Worst alien invasion movie of all time

Cannibal Johnson

Dec 29, 2011
A Satanic Panda said:
fix-the-spade said:
Lusty said:
Signs. Aliens that are allergic to water invade a planet comprised almost entirely of water. My vote for worst film ever, not just worst alien invasion.
Ah, but planet earth has hardly any water at all, the trouble is that it's thinly spread in a ring round the planet's surface. Why the aliens had no kind of body armour but did have space ships, now there's one for the script writers...

Define: "hardly."

But Lusty is right, life that is allergic to water? Isn't a necessity for life in fact water?

As for the worst movie, I couldn't name it. But a long time ago when Syfy was called Sci Fi, there was this movie about aliens try to enslave humans. It started with some people in an airport in the middle of god damn nowhere, and some aliens showed up and turn into human look-a-likes as people at the airport start disappearing and being killed. So they all pull together or something and try to fix some old bi-plane there while other people go and find supplies in the airport. I guess they couldn't leave on-foot because there was nowhere to go or something.

I watched it when I was really young, the movie scared me shitless. Especially this one scene where to find out who was a human look-a-like and actually a person, they all went through a large body scanner that operated like a luggage scanner. So one guy gets on and the machine goes off with all the beeping and flashing, and it turns out the guy still had his phone on him. So he was fine and passed through. but then the old lady is next and she doesn't wan to go in. But she does and the screen that shows a scary ass looking skeleton and the machine beeps like crazy. It starts shaking and pulls the guy close to it in and eats him. the machine breaks or something and kill the alien too.

Anyway later you find out that the aliens are here to enslave humans... by starting in a small airport I guess and they all get left their after the last 2 people leave on that bi-plane.

If you know what movie this is please do tell.
Was it the one with Bruce Cambell? Hell yea I saw that movie! I didn't judge it harshly mainly due the fact that Bruce Cambell was in it because
A:Its Bruce fucking Cambell
and
B:Bruce Cambell is a B-Movie actor as in, he usually only stars in movies that are purposefully campy and dumb

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
Mr.Grim said:
A Satanic Panda said:
fix-the-spade said:
snipped so hard
Was it the one with Bruce Cambell? Hell yea I saw that movie! I didn't judge it harshly mainly due the fact that Bruce Cambell was in it because
and
B:Bruce Cambell is a B-Movie actor as in, he usually only stars in movies that are purposefully campy and dumb
I have no idea. Remember the name of the movie? :3

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
HardkorSB said:
Hmm, For the time being, I would say... THE GREEN SLIME!!!

It's very entertaining though, great camp value.

Also, check out this kick ass theme song:

That song was incredible, thank you.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
Marter said:
How about The Asylum's version of War of the Worlds? Or do the films from that company not count?
Keep it big budget. All asylum movies are shit, no mistake, but they are D-grade shit that practically shits on itself a Shitception if you will.

May 5, 2010
Dr. Mongo said:
Signs was bad, but Skyline... god, I hate that movie so much. Followed closely by World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles. COD meets Independence Day.
I watched Skyline on Netflix for one reason: The part in the trailer where the douchy-looking guy screams like a little girl. Here, let me see if I can find it, it's fucking priceless...

I'd tell you when...it...happens, but I think it's actually funnier with the whole trailer building it up. Don't worry, it'll be worth your time. I promise.

Anyway, the cunts replaced that glorious display of high-caliber acting with a much deeper "NOOO!!!!" It was, with quite a lot of exaggeration, the biggest disappointment of my entire life.

SHORT VERSION: Yeah, Skyline sucks. However, the WORST alien invasion movie is clearly "Plan 9 From Outer Space". Look it up. I can't even begin to describe all the hilariously horrible things about it. Suffice to say it contains the following line: "He's been murdered...And somebody's responsible!"

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
The worst one that I've personally seen is Signs. I enjoyed War of the Worlds, Plan 9 is at least entertaining, and....

Oh, crap. Scratch Signs. Battlefield Earth is technically an alien invasion movie. Anyone got anything worse than that?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Battlefield Earth easily.

