Words stuck in your head

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
So for some reason all day today this word "tachyon" has been stuck in my head, repeating itself. Why? I looked up the word thinking it was just curiosity, nothing. I tried using the word, nothing. So why is it still stuck? Anyone else ever get this?

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Yes. Often. I've got one right now. Mainge.
Spell check doesn't even recognize that word. Apparently it means some kind of rotting in furs. Heard it while listening to some author speak and someone asked him what his favorite word of the English language is.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Emperor Percival Tachyon, supreme ruler of the Cragmites!

And now the word Tachyon is stuck in my head too, thanks.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Well, recently, I've had "Lord Minoru!" stuck in my head... really wanted to say it so much...
But apart from that, yes, I tend to get words/phrases stuck in my head all the time.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I've got the words 'creeping death' stuck in my head. Stupid awesome Metallica album.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Currently, I'll suddenly get "Julie" in my head, for no apparent reason.

Resurrectionist

Feb 17, 2010
The words stuck in my head today are from an old 'Lost in Space' episode
when the Robot goes haywire and repeats--

Kill, Crush, Destroy.
Kill, Crush, Destroy.
Kill, Crush, Destroy.

And ?Danke Schoen? by Wayne Newton
because a TV show made a referrence and it stuck.

2+2 = What I really want to do is
Kill, Crush, Destroy the dork on TV that shoved that stupid song to my head.

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
Pingieking said:
Yes. Often. I've got one right now. Mainge.
Spell check doesn't even recognize that word. Apparently it means some kind of rotting in furs. Heard it while listening to some author speak and someone asked him what his favorite word of the English language is.
Try spelling it without the 'I' and see what happens.

OT: Not usually individual words, but usually sections of songs.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Optimus Hagrid said:
It would be "Mao Cow", which is an unlockable cow in the titular game Cow Clicker.

Mao Cow.
That cow name is almost awesome enough to make me want to start on facebook and get it.

Cornucopia. It was the favourite word of a friend of mine from school and whenever I think or hear it, it gets stuck for a few hours until it is replaced by something else.

HillDragon

Apr 16, 2009
Nothing stuck at the moment but I often get things like:

DucheBucket
Haberdash
Mukluk, Macadamia(sp?), Spatula.
And PsudoPsychosis(sp?).

They usualy stick until I get to use them in a strong sentence or as a loud boisterous verbal comment.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Plug and chug.

I hated my Physics 12 teacher for a number of reasons, ranging from her irritating voice to her general incompetence, but her constant use of the phrase "Plug and Chug" was probably the thing about her I despised most.