"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Moments in gaming

Falko

Jun 5, 2010
Once at the start of a match on Battlefield 1943 (I think it was on Wake Island) most of the team got in the landing crafts and headed straight for the closest base. On the way, 2 enemy fighters spotted us and started firing. It reminded me of the intro to MOH:Frontline, watching the other landing crafts get shot at and explode. I wasn't driving or even on the MG, so I couldnt do anything. Somehow, we survived, and when we reached the shore I realized our craft was the only survivor. It was the most terrifying and awesome 10 seconds I've ever had with that game

tris4992

Jul 12, 2010
bfbc2,

I'd been flying around the map with dam (rush) in the the 3th stage I think in the gunner seat, thanks to my friend who is rather talented at flying the thing. Eventually after ranking up some kills we get hit, I bail out but my mate dies. Hit the ground directly behind an enemy thank (the bradley) but luckilly with me being an engineer I take out my rpg and shoot the **** out of it (didn't have much health so only took 2 missile's). Comleting that task I set of to the last objective of that stage, one way or another I maneged to jump on the tank (prob was a glitch cuz I've not been able to do it since :( ) form there I jump onto the roof of the little shack thing that protects the MCOM (from what rain ? I have no Idea what the function of those metal plate's are ?) jump down knife the 2 campers sitting next to the objective arm the bomb and run out into cover. Then I managed to defend it long enough for detonation (grenade and rpg-7 spam) killing 3 more in the process. But my spree doesn't end there between the enemy realocating to the next stage and us being allowed in I manage to find a quad (atv). Drive it into the enemy spawn in time to steal a bradley from under their nose's and rank up quite an impressive killstreak before getting blown up by a god damn landmine ...

Hours later when the euforia died I realized I didn't record that match ...

Craig Cameron

Jun 8, 2010
Another from BFBC2
because clearly this game has not dominated this thread =P
Beware I ramble
Ok I'll set the scene, it's early days for bad company 2, the playing field is split into newcomers and seasoned players, at this point I'd been playing the game online for about 3 weeks, 2 in the demo, 1 in retail so it's about the games 3rd week out given I took a little break after release for some other games and completed the campaign first. My friend and I had already found our preferable classes by this time, I was recon with an M24, I know it's the first rifle but I loved that gun, and my friend was a medic not because he loved the LMG although that was a small part of it, he went medic to help me and so he could get revive points and in return I would rain death on the field through a telescopic sight almost ensuring our position as best squad.

So it's a game of rush, defence on port valdez. I played 2 weeks of this made and gametype, it was my home and I knew it well. Being a sniper who prefers to hide and pick my targets I was always a little behind on the action, but that suited me fine. The second set of crates go down and still no one notices the lone sniper in the house. I wander out to find the battle has moved down to the docks. Now what happened next surprised even me, and people who I told of this event called me a liar for a long time. I was on the road to the docks, picking off a few targets further down when I notice that the Apache is up, this isn't a big deal right? I mean my team is down there, it'll be one of them taking to the skies. To my dismay it wasn't, it was a lone player from the enemy team who'd managed to get hold of the Apache before one of ours did. He hovers around firing off as many rockets as possible, then flys up the road toward me, now he was coming in fast and for some reason I don't run, maybe I knew I couldn't avoid it, the rocket came spewing out, tearing up the road in front of me, I look right into the cockpit and pull the trigger, I figure I might as well die trying. The rockets stop and the Apache begins to fall, in the centre of my screen the word "Headshot" fades from view. The Apache explodes as it strikes the road in front of me, sending shrapnel and fire all around me. I hand't moved, I hadn't even garnered an emotional response to what had just happened. I stood there among the wreckage and finally said "Don't mess".

Granted that has to be one of the worst one liners ever but it's the only thing that went through my head until I shot a guy trying to sneak up the beach to the docks.

GoWithDAFro

Feb 18, 2010
Every fight in Shadow of the Colossus, when you figure out how to reach their weakpoints and the epic music starts playing. Then they die and I feel sad. It was brilliant how that game made the fights themselves thrills, but the actual victories hollow.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
More BFBC2 Epicness:

Rush on Isla Inocentes. My team was defending, and doing a good job of it as two enemy Blackhawks approached our positions. After a brief exchange of fire the first helicopter backed off under heavy AA fire, but his partner was more persistant. Flanking our island their gunners took out our AA, leaving only RPGs as our air defense. Under fire from the chopper's door gunner I drew my tracer dart gun and fired, hitting the underside of the helicopter. I pulled out my RPG, locked on and fired, watching the missile slam into the helicopter as its crew bailed out to be slaughtered on the ground by our infantry. Strangely, the stricken helicopter was not destroyed - it was heavily damaged, but not beyond repair. As an Engineer, I quickly ran to the crash site at the back of our island and repaired the vehicle. Jumping into the pilot's seat I called for my teammates to come and man the guns but nobody responded. Deciding to provide recon from above, I took off regardless of my lack of gunners. After about a minute of circling above the battlefield spotting targets for the ground troops, the other enemy helicopter returned. Realising that I wasn't his friend, he turned his chopper sideways and his gunner opened fire. A hail of bullets tore through the windows of my helicopter, heavily wounding me and causing my chopper to jolt forwards. The enemy held his position, the Blackhawk hovering with it's left side facing me while the door gunner sprayed bullets at me. Dipping the nose of the helicopter I committed to a sort of midair charge, plowing the front of my helicopter into the side of his. I watched in awe as his gunner was hurled from the side of the helicopter, killed on impact. Roadkill. Trophy Unlocked. I parachuted from my helicopter as the two choppers, still locked together, slammed into the sea around me.

Epic.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
A few hours ago in Team Fortress 2. I am a rather kickass Soldier. I usually use the Gunboats (-60% damage on self, making Rocket Jumping easy), but I decided for the goodness of my team to use the Buff Banner.

I found out that shooting a teammates feet raises my Buff Banner's rage meter, and I had tons and tons of Buffs.

So many kills, so many assists.

Tinbust

Jan 1, 2011
the waterloo level from psychonauts its just epic and awesome I love how that game throws u curve balls in level design but keeps the gameplay coherent