World's Strongest Robot Deserves World's Silliest Ceremony

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
2fish said:
So Japan will make the sex robots, Germany will make them really strong and probably add the soldier sofware, what will Italy add the ability to eat pasta?
Italy will make them go really fast.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
2fish said:
So Japan will make the sex robots, Germany will make them really strong and probably add the soldier sofware, what will Italy add the ability to eat pasta?
A fast sexbot, that seems like a letdown to me.I mean the idea works for Italy's part but the idea makes me sad. Sex Bot 2.5 she/he is faster than you are! The parts are interchangeable you buy the robot not the gender. We don't ask and you don't tell ;).

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Damn... I wanna use that thing to flip cars! :D

Well either that or hook up the biggest gun that I can find for it and send it out onto the battlefield. That thing looks like it's part of some kind of giant mecha or robot.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Guys, this problem can easily be solved.

We just create weights that are 1001kg!

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
LOL......The huge button they press in the first vid......it's a closet light that's sold in the U.S. I have about 5 of them in my house. Mount it on the wall/ceiling/wherever, press it, and it turns on.
I was scared when I read the title of the article, but I honestly think I would win in a fight against that thing.....it would just take about a year with no weapon, and by weapon I mean tool.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Formica Archonis said:
Greg Tito said:
The Kuka Titan is the strongest industrial robot in the world.
The STRONGEST?! Someone call the ice fairy, we've got a contender!

(Too obscure?)
Not at all. If it lifts ⑨000 kilograms I would be more impressed. I'm pretty sure your average fork lift can do the same.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Oh no! A killer robot that can lift a shit ton of stuff!

*runs up a slight incline*

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
2fish said:
Anarchemitis said:
2fish said:
A fast sexbot, that seems like a letdown to me.I mean the idea works for Italy's part but the idea makes me sad. Sex Bot 2.5 she/he is faster than you are! The parts are interchangeable you buy the robot not the gender. We don't ask and you don't tell ;).
Or it has wheels attached to its feet so it can travel at 500km/h.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Skorpyo said:
Oh no! A killer robot that can lift a shit ton of stuff!

*runs up a slight incline*
It has wheels that allow it to sprint, so have fun being run over, and then when your legs snap and are pinned under the machine, all the joy of being torn in half when it seizes your upper body and yanks.

Killer Robots are serious business

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
Electrogecko said:
LOL......The huge button they press in the first vid......it's a closet light that's sold in the U.S. I have about 5 of them in my house. Mount it on the wall/ceiling/wherever, press it, and it turns on.
I was scared when I read the title of the article, but I honestly think I would win in a fight against that thing.....it would just take about a year with no weapon, and by weapon I mean tool.
I couldn't finish the video I was laughing so hard as soon as I saw it! :D

I guess they needed a "dramatic big light-up button" to press for the cameras but didn't want to go through the effort of actually hooking it up to anything....

OT: That's pretty cool I guess

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
give a youBot a gun. Then we'll really have shock troops lol

Rather would like to consider the KUKA a bouncer XD

ND

May 24, 2008
These guys appear to be rather proud of the technological terror they have created.

LtWiesel

Jul 26, 2010
Death and destruction made in Germany! Well, we stick to what we know, right? ^^

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Soooo.. Its a crane that can lift a 1000 kilos and then move..

And this is something new? Haven't trucks with cranes on em done this for centuries?

Failed to be impressed by this..

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
omg. that first vid reminded me of Terminator so much. I was just waiting for the thing to become self aware and start mauling people.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Greg Tito said:
We don't want to aid Skynet any more than we already have.
Has their been a news post about robotics that didn't end with a joke about Skynet?
I'm not complaining, I'm honestly not sure. I suppose the ones that aren't scary or potentially disastrous...
OT: The robot really didn't look cool enough to impress me too much. I mean, it's little more than a glorified hydraulic lift. It's cool, but nothing all that new. At least it looks that way, it's probably quite exciting technology.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
I don't know about calling this thing a death machine.... it sure is slow.

I think anyone who couldn't out-maneuver this thing is in pretty poor health anyway.