Worst Anime You've Ever Seen?

PeaceFistCreations

Feb 19, 2009
The Bleach manga wasn't exactly original, but it told its story in such a fresh and original style that it became lovable.
And the damn Anime series ruined all of that.

NinjaSkills

Jul 5, 2008
I agree with you Jonny, Naruto is overrated. Sure I used to like it a lot but now I've lost a lot of interest in it. I only read the manga now.

As for the worst anime that I've seen, I'd say Akkikan (or however the way it's spelled)

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
NinjaSkills said:
I agree with you Jonny, Naruto is overrated. Sure I used to like it a lot but now I've lost a lot of interest in it. I only read the manga now.

As for the worst anime that I've seen, I'd say Akkikan (or however the way it's spelled)
Oh god, Akikan is horrible.

Actually, it's worse, but I don't think words can describe how bad it is

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Erana said:
Hrm... That's tough. Possibly the American YuGiOh. The original manga was suprisingly good, though, mostly because I was so amused by the fact that the alter Yugi pretty much acts like Death: chellange someone to a game, and if they loose, they go insane and experience horrific hallucinations where Death would take their soul.
But...but...it has Dan Green! [http://revver.com/video/853462/dan-green-presents-abridged-101/]

In all seriousness thought, yeah it is pretty bad. But it makes for great source material for The Abridged Series (which makes fun of all the stupidity of the series in a lighthearted enough manner for fans of the show to enjoy it. I am not a fan of either regular series of Yu-Gi-Oh, though I did watch the American version when I was a kid, up until that whole stupid biker thing which came after when I just stopped watching Saturday morning cartoons in general. I thought season 0 was okay, and what I've read of the manga was pretty good. Dark Yugi acts almost like a benevolent Saw =P [but with better traps, and a more entertaing storyline, even if one is watching the 4kids version]).

k3v1n

Sep 7, 2008
sanzo said:
k3v1n said:
hellsing, I'm sorry, but I read the comics and absolutely LOVED IT the gore¡¡the weird story¡¡ the characters¡¡(although it gets stupid after the seventh one). and then someone told me there was an Anime, so I whatched a couple of episodes and they SUCKED¡¡¡ not 1/6 of the comics greatness
...ooh and naruto anime
You know they released a new Hellsing OVA series that's a lot more like the manga, right?

hmm...I didn't know, I have been very busy and had left Manga/Anime a long time ago, but thanks for the information, I'll check it out :D

Shining Blaze

Apr 9, 2008
Oh, this is easy: Gundam Seed Destiny. The first one was bad. It wasn't all that original and practically ripped off the original Gundam series...except at a slower pace with bishonen characters.

The sequel was worse. Originality was pretty much shot when they literally ripped off the Zaku and made its name in caps. Future upgrades were easy to predict and not that impressive either. Storyline-wise, it tried to rip off Zeta Gundam, then stopped and did its own thing. Unfortunately, it was probably better off ripping off Zeta Gundam because it really, really sucked. It's last good episode was 34 and I like to consider that the end of the series. Around 39 or so, the writer decided that she hated the main character and liked her former main character. Because she decided that, the series went up in smokes, resulting in the worst Gundam series, no...anime...that I know of. I can't even feel sorry for the writer getting cancer...it's obviously brain cancer.

Aethonic

Jan 10, 2008
I don't watch much anime, but the synopsis for Gantz was kind of interesting and had me want to watch it. So I watch it, and it has to be the worst written and worst paced show of any sort I've ever seen. Moreover, the theme is hamfisted into the last episode via monologue and there is no satisfying resolution to the major conflict (but that applies to the vast majority, anyways). It also crams in some "mature" content in there, presumably for the edginess factor, which just comes off as 'rating greed'. I'd like to forget I wasted my time with it, time which could have been better spent banging my head against a brick wall.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
FLCL... I know millions loved it and said it was THE THING but I simply didn't like it. This is by no means saying that it is bad, I'm just saying the story was so out of the limits of normality that it felt like a bunch of loose plot string flying in the air, to be connected anyway the viewer likes.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
mike1921 said:
leontyrone said:
spuddyt said:
I find myself watching both bleach and naruto rather in spite of myself, I mean I know bleach had the first 10 or so episodes actually being genuinally funny, but why am I still watching like a hundred episodes after the funny stopped and the generic shounen started...

Yeah, I found Bleach pretty entertaining until it came to the arcs it's on now, the Bounts or something. I mean there are sometimes just some characters that are so bad (evil bad not the other kind) that you just want them gone. Some, no rather nearly all of them are pretty iritating in the way that even if you seriously injure them, they bounce back.
Speaking of which, any anime with regenerating people (and I mean fastly regenerating, not get them regenerate that missing toe tommorow, and not they fastly regenerate from attacks made out of X or Z, I mean they're either almost or completely invincible) deserves to be mentioned here.
That's funny considering you have an Hellsing avatar.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
Jursa said:
FLCL... I know millions loved it and said it was THE THING but I simply didn't like it. This is by no means saying that it is bad, I'm just saying the story was so out of the limits of normality that it felt like a bunch of loose plot string flying in the air, to be connected anyway the viewer likes.
That's kinda the point. And one the reasons why people like it so much.

Oh, also,

This is by no means saying that it is bad
The title of this thread is "Worst Anime You've Ever Seen?" by posting it one this thread you are inmplying that it's bad.

I despise EVA, but I didn't put it on this, because despite my hatred, I know it's a good anime.

FLSH_BNG

May 27, 2008
I don't know if it Avatar or Naruto... In contrast, my favorites are Code Geass and Ghost in the Shell.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
rottenbutter said:
Jursa said:
Honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen an anime with such a divided line of love/hate than FLCL

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
sanzo said:
rottenbutter said:
Jursa said:
Honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen an anime with such a divided line of love/hate than FLCL
I don't think so. The who keep saying FLCL don't seem to hate it. It seems like they just "don't get it". Which is perfectly understandable.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Vlane said:
mike1921 said:
leontyrone said:
spuddyt said:
I find myself watching both bleach and naruto rather in spite of myself, I mean I know bleach had the first 10 or so episodes actually being genuinally funny, but why am I still watching like a hundred episodes after the funny stopped and the generic shounen started...

Yeah, I found Bleach pretty entertaining until it came to the arcs it's on now, the Bounts or something. I mean there are sometimes just some characters that are so bad (evil bad not the other kind) that you just want them gone. Some, no rather nearly all of them are pretty iritating in the way that even if you seriously injure them, they bounce back.
Speaking of which, any anime with regenerating people (and I mean fastly regenerating, not get them regenerate that missing toe tommorow, and not they fastly regenerate from attacks made out of X or Z, I mean they're either almost or completely invincible) deserves to be mentioned here.
That's funny considering you have an Hellsing avatar.
Hellsing deserves to be mentioned here. Doesn't mean hellsing is shit, just that it has an aspect that is shit.

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Bible Black.

I'll never simply download and watch a series before I look up more info about it ever since I check out this anime.
I'm still recovering from the shock that the female teacher has a penis, and that she's looking for virgins or something (first episode 5 minutes in or something). UGH.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
For some odd reason, I can't stand watching anything that isn't in english.

T-Blade

Jun 12, 2008
Saphatorael said:
Bible Black.

I'll never simply download and watch a series before I look up more info about it ever since I check out this anime.
I'm still recovering from the shock that the female teacher has a penis, and that she's looking for virgins or something (first episode 5 minutes in or something). UGH.
The reason why it's bad is because it's hentai.