Women: your view on facial hair on men.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Aerosteam 1908 said:
It seems this thread that is aimed at women has been taken over by men...

I hope they don't mind the facial hair, I have to shave every God damn 2-3 days to not show stubble.
Look on the bright side, some of us have visible stubble within 8 hours.

At least I don't care what I look like. I don't bother to shave for 3-4 days normally, as that's when it starts to get itchy.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
I like they type of facial hair Robert Downey Jr. has <3 Or a bit of stubble. Other than that though, not a facial hair fan.

aakibar

Apr 14, 2009
as a man, and a manly man at that I love facial hair.

I backpack so you don't often get the chance to shave so you learn to love the beard.

when I am in civilization though I will keep a stubbly beard at most, the rugged look is soo cool :)

ps lumberjacks are awesome

Jebusetti

Jan 12, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
If a women can't handle the mane, they are not worth my time. I am growing a beard and loving it.
Amen brother, welcome to the kickass world of being a real man.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Do sideburns count as facial hair? Because I love my sideburns...As for other facial hair...I can do without. I'm a guy...but that doesn't mean I can't give my opinion!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Dimitriov said:
SirBryghtside said:
Not entirely related to the topic at hand, but as a guy who's just starting to get facial hair, is there a good way to get rid of it? Obviously there's shaving, but that leaves a stubble - and honestly I'd prefer it to stay if that's the alternative. Is my only option waxing or whatever? Because that sounds... no.
You don't want to wax your face. Seriously, that would be a terrible idea.

And if you shave properly it doesn't leave stubble. Are you using an electric razor?
^^^This. If you shave properly, there shouldn't be stubble. Get a better razor in my opinion...or if you are using electric...don't.

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Dimitriov said:
SirBryghtside said:
Not entirely related to the topic at hand, but as a guy who's just starting to get facial hair, is there a good way to get rid of it? Obviously there's shaving, but that leaves a stubble - and honestly I'd prefer it to stay if that's the alternative. Is my only option waxing or whatever? Because that sounds... no.
You don't want to wax your face. Seriously, that would be a terrible idea.

And if you shave properly it doesn't leave stubble. Are you using an electric razor?
daveman247 said:
SirBryghtside said:
Waxing? Hell naw!

A razor (as Opposed to an electric shaver) is supposed to give the cleanest shave. Theres a higher risk of cutting yourself though.
Thanks, I have been using an electric one. I'll look into the other stuff :)

Double edge safety razor. The razor itself will cost a little and learning how to use it will take a bit(pressure, bad etc), but you get a very nice shave and the blades are dirt cheap. Midpoint is something like $20-30 for a pack of 100, as opposed to $20-30 for an 8 pack of Gillette most recent umpteen bladed monstrosity.)

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
I've been paying a bit more mind to my facial hair lately (I'm a bloke obviously). I've usually just let my facial hair grow up until now. Not because I think it looks good though, Its just kinda fun to me. I think its worth noting that some of us guys just have fun with it rather than keeping in mind what others think.

Right now I'm rocking a bit of stubble with a faint 'stash. I just can't stand being clean shaven though.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I've been told I look better clean shaven, so that's the way I stay.

Sometimes I miss my bristliness. :c

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
saoirse13 said:
Anyway on the note of facial hair on men, I like it to a certain extent. Stubble is nice, so is a short beard. Personally not a fan of the long, waist-length beards though.
So you mean to tell me you don't find this
to be dead sexy?

Anyways being a man I cannot answer this question in regards to sexual attractiveness, but I will be that guy who admits that when I see another man with facial hair I tend to either think A.) He's a douche or B.) I wish I could pull off facial hair like that. Depending on the circumstances/style.

Captcha: 'Have an inkling' how appropriate.

saoirse13

Mar 21, 2012
Mr.PlanetEater said:
saoirse13 said:
Anyway on the note of facial hair on men, I like it to a certain extent. Stubble is nice, so is a short beard. Personally not a fan of the long, waist-length beards though.
So you mean to tell me you don't find this
to be dead sexy?

Anyways being a man I cannot answer this question in regards to sexual attractiveness, but I will be that guy who admits that when I see another man with facial hair I tend to either think A.) He's a douche or B.) I wish I could pull off facial hair like that. Depending on the circumstances/style.

Captcha: 'Have an inkling' how appropriate.
hmmm Nope sorry don't like that kind of beard. I think it's when a beard is maintained well that I like it.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
My man has a well-kept, short 'stache and goatee combo thing. It's very sexy, and suits him to a T. He shaved it off once, and he looked so different, all baby-faced and a bit strange. I swear, I woke up next to him in bed once, turned to face him, and in my groggy state, thought it was someone else. I screamed...

Anyway. Facial hair. Keep it well groomed, find the most attractive style for one's face, and I'm a fan. It's like girls' hair - some styles and lengths look better on certain girls than others, and it's always, ALWAYS more attractive when well-kept.

Though I've never seen a girl look better without hair, so the metaphor doesn't extend quite that far...

Captcha: hunky dory. Indeed, look after your facial hair, keep it suitable for your face, and all is hunky dory!

draconiansundae

Sep 14, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
I think you mean:

"Men, what is your view on womens views on facial hair on men?"

Because there aint any damn women here, my friend. A complete sausage fest. And the few that did stumble onto this site generally keep away from threads like these.
What am I then?

Some scruff is acceptable, but I have a pretty vehement distaste for facial hair in general. I literally cannot deal with moustaches unless I'm watching a movie that is set in the 1970's or wild West no matter how many hipsters insist on trying to bring them back. Most other women I know don't care much for it either, unless it's a very well-groomed, short beard.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
I think this sums up pretty much everyones response to some good facial hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBeSi-ODfJk
I don't know how to embed so you'll have to follow the link.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
If only I could make myself look as downright awesome as Adam Jensen:

Though It looks like his chin could stab you in the eye.

mrhappy1489 said:
I think this sums up pretty much everyones response to some good facial hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBeSi-ODfJk
I don't know how to embed so you'll have to follow the link.
Please, allow me:

Everybody gets one.

brubobaggins

Jun 16, 2011
Well I'm not a woman, but I'll put in my two bobs. I think this video by hit Australian band "The Beards" sums up my opinion on beards quite well.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
My wife and I prefer I don't have any facial hair. I honestly hate even stubble, it just looks weird on me. On the other hand I can at times be treated like I'm weak or a kid. I personally don't think I look like a kid. Do I?
I'm only 25 I shouldn't have to hide my "young adult" looking face, but sometimes other guys see me as weak or beneath them. This can cause friction in the work environment. Especially since my job requires me to give other people orders.