout/pyro to have girl models.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
DustyOldRoses [http://www.youtube.com/user/DustyOldRoses] on YouTube is a voice actress who is working actively with modders on creating comprehensive female versions of the TF2 classes. (I use the spy myself, and it is fantastic!)
Looking at the quality of their work...I would love it Valve implemented the idea sometime in the future.

Oh, and foor good measure: her take on Scout's Mom.
It's brilliant.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I`d rather they wouldn't make female models for them. So far, only one picture I've seen actually mirrors what a female TF2 class would look like.

Apart from that, all the fanart I've seen has made them into little waif sized skinny girls who don't look like they can handle the weapons they are carrying.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
I`d rather they wouldn't make female models for them. So far, only one picture I've seen actually mirrors what a female TF2 class would look like.

Apart from that, all the fanart I've seen has made them into little waif sized skinny girls who don't look like they can handle the weapons they are carrying.
I agree completely on the latter point.
Nine out of ten renderings of possible female versions are absolutely deplorable.
The above interpretation is absolutely brilliant, however (was going to link it myself, ninja'd!), and if someone would elaborate on that theme, as in actually abiding by the TF2 aesthetics, I think we could get some really interesting results.

[Edit:]

I found the group image I was searching for.

Afraid I don't know who the artist is, but with a few tweaks of specific designs, I could see this working.

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Now before anyone yells SEXIST down my throat, in any other game I'd say a woman is fine. As long as they're not abused to make it stupidly sexy or anything.

The reason I wouldn't have it in team fortress 2 however is... well, the theme of tf2, it's supposed to be funny. Now don't get me wrong, women can be funny too - trust me my sister makes me laugh all the time - but in a lot of themes I've noticed women aren't there to be funny, don't point and yell at me just yet, because look at any comedy shows on TV (for where i live in the UK at least) it seems to me that on shows like mock the week, QI or anything else which has intentions to be somewhat amusing - girls are limited.

And tf2's theme is supposed to be jolly and kind of amusing and every single one there is either evil, insane or just mean while still being a laugh, and I could imagine harder a role to fit for a women - (that said the announcer is done perfectly to fit in) -0 and I've checked out some of the alternate models and sound packs put together and even some of the really good ones just seem to stick out in the world of tf2.

So even though women would add versatility to tf2 if they were added, they'd kind of take out tf2s feel.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
The Pyro is a woman apparently. Anyways, I have no strong feelings one way or the other. As long as the game is good I can give two shits about the gender of the characters.
So my understanding is they keep calling the pyro he and she just to screw with the crazies who have to know everything.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
LiquidGrape said:
Look upon it and be happy, Soviet Heavy.

I know I am.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:

You might enjoy this. [http://celestial298.deviantart.com/art/Why-Your-female-TF2-OC-is-dumb-172114173]

Anyway... I can't play TF2, myself, but I have no enormous desire to see female characters/versions of the classes added. That said, if Valve did it, I wouldn't mind. It all just depends on how well it's done.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Dr. Paine said:
Soviet Heavy said:

You might enjoy this. [http://celestial298.deviantart.com/art/Why-Your-female-TF2-OC-is-dumb-172114173]

Anyway... I can't play TF2, myself, but I have no enormous desire to see female characters/versions of the classes added. That said, if Valve did it, I wouldn't mind. It all just depends on how well it's done.
That picture is so true.
Ekonk said:
Soviet Heavy said:
LiquidGrape said:
Look upon it and be happy, Soviet Heavy.

I know I am.
The picture you quoted is the only feminization of the TF2 cast that hasn't made me face palm.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
The Pyro is a woman apparently. Anyways, I have no strong feelings one way or the other. As long as the game is good I can give two shits about the gender of the characters.
That's actually still up to speculation. Valve will refer to the Pyro as both a he AND a she within the same update or post, or when they are talking about him/her.

No one knows, and Valve is loving the ability to play with our heads because of it.

Arctarus'sCookie

May 9, 2011
I don't think Valve will be making female counterparts anytime soon, but I hear there are some character models out there. I think the site is fpsbana.com.

TheAdam

Jul 21, 2010
I think it'd be important for the sake of character design that, were female class models to be implemented, they not simply be the existing wardrobe slapped onto a female frame. The female models would be dressed quite differently, and by no means am I saying they should all be twiggy large breasted bimbos in skintight spandex and scanty bikinis. If it's followed through, character design would have to be revamped tremendously to keep a consistent aesthetic.

Random aside, I think a male announcer could be an interesting addition.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Adam Jensen said:
I think having a female set of skins would be a good thing. Valve should totally make them.
Necro thread :/

Sadly nothing can stop the zombie apocalypse. It's a good thing that they are contained in the forum and don't infect the whole net.

OT The pyro may be female.
It wasn't me though. It was the guy above. And who check for dates anyway? This is the internet not the fuckin' Senate.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
This is the only class that can undergo a sex change op and still fit the game:

No other class would fit my picture of TF2.
Reminds me of a character in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
This is the only class that can undergo a sex change op and still fit the game:

SPAH

No other class would fit my picture of TF2.
So, this fits your TF2 picture:

but this doesn't:

Also