Worst game of 2008-2009

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Have seen a few topics for the best game of the year and couldn't help thinking of some of the worst. Can be for any reason (mechanics, graphics ,AI, storyline, lenght or anything else you can think of. Wont name them all now but will start off with The Sims simply because it isn't a game and simulate every part of a boring life to a ridiculous level.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I hate to say, but this will probably become flame war heaven.
OT: I don't know. I never really though about anything while playing a bad game except 'why am I playing this?'

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Thinking about the last bit of your comment 'why am i playing this' made me think of one game. Will probly get some death threats now but got to name Street Fighter 4.

benylor

May 30, 2009
Eh, I don't know. I tend not to play games that are going to be obvious fail.

The game I least enjoyed? It's sad for me to say this, but I think it's MGS4. I didn't like the direction the story took, I hated the resolution, and I didn't find the gameplay all that rewarding or fun. I'll agree that it's a masterpiece, but it's not my game at all.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Antlovesabi said:
Thinking about the last bit of your comment 'why am i playing this' made me think of one game. Will probly get some death threats now but got to name Street Fighter 4.
I will only agree with you if it's the PC version. It is impossible with a keyboard and i don't want to fork out another 20 quid to get a controller to play it with.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Ranooth said:
Antlovesabi said:
I will only agree with you if it's the PC version. It is impossible with a keyboard and i don't want to fork out another 20 quid to get a controller to play it with.
Dude if you've got a PS3 handy just hook that controller up with a USB

Antlovesabi

Oct 16, 2009
Searching my brain for some more and I can't post anything without mentioning Duke Nuken Forever first. Also Tekken 4 which like Street Fighter 4 is a copy of the previous game with a few new characters.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Antlovesabi said:
Have seen a few topics for the best game of the year and couldn't help thinking of some of the worst. Can be for any reason (mechanics, graphics ,AI, storyline, lenght or anything else you can think of. Wont name them all now but will start off with The Sims simply because it isn't a game and simulate every part of a boring life to a ridiculous level.
Far Cry 2. I've said it once, I'll keep saying it.

nbrown48

May 19, 2008
In terms of wasted potential and overall dissappointment, I,ve got to go with operation flashpoint 2. Haven't been that dissapointed with a game since spore

nbrown48

May 19, 2008
I quite liked risen. I suppose the magic was a bit crap, but the combat with pretty good. Needless to say, I spent quite a few hours on that

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Left 4 Dead. Sorry, but the PC version on single-player was so unbelievably frustrating with the frindly AI, and that was the only mode I could get to bleedin' work.