World of Warplanes Website Takes to the Skies

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Elementlmage said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Slycne said:
I can see it already. "Nerf P-51D's they're overpowered!"
And imagine the shitstorm when the devs release the Messerschmitt Me-262 through microtransaction.

... I'd buy it.
If they do it right, the P51-D should be a noob trap. It's not that maneuverable below 15k feet and has crap for fire power compared to other planes of the era like the Yak-3, La-7, Me-109G and so forth.

And the 262 wasn't that great either. It's extremely stiff to fly and has crap for gun range as the muzzle velocity on those cannons is something like 500 m/s. It is fast though!

I will own ALL with my Yak-3!
Arrrgghhh! The goddamned Russians with their low stall speeds!

http://www.acecombat.jp/ace6/arms/su-47/002.jpg
Sexy Su-47 render! What game is that from?

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I imagine they'll have the horrible World Of Tanks system of paying premium to be able to group with friends.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Elementlmage said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Elementlmage said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Slycne said:
And imagine the shitstorm when the devs release the Messerschmitt Me-262 through microtransaction.

... I'd buy it.
If they do it right, the P51-D should be a noob trap. It's not that maneuverable below 15k feet and has crap for fire power compared to other planes of the era like the Yak-3, La-7, Me-109G and so forth.

And the 262 wasn't that great either. It's extremely stiff to fly and has crap for gun range as the muzzle velocity on those cannons is something like 500 m/s. It is fast though!

I think it's from Ace Combat...

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Elementlmage said:
Screw your 190! I'll run yo down in my Yak-3 and make you eat ShVAK fury with .50 cal HE-I icing! If they go sim, don't even think about coming on my tail either; I can pull a single rotation flat spin on cue!
That's a weak move, dude. And if WoWarplanes (we're gonna need to come up with a better abbreviation) allows flat spins in the first place, which will surprise me, I'm sure they'll have figured out how to keep that particular cheeze-out from happening.

PS. Yaks suck.

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Elementlmage said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Elementlmage said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Slycne said:

... I'd buy it.

I think it's from Ace Combat...
Yep id say its Ace Combat 6

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Nightfalke said:
One step closer to re-releasing X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.
I would so play an MMO like that.

This MMO does look interesting though.

ND

May 24, 2008
Oh fuck yeah.

Can't wait to be all over everyone's shit with my 1337 zero skillz.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Elementlmage said:
Screw your 190! I'll run yo down in my Yak-3 and make you eat ShVAK fury with .50 cal HE-I icing! If they go sim, don't even think about coming on my tail either; I can pull a single rotation flat spin on cue!
That's a weak move, dude. And if WoWarplanes (we're gonna need to come up with a better abbreviation) allows flat spins in the first place, which will surprise me, I'm sure they'll have figured out how to keep that particular cheeze-out from happening.

PS. Yaks suck.
So what you are saying is that if I use my crafts inherent superiority at certain aspects of dog-fighting (in this case, razors edge maneuverability), I'm a cheap ass? But, when you do it (stall-fighting) you are l33t-pwnzor?

Also, I am thinking WoWplanes?

souper soup guy

Aug 8, 2011
Huzzah, so EC predicted so it has become.
Anyway this is really good, I'm eagerly anticipating a mmo turn based strategy game or a mmo rts.
Oooh idea, maybe we can have a turn based strategy game where one player commands the other players, then the players get in to dogfights to determine the outcome of the battle.