Worst game addiction?

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Chances are, you've come across a game that's so awesome and grounbreaking in your eyes, you forgo food and water and forget the outside world. Let's all share, shall we?
My two would probably be Diablo II and World of Warcraft...damn you, Blizzard. Also, I know this doesn't really count as mine, but a friend of mine got so addicted to Diablo he actually got insomnia...like, medical insomnia.

Pari4h

Aug 14, 2008
I'm not addicted to one game, but when I buy a new one, especially if I've been looking forward to playing it, I must finish it. All else comes second until then.

Nilix

Aug 14, 2008
Learning new abilities.

I don't have to use them, I just want to know them.

FFTA2 is a great way to exercise this habit. It'll force you to spend about 3-5 minutes before every match making sure everyone has what they need.

Sub_par

Jul 4, 2008
i would have to say SMT: nocturne, SMT: persona 3 and a short period of counter-strike when i was actually good at it lol.

Drmortuss

Jul 2, 2008
thestdinstud post=9.68445.628946 said:
twacker post=9.68445.628929 said:
Although I've kicked my WoW addiction!
Same!!! :D
I too have kicked my WoW addiction as of the beginning of the summer break.
But I think my next addiction will be Too Human or The Force Unleashed

Loafers

Aug 14, 2008
Patapon and Meteos. Patapon just amazed me to no end, a rhythm game (which I usually hate) mixed with an RTS (which I always love) and incredibly cute but violent creatures. Meteos was just Tetris sped up really fast, and when I closed my eyes I could see the game screen and play it in my head.

Jezuz X

Aug 13, 2008
The original halo! now dont get me wrong halo 2 and 3 were fun, but incomparison they are steaming piles of bullshit siting on top of your ikea recipts.
every now and again i get really pissed off at all those kids on xbox live that forget to take the riddlen so i go pull out YE OLD dusty original xbox put in halo and start kicking some covenant ass

Aginor27

Aug 13, 2008
i guess i was addicted to WoW for one summer, but i barely play it now. considering ending my account.

sirdiealot88

Apr 3, 2008
It would have to be Runescape or Pokemon Yellow. After playing Pokemon for so long, I couldn't sleep because the music kept playing in my head.

Loafers

Aug 14, 2008
Xenosaga? We're talking about game addictions, not movies :p

I prefer Xenogears, the much much better one.

1-800-STFU

Jun 8, 2008
I actually ment to put Gears....

Oops.....

Edit time

Xenosaga 1 was awesome then they fucked it up.

Humanfishboy

Aug 9, 2008
I WAS addicted World of Warcraft.

I still play it, but not nearly so much. I do other stuff with my life too now <=D

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I never had this sort of addiction, and I never will have either. The only kind of addiction I do get however is when I play only a single game for extended periods and not getting off until I've cleared it (singleplayer) more than 5 times.

This happened with:

Devil May Cry 1 and 3
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
WoW (I played it for extended periods but it's really been slow lately)
Oblivion

Bakery

Jul 15, 2008
Nilix post=9.68445.628948 said:
Learning new abilities.

I don't have to use them, I just want to know them.

FFTA2 is a great way to exercise this habit. It'll force you to spend about 3-5 minutes before every match making sure everyone has what they need.
That is so true I'm exactly the same...