Woody Harrelson Confirmed For Han Solo Movie

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Woody Harrelson Confirmed For Han Solo Movie

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1373/1373826.jpg
Harrelson's role in the movie is still unknown.

Casting for 2018's Han Solo Star Wars spin-off continues, with Donald Glover [http://www.starwars.com/news/woody-harrelson-signs-on-for-young-han-solo-film] will be his co-hort Lando Calrissian.

"We couldn't be more excited to work with an artist with as much depth and range as Woody," said the film's directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller on Harrelson's casting. "His ability to find both humor and pathos, often in the same role, is truly unique. He is also very good at ping pong." His role in the film has yet to be disclosed.

Harrelson is known for his work in both TV and the big screen, in works such as The Hunger Games, No Country For Old Men, True Detective, Cheers, and Zombieland.

The stand-alone movie still does not have its own title, and is set to start filming this month. It was originally slated for a May, 2018 release date, but reports are suggesting [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169173-Star-Wars-Han-Solo-Solo-Movie-Delay] it has been delayed to December of the same year.

Source: Star Wars.com [http://www.starwars.com/news/woody-harrelson-signs-on-for-young-han-solo-film]

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
What are the odds he'll be Han's father? And I really hope they don't go that route. Seems way too predictable. And we have too many stories involving families in Star Wars.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I think I will skip this one, both because I don't want to get oversaturated with Star Wars and also because I think this is the most useless and uninteresting spin off they could have done.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Bob_McMillan said:
I think I will skip this one, both because I don't want to get oversaturated with Star Wars and also because I think this is the most useless and uninteresting spin off they could have done.
I think you will be surprised, some shadowy scribe will concoct something much worse... you underestimate the power of the dark side.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Saltyk said:
What are the odds he'll be Han's father? And I really hope they don't go that route. Seems way too predictable. And we have too many stories involving families in Star Wars.
Notto mention the fact that if they are going to cast anyone as Han's father it's gotta be Nathan Fillion.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
This too me is the weirdest thing about these new Star Wars movies. As a kid I didn't know any of the actors, and even when I did later on all the actors I recognised seemed to belong to this sphere of film in which playing in Star Wars made sense.

But now you have people like Mads Mikkelsen, George Whittaker and now Woody Harrelson on board and it's just weird man. Not bad, just...so strange. These people aren't from that same sphere, if it makes any sense.

Donald Glover however fits like a glove.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Cowabungaa said:
This too me is the weirdest thing about these new Star Wars movies. As a kid I didn't know any of the actors, and even when I did later on all the actors I recognised seemed to belong to this sphere of film in which playing in Star Wars made sense.

But now you have people like Mads Mikkelsen, George Whittaker and now Woody Harrelson on board and it's just weird man. Not bad, just...so strange. These people aren't from that same sphere, if it makes any sense.

Donald Glover however fits like a glove.
They where nobodys (but good enough actors) in the first trilogy (no budget) and that is perfect for a galaxy far far away, seeing famous people of this same planet we inhabit breaks immersion for me.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
you know what ? i think it would be nice that he played Hondo Ohnaka. we've seen the caracter several time in clone war and rebels, he's a pirate gang leader and smuggler. he's exactly the type of people that would be near a young Han Solo, and Woody Harrelson would fit perfectly in that role.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Saltyk said:
He will be Chewbacca's dad