The single worst movie I have ever seen. Truly spectacular how Travolta could go.

Edit: ninja'd by the person above me.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
dontbugmeplease said:
A Satanic Panda said:
Mr.Grim said:
A Satanic Panda said:
fix-the-spade said:
snipped so hard
and
I have no idea. Remember the name of the movie? :3
Terminal Invasion.

F*ck yeah, Bruce Campbell!
Fuck yeah! I know what I'm watching tonight. I will stare my childhood fears in the face, and spit on it.

This movie won the thread.

The setting for this nail-biting thriller is a snowbound rural airport. A group of outer-space aliens, disguised as human, take over the airport, in preparation of conquering the earth. The fate of mankind ultimately rests in the hands of two others trapped in the terminal: a fiercely combative female pilot named Cathy Garrett (Chase Masterson), and convicted murderer Jack (Bruce Campbell). The only problem is, with the aliens totally camouflaged as earthlings, no one can tell the good guys from the bad.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Battle of Los Angeles. Not to be confused with Battle LA, of course.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758570/

It sucked ass.
It was given a rating of 2.1 (and rightfully so!)

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
I didn't....hate...Skyline. I didn't expect anything from it besides a low budget alien movie, which is what I got. I mean, its better than anything on Syfy these days, and I can always pull some kind of entertainment value from these movies because I try not to be a Scrooge (like most of these forums, just saying). The problem I had was the last 5 minutes of the movie (aka, his brain going into an alien body and fighting the aliens) should have been in the first 30 minutes of the goddam movie, but that would've made it at least somewhat interesting. Instead of running around a few buildings for 90% of the film.

Mars Attacks is hilarious, you people need to get a sense of humor.

Signs is bad though. I liked the concept, sorta I guess, I dunno. I like trying to play off old-school aliens with a horror vibe....but they went overboard. I think they should've been like typical grey aliens, and they shouldn't have stupid plot weaknesses like WATER (that's a zombie movie plot weakness Mr.Gibson). It could've been better than it was, which was disappointing.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
No no no... You guys aren't hitting close enough to the mark. Okay, honorable mention for Plan 9 and Green Slime, but you all FORGET that there has been extensive research on this. The absolute worst alien invasion movie of all time has to be...the absolutely most-painful aci-fi invasion movie ever to hit MST3K...

Go on, I dare you! Find something worse in that context! Plan 9 at least hits the point where it's too ridiculous to take seriously! THIS IS PAIN! DEEP HURTING...! DEEP HURTING...!!!

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
TheKasp said:
Nouw said:
I'm pretty sure Signs is a big contender.
Aliens with a severe weakness to water and inability to deal with blunt, wooden objects invade earth without any offensive tools besides their natural ability to poison someone from close distance. Yeah, a fucking stupid premise.
they can't even get through pantry doors

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
TheKasp said:
Nouw said:
I'm pretty sure Signs is a big contender.
Aliens with a severe weakness to water and inability to deal with blunt, wooden objects invade earth without any offensive tools besides their natural ability to poison someone from close distance. Yeah, a fucking stupid premise.
Not to mention how much of our atmosphere is water. They would be burned the instant they stepped off the ship.

J. Mazarin

Jun 25, 2012
Alhazred said:
The correct answer is Plan Nine From Outer Space. It really is just THAT bad in all aspects.
It almost took until the second page for someone to say this...?

Reminds me of all the special little people who shout "OH MAH GAWDS COD IS THE WURST GAME OF ALL TIEM" while ignoring such gems as "Big Rigs Racing" and "E.T.".

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Avatar. Fucking hated that movie. Humans should have won. Fuck the blue aliens.
Tell me about it, humans just wanted the unobtainium so why didn't they just napalm the planet? Or use orbital bombardment?

Nobodyman

Jun 5, 2009
My manager at work said he saw War of the Worlds on TV and said he loved it. (This is the same guy who thought watchmen was stupid)

Me Personally? I'll have to go with Skyline.It was stupid, boring, nonsensical, and just play garbage.