Worst Fan Base Out There

Kerob

Jul 4, 2011
callmegreen said:
Ickorus said:
Pop stars: Justin Bieber fans. (I think everyone can agree with me here, these guys treat him like the second coming of Jesus)

Books: Twilight fans. (Look at this fucking letter [http://www.latinoreview.com/news/taylor-lautner-fan-letter-to-universal-your-wolfman-ripped-off-twilight-9247#idc-cover], LOOK AT IT)

Games: CoD fans. (I refer you to this [http://www.ubercharged.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/1258035395841.jpg] now famous screenshot.)

Developer: Valve fans. (I am a fan of Valve but dear god sometimes I am ashamed of the other people who share that title)

Console: Console fanboys. (All console fanboys suck equally)
That Fucking Letter.................... o_e

NEEERRRRDDDD RRRRAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
This. A thousand times this. Overall, I still think CoD fans are the worst for it. The franchise just keeps cashing in and when infact, all of the games are basically the same game with slight alterations and it always ends up with the fanboys saying things such as "The next one will be 20x better!". Give it a rest. If you think that everytime then you don't appreciate the game.

mikeybuthge

Apr 28, 2010
Green Lantern fanboys, 10 year protest because of a goddam comic, and bruins fans, but only cuz i'm from bc

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
-Dragmire- said:
canadamus_prime said:
Avaholic03 said:
Montreal Canadiens or Vancouver Canucks fans. All you people citing video game fans...I've yet to see a riot over video games (maybe a trampling or two on Black Friday, but nothing like this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAx8WyXS9o&feature=related])
Me thinks you win. Yikes!
I was watching that on the news. My favorite part was the mass looting.

One chick comes out of a broken into fashion store and say, on camera "I've wanted this purse for a while now!"

The whole thing was pretty nuts.
No kidding, whatever happened to sportsmanship for fuck's sake?
I don't really think sportsmanship had much to do with it. I hear there was a group of people who prepare for events like that and use the the peoples emotions and drunkenness against them to cause riots.

Not sure how much of that I believe but I do know that a large collection of drunken people can be incredibly stupid and will do anything if enough people are cheering.

JSF16

Jul 8, 2011
CoD fans for sure, one thing that pisses me off about them is that they get to 10th prestige or whatever and think they are a gun expert and know all there is about firearms.

Halo. It's a shame because I love the game, but it's embarrassing to be affiliated with the droning hordes of eleven year old's who clog it so badly.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Most fanboys are pretty terrible, but football hooligans are probably the worse as they are the most likley to stomp on your face.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
The Team Fortress 2 community.

Specifically the Steam Powered User Forums for the game.

Absolutely unpleaseable. Entitled.

ihazmuffins

Jul 8, 2011
had to make an account just for this.
im sure many will agree, the idra fanbase of SC2 is the worst by far. EVER.

mariodude23

May 16, 2011
I may be a member of both, but the Sonic and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic fanbase are annoying and many of them are sex-crazed furries, so finding regular fan artwork is extremely difficult and disturbing

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
shadyh8er said:
Xartyve2 said:
5. Anime - Isn't the fact that they willingly watch that crap bad enough? Okay, some anime fans are fine but I'm talking about the "KAWAII DESU NANI YAOI BAKA!" type of pocky stuffing, cat ear wearing jerks that clog up the deviantART front page like clockwork.
We actually have a word for those people: weaboos. And yes, it pisses me off to be lumped in with those people when I tell people I like anime.

OT: Chicago Cubs fans are annoying as all hell. Their team has literally gone over 100 years without winning a world series, and they still support them like they're "teh best team evar!" You know your team is pathetic when your announcer is more iconic than the actual team.

EDIT: Oh, and people who defend Duke Nukem Forever. They claim that all of the game's flaws are throwbacks to the old school games. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware we were still living in 1998!
There should be two categories of anime fans. Fans of anime, and fans of animu. What's the difference between anime and animu? Anime is the term for Japanese animation; Animu is that low-quality, generic, fan service filled shlock weeaboos drool over.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
canadamus_prime said:
-Dragmire- said:
canadamus_prime said:
Avaholic03 said:
Montreal Canadiens or Vancouver Canucks fans. All you people citing video game fans...I've yet to see a riot over video games (maybe a trampling or two on Black Friday, but nothing like this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAx8WyXS9o&feature=related])
Me thinks you win. Yikes!
I was watching that on the news. My favorite part was the mass looting.

One chick comes out of a broken into fashion store and say, on camera "I've wanted this purse for a while now!"

