World of Warcraft Legion Expansion to Release in August

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
World of Warcraft Legion Expansion to Release in August

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1313/1313432.png

World of Warcraft's next expansion, Legion, is set to release on August 30th.

Blizzard has announced that Legion, the upcoming expansion for World of Warcraft, will be releasing on August 30th. Players who pre-order can receive an instant level 100 character boost, as well as early access to the new Demon Hunter class.

"Legion opens a dark and thrilling new chapter in one of the Warcraft series' greatest conflicts, and things will never be the same for some of Azeroth's most iconic heroes and villains," said Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime. "This expansion is loaded with features and content that give players whole new ways to explore the world and customize their heroes. We're looking forward to sending everyone into battle against the Burning Legion this August."

The expansion raises the level cap to 110, adds new customizable artifact weapons, dungeons, and raids, introduces the new Demon Hunter class, and comes with a revised PvP Honor System.

[gallery=6155]

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Rather obviously going for a Burning Crusade knockoff... aah. Good times!

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I played WoW since Vanilla launch week, with only a few fairly brief interruptions before Warlords, and this is the first time I've had zero interest in playing the new expansion. Warlords of Draenor just really killed the whole experience for me, and from what I've been seeing, Blizzard hasn't really been listening or learning.

Worse than that though, the game feels dead. I know that it's still top-dog among MMORPGs for playerbase... but compared to what it once was, it feels like a ghost town (without even factoring in what garrisons have done to amplify that feeling). My raiding guild at its peak during Wrath had around 300 unique accounts. I made a lot of good friends in that guild (a few of which I've followed to other games, and still regularly keep in touch with even when not gaming). Last time I played, back in February '15, that same guild rarely had more than three people online at any given time (including me). From what I've read on the forums, that's not even an uncommon situation.

/sigh

It's kinda disappointing.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
I almost feel like this announcement is coming so that people will remember that an expansion is coming out and stop talking about vanilla servers for five minutes. From what I've seen of this expansion, and how drastically the game continues to deviate from its original few forms, I doubt this will catch much attention.

Scy Anide

Redacted
Dec 7, 2013
I'm actually unusually excited for this expansion because my class (rogue) has a lot more changes than it usually does. I'm sure I'll settle back into form pretty quickly but it'll be nice to try something that's at least somewhat new compared to a lot of previous expansions where I felt like the three spec had very few changes (and I can't stand playing other classes). Otherwise, it might be a good thing that I've never been invested in the lore and story of Warcraft because while I agree what they're doing with it is stupid, I just don't care. I just want new content for something fun to do with the people I've played with for nearly 12 years now.