World of Darkness MMO.

Janosuk

Apr 17, 2008
http://www.wodnews.net/Home/tabid/41/ctl/ArticleView/mid/401/articleId/69/New-WoD-MMO-info-from-The-Grand-Masquerade-UPDATED.aspx

For those interested in CCP's upcoming horror based vampire MMO in development here's a little information recently gathered from The Grand Masquerade event.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Didn't even know there was a WOD mmo in the works.

Just vampires? No werewolves, Prometheans, or hunters?

Janosuk

Apr 17, 2008
For the moment it's just vampires, can you imagine attempting to balance werewolves, mages and everything else for that matter? Would be a nightmare!

Though you do get the choice to stay mortal for the entire game, IF you really want to that is...

At the very least your vampire wont sparkle, that's got to count for something right?

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:

From what I've read, you start off as a human, and can remain human the entire game.

What exactly you can become other than a vampire has yet to be stated.

OT: Thanks for the link OP. I've just been seeing snippets of info from place to place.

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
aww no caitiff.

DeadlyYellow said:

they mention "V:tM" (vampire the the masqurade)since that is old world of darkness not vampire the requirum (new world of darkness) i'm guessing prometheans don't exist in this setting. Olny guessing tho......

Janosuk

Apr 17, 2008
Yeah they decided to go with V:tm, I read some where that they will be using some elements from vampire the requiem, but what those are is anyones guess.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
...looks interesting, actually. Granted, that "there will be final death" thing (if it gets in) is kind of worrying, but everything else is fascinating.

Janosuk

Apr 17, 2008
I imagine the final death thing to be in certain areas only and on specific servers also, besides some people wouldn't like the treat of having the chance to lose thier character to some random griefer.

gostlyfantom

Jan 22, 2011
does... does this mean i can play a nosferatu that spends 95% of his time obfuscated behind people holding a flamethrower?

Janosuk

Apr 17, 2008
Roleplaying a pyromaniac Nosferatu.. hmm interesting concept, personally i'm more concerned as to what clans will be playable an if the sabbat clans will be included. I want the chance to unleash my inner Tzimitze.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
I wonder how that going to work. Having tons of vampires running around the place seems like it would be kind of weird. You can get to prince without killing anything but thu connections? With other players or NPCs?

Janosuk

Apr 17, 2008
usmarine4160 said:
Janosuk said:
I imagine the final death thing to be in certain areas only and on specific servers also, besides some people wouldn't like the treat of having the chance to lose thier character to some random griefer.
Not familiar with CCP are you? There will be 1 server, no shards, everyone in the same world just like Eve Online
lol I think i had a brain fart when i wrote that response, though i do stick by the assumption that only certain areas will have the ability to administer final death to a play character.

darkonxy

Sep 22, 2011
I'm still skeptical about this game really don't get all hyped up about this , its still long ways away from actual content being shown and often times games like this are too good to be true. Alot of people don't realize this but .... WoD's nature isn't really MMO friendly

darkonxy

Sep 22, 2011
usmarine4160 said:
Janosuk said:
usmarine4160 said:
Janosuk said:
Not familiar with CCP are you? There will be 1 server, no shards, everyone in the same world just like Eve Online
lol I think i had a brain fart when i wrote that response, though i do stick by the assumption that only certain areas will have the ability to administer final death to a play character.
CCP said they are going to stop griefers, but given their audience since Eve Online came out I have my doubts... sandbag walls won't do shit to stop a tsunami :p
yeah and their going to do this how? you can't stop people from being douches its in our nature , and as stated before if you've played the Pen and Paper Version of The World Of Darkness you will know that this isn't a going friendly MMO where there is somebody to hold your hand , you have to think on the move read people and call ruses when you see the or you'll be dead. I think this game even if it is released will fall into a niche market , which is something you really don't need, well if you want massive revenues anyways.

Janosuk

Apr 17, 2008
They make a mention of the 'Humanity' stat an how it might work in the game, the more you grief the lower the stat which in turn flags you for PvP enabling players to administer final death.
Though what counts as griefing or how you judge what is griefing is as good a guess as any, obviously just randomly killing a player would lower your humanity stat but there would be problems with that system, it could be abused an all the rest of it.
I'm just going to leave it up to CCP to create a system that works, or at the very least they will throw out a beta for us to test it all.