The whole thing was pretty nuts.
No kidding, whatever happened to sportsmanship for fuck's sake?
I don't really think sportsmanship had much to do with it. I hear there was a group of people who prepare for events like that and use the the peoples emotions and drunkenness against them to cause riots.

Not sure how much of that I believe but I do know that a large collection of drunken people can be incredibly stupid and will do anything if enough people are cheering.
Yeah now that you mention it, I recall hearing a rumor about a group that was prepared to incite a riot regardless of whether Vancouver won or lost.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
The KKK Fanbase can get pretty unruly if you know what I mean.

And by KKK, I mean the white supremacist group in the robes.

Fans of Kayla's Koffee Kemporium are relatively okay.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
I don't know if you can consider it a fan base but anti-fan's are easily the most annoying.

You know the kind, they skulk around videos they don't like just to post some flame war starting post, usually "Not as good as X", dislike them, negative review bomb them on Meta Critic and basically throw a fit when you mention your a fan of something they hate.

Course the same applies to their opposite the "Hardcore" fans.

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
I'm gonna go ahead and say Family Guy.

Now, I really don't like the show, but it's easy enough to avoid so I just don't watch it. But the sheer amount of quotes that come spouting out of the mouths of the fans (the ones I meet anyway) is enough to make me feel that the show is positively poisonous.

They slowly cycle through dull little scenes which work up to an either obvious or completely arbitary 'punchline', and are constantly surprised that I don't laugh, despite me telling them I don't like the show, find it funny, and their monotonous readings of it are even worse.

And these are people who grew up on classic Simpsons!

Again, like it or not, I'm not bothered by your position on Family Guy. I think it's a shit show, and have reasons, debating is fun and I don't mind if people want to argue on why they like it and I don't, sounds interesting. But to shove it so incessantly down people's earholes is plain cruel, and worse, makes you a bore.

Also, I kid you not, someone I know said it was "the most intelligent show ever."

Fuck me, I nearly died of laughter then.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Sunrider84 said:
The League of Legends community. Guess why I stopped playing.
I actually made a thread here about how bad the LoL community was a few months ago. Seriously, if I didn't play with IRL friends all the time I would have quit a long time ago.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
Dragunai said:
Yeah I'm Gonna hop on the Cod / Twihard band wagon.
C.o.D players cannot accept that every title since MW1 / COD4 has been a reprint of that.
Not saying its an awful game... it is... but I'm not saying that =P

I use the same call sign here that I do on XBL. I sound either British or American depending on how you hear my mixed accent (South african / middle class English) and so on yet when I played a round on MW2 once I had 2 baby gangsta kids from the USA saying "Get the fuck out of here Dragunai, you fucking Chinese bastard," before I even spoke.

I then said "And how did you discern I was Chinese exactly? OH! you looked at my name and assumed, in that case S3RG34nt D34TH SN1PEZ you must be a ranking sergeant and a well renowned Marksman... Oh you're only 12 and a try hard? Mhhmmm I am disappoint"

Also had various CoD players from the USA ragging me for being British by claiming I live in London as I live in England... guy literally said "Do you live in London" in a mocking voice then instantly dropped out the lobby.

I had 2 English chav scumbags try and fail to give me aggro by saying "Don't you think you're too old to be playing video games," to which I responded "I'm over 20 and playing an 18, I'm the target audience you failed abortion,"

Twilight fans aren't as bad. They prefer to live in the denial that Twilight is simply Romeo and Juliet rebooted with failed Vampires and a chick who is uber suicidal for no other reason than to hook in the emo crowd.
On behalf of all normal Americans that play games to have fun and arent asshole douchebags I am sorry.

OT: I'm gonna say its between CoD or Battlefield and Twilight or Justin Bieber.

Battlefield and CoD are locked in massive and close Douche off to see who's got a bigger amount of hate and poison in their fan base.

Twilight and Bieber are trying to see who can turn a large portion of males into homicidal maniacs fastest.

Jorias

Dec 10, 2008
It depends on what context you mean by "Worst". IF you mean that the groups are practicing "questionable" behavior which could be Illegal, then i would say fans of Hockey in Canada, yes Canada read the news: http://birminghamurbannews.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/vancouver-canucks-fans-riot-after-team-loses-nhl-cup-against-boston-bruins/

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
Now, I just have to post this here:
Personaly, I don't play any FPS games, so I can't judge their fanbase. I do play League of Legends, and I honestly think that the fanbase of the DotA-likes is pretty bad. Though I do enjoy LoL, It's just that fun

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Hmmm... let's see...
Halo+ COD fanboys, Football fans, Twilight fans, Nazis and PC gamer elitists.
Yeah, that about does it...