Worst film to watch whilst on a date

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
Irreversible, or anything by Lars von Trier. Take a first date to any of those, and you're guaranteed to get a TRO against you.

Mesca

May 6, 2010
Eraserhead. It wasn't a date, but geeeez. Talk about a bleak film. We followed it with Mulholland Drive, so it was alright. Actually, anything by David Lynch. That guy is like a walking anti-boner.

Luke Cartner

May 6, 2010
A mate of mine in high school took an Indian chick to see romper stomper (he didn't know what it was about)... that has to be the worset date movie I've heard of...

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
The original Last house on the left. Unless you want to watch some guy get his penis bitten off with your girlfriend, I wouldn't reccomend it.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Broady Brio said:
The Expendables.[footnote]Still a good film. Just not on a date.[/footnote]

Do you even need to think why?
I saw Expendables on a date, it was good. Because we got to pay more attention to each other.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
Axolotl said:
This.

I'm surprised someone else on here actually knows of its existence. Oh and to everyone else... don't watch it. Unless you like the idea of fried poo and fat old pedophiles.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Subzerowings said:
Twilight.
Baaaaad way to start of a relationship because you'll be forced to watch the other ones aswell.
This. Along with Salo, A Serbian Film, possibly the Halo movie if your dating a non-gamer girl, and pretty much any smut film in existence.

..Yep.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ok ive now understand im UBER NERD! so the first movie i watched with my girlfriend was end of evagelion. If any of you have ever watched it you know that was a bad choice. On the brighter side since i was confused with her we ended up going out and seeing twilght New Moon though bad i gotta say i knew WTF was going on and that alone made it bearible.

Beatro

Jun 12, 2010
A Clockwork Orange
Deliverance
Boys Don't Cry
The Last House on the Left
pretty much anything with a rape scene in it

JavaJoeCoffee

Sep 2, 2010
Mesca said:
Eraserhead. It wasn't a date, but geeeez. Talk about a bleak film. We followed it with Mulholland Drive, so it was alright. Actually, anything by David Lynch. That guy is like a walking anti-boner.
Good one, especially don't do it after Chinese food.

But really: Cronenberg's Shivers (AKA They Came from Within).

But really REALLY: Tetsuo, the Iron Man.

If the two of you can watch that together you should probably get married.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
I'd say any 3D movies. I don't know, something seems off for a date when you wear 3D glasses. Maybe when you guys are more settled in, but I'm talking like on your first 10 dates, I think a 3D movie might be weird.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
savandicus said:
Jonluw said:
Napoleon Dynamite. Horrible movie. I watched it with my sister. We both just sat there, basically waiting for the punchline, for the entire duration of the film.

If that had been some other girl, I would probably never have seen her again.
I enjoyed that film purely because I knew someone who was almost exactly like him, we spent the entire film laughing at how similar they were.
I suppose if you have the right conditions in, like that, the film might be worth watching. I just sat there without budging an eyebrow; wondering why there were good reviews smeared all over the cover.

I almost laughed when he face-planted on the bike though. And when he tried to feed the llama ham. Other than that; no fun at all.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
tthor said:
tzimize said:
Beat This:

When I was about 14 years or so I rented an anime movie to watch with a girl I had a big crush on. I was not well versed in anime and had only seen a few things like Robotech, Guyver and MD Geist. I found this VHS with a kick ass demon on it and thought that this was to be a sure hit (she is cool, so I didnt need a chick flick).

The title of the movie was Urotsukidōji. For those well versed in such movies you might guess the rest, but for those who arent, here is what transpired:

We sat down to watch, and just about when the demons started appearing in some hospital...the demons also sprouted extremely huge and long dicks and proceeded to rape both the hospital and the girls in it.

I was in complete shock (and she was needless to say wierded out.......) and it was one of the absolutely most embarassing and awkward moments of my life.
so, was there a second date?
Well...not really. As I said, she was not standard-fare girl. She was cool. I was friendzoned though, but that was as much my own pathetic fault as anyone else. I was 14 and didnt know how to be around chicks at all.

But...the awkwardness was of epic proportions, and I will remember it for the rest of my life. I laugh about it today, hell I laughed about it later that same night tbh...but my mind was a BIT preoccupied by what kind of thoughts she must have had about me...to this day I still wonder :p If I ever see her again I will ask her ^^

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Starwars. Nothing says "I'm a nerd" more than that even if you're not. 'Tis the sad,sad truth my friends.

Saving Private Ryan, you'll end up crying at the end hence disproving your manliness. Well in her perspective anyway. That is to assume she has that attitude (pick a new Girlfriend is she does think this way) and if she doesn't, you'll prove that you're a nice sensitive guy that has a taste in war movies.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
La Blue Girl
Legend of the Overfiend (Uristokidaje I think is the proper title)
A ClockWork Orange
Any serious documentary (it just won't get you in the mood)
Star Wars or Star Trek anything (even if she's a geek, no one wants to tell the story of how you guys watched star wars and then screwed. It's not appealing).

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Aylaine said:
All? Films offer nothing to a dating experience in my opinion. You sit there and watch a movie, and unless you do something afterwords, you've learned a lot less from that person then say, dinner or something something where you can talk to them and learn who they are. xD

It's fine if you've established a connection with them first, and in that case...probably a movie like Legion would be the worst. xD
Well some of us aren't that creative and just want an excuse to see them...

OT: I dunno maybe Cloverfield, when you already know she suffers from motion sickness and can't even read a book in the car without projectile vomiting...