Worst Game You've Ever Played?

PlatinumRenegade

May 2, 2011
I think a bad game was Rogue Warrior. It was so funny how they got Mickey Rourke to swear in basically every sentence. Also the credits are amazing!

XSA37

Aug 5, 2009
Hack Slash Loot. It looked slightly promising (and I got it on sale), however the gameplay just wasn't there.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Shavon513 said:
I tired playing the first Risen. What crap.
Didja try playing it on Xbox? 'Cause that would be like declaring eggs a work of pure evil after eating one from a forgotten corner of a weeks-abandoned poultry farm.
Jus' saying. Risen is one of my all-time favorites.

My bad game? Eternity's Child. Amateur animation ruined a great-looking concept, and over-hard, clunky gameplay rendered it an utter waste of five bucks.