Woodsmanship

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
The best part of you guys trying to find a knife that no kid should have...is that, when I was a wee scout, several kids had knives exactly like that. It only now dawns on me how terrifying that truly is.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
That reminds me how Desert Bus will be here again soon. I wonder if the sashes were saved as potential items.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I really liked this week's video. I didn't notice a change in camera, though the footage did look very nice. Maybe I've been working with video too long... Or too little... Not sure which it is.

That being said, what kind of camera was that?

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
T-shirt: sad kid saying I bent my wookie. With Paul looking creepy in the background.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Lady Kathleen said:
Woodsmanship

The great outdoors is a hazardous place to film.

Read Full Article
Does...does Canada have a scouts? Either way as a former Boy Scout, those badges looked rather authentic.

Oh and I was SPL (Senior Patrol Leader basically the non-adult leader) that is exactly what it is like trying to talk to those kids.

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Lady Kathleen said:
Woodsmanship

Read Full Article
Does...does Canada have a scouts? Either way as a former Boy Scout, those badges looked rather authentic.

Oh and I was SPL (Senior Patrol Leader basically the non-adult leader) that is exactly what it is like trying to talk to those kids.
As the British essentially invented Scouting as a thing, we kinda got in on it. Plus if you consider that a) Canada was and is mostly nature and b) the skills learned while scouting were actually important for people back in the day, it seems only natural.

Although to be honest, the only reason I know we have scouting in Canada is because of some pedophile scout leader in Winnipeg (I think) that was in the news recently.

Ed.

Jan 14, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Lady Kathleen said:
Woodsmanship

Read Full Article

Canada has scouts i have a flag i traded for from them at the world jamboree in 07

And this is rather close to what the kids are like these days, they are smarter than this obously but the whole why is this even relevant and them all having phones, that's a thing.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Those mosquitoes are sure good at picking their prey. Kathleen is too thin (in a good way), James too dangerous, so that left Graham and Matt as the plump and vulnerable blood sacks.

Also, Matt is an awesome actor.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
maxben said:
Ed. said:
Good to know. Also I only asked because my first reaction during the video was to point out everything that didn't match up to scout uniforms (or scout code) but then it occurred to me that Canada may have a scout program of their own with different rules and uniforms.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Pretty cool video, you guys; I couldn't tell it was literally a torture session to shoot. ("Well we started with flaming clown spiders, but we started to dial down for budget reasons and eventually reached kneeling in the mosquito-filled woods. It works better than you'd expect.")

Kathleen's job writing the video was ace, and after watching the video I was wondering where you'd gotten the badges to put on the sashes, and only now I realized it was sewn on, so Tally did a great job as well. Women of LRR represent!

(Graham's middle badge in the bottom row was clearly for winning a flintlock pistol duel.)

spwatkins

Nov 11, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Matt is Ralph Wiggum, too perfect. Also there's like 3 minuets of blackness at the end of the video.
I like the image of the "minuet of blackness". Is that followed by the "waltz of despair"?

Nov 30, 2009
Bugs on peoples' faces? OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4&feature=player_detailpage#t=12s