Worst DLC.

MAUSZX

May 7, 2009
Proverbial Jon said:
Damn, I came here specifically to say horse armour!

Fable 2's DLC "Knothole Island" was pretty rubbish if truth be told.
Haven't played it but it is still pretty expensive.

MAUSZX

May 7, 2009
I have the Sims 3 for consoles.... and the DLC it's........ shamee! 3 sofas and a Wallpaper a Think for 15 DOLLARS!!! COME ON!!

Andropov4

Jan 12, 2012
The damn sewer missions in Rage. Mostly because they told me I would get DLC and I thought it would be something to make the game seem more complete, but all I got was a few quick mutant mowdowns in some centuries-old fecal matter. Awesome.

Andropov4

Jan 12, 2012
I actually really enjoyed all the Fallout 3 DLC. Although Operation Anchorage did cause some freezing issues when you played it, it was a lot of fun and netted you some awesome weapons and armor.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Kahunaburger said:
Second the paid map packs. Why divide a multiplayer community?
I dunno, but I think people should take a note from Relic's Dawn of War series on this. If you don't own Chaos Rising, you can still play Chaos Rising maps and against the Chaos Space Marines, but you cannot use that faction yourself.

Update everyone's maps, and if they want to play with the toys that come with, make them pay for those. So you can still play against people who bought the map pack, but you don't get any of the fancy weapons or toys that come with unless you chalk up the cash.
DOWII and it's expansions have done it pretty well, but Space Marine hasn't.
I think there's now like 2 or 3 paid multiplayer DLC packs for it. For Space Marine it was an insane thing to have several paid DLC packs for a game which really couldn't afford to have it's players divided in the first place.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
*Cough* Day one DLC *cough*

Really, for me, the biggest problem is stuff that is overpriced and/or really DOES make you feel like you're getting cut content or that they're way overcharging for little stuff. Like Need for Speed (pick one recent one). "Hey, buy some cars! They maybe took a hundred manhours to create each, but we're gonna charge an assload for them!"

Same with $15 map packs for Call of DLC, Modern Sellout (I just made that up. I like it, I'm gonna start calling CoD that more often).

Also, developers that oversaturate their DLC. There should not be $40 "worth" of DLC if you're releasing the sequel for that game the next freaking year. There shouldn't be $40 of DLC for a game period: They should instead just make a new freaking game, or give the DLC out for free or dirt cheap.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Shadow battles in Marvel vs Capcom 3

Once bought, they're just a fight against the NPC who should impersonate some 'famous' RL player.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Any of the armor-packs for Mass Effect 2. Not sure if they were only preorder or available later on. Especially with the inability to hide your knight head-armor or godforbid, your Ironman costume.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Worst.. I don't know. But the most amazing DLCed-Game forever will be Railwork 3: Train Simulator 2012. If you want to get all DLC for this game you have to get ready to spend 1279,58 ? . Wonder if there actually is someone who got them all...

Darkwhite

Nov 15, 2010
Fallout 3, Mothership Zeta, (besides all the cosmetic dlc for various games.) Should have been good, there was nothing especially bad in it, but it was appalling for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I've already replied this in another thread, but here we go:

1- "Time saver" DLC, as in, spend real-life money and unlock all the game's content. You bought the game, might as well play it, why pay the game to give you the rewards for playing it in the first place?

2- Overpriced map packs. Some cost as much or more than full-blown digital games, and all you get are a couple of new maps. Thanks, but no thanks.

3- Paying real money to buy in-game money. If you buy this, you're poison to the gaming community.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
All of the Playstation Home stuff. I wish it was more like, yeah, you can buy it, or you can play the "game", get an ingame currency, and use that to buy things. That'd be really good, I think. They would also only work with in-game things, not for the rest of PSN. Give a reason to actually use Playstation Home.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
CoD map packs, they divide the community and boot you out of games for not paying an extra £15 for awful camper oriented maps.

At least BF3 has that dlc filter for its karkand expansion.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Warden's Keep for Dragon Age:Origins.Not only was it a short boring quest but they actually had the nerve to try and sell it to you through an in-game NPC

Robertus2210

Apr 8, 2010
Dragon age: Witch Hunt is the worst dlc I ever saw, the characters where boring and so was the story, the intere dlc contributed nothing to the story of the warden.

it was such a poor cashgrab that I'm guessing even the players who actually liked morrigan where let down by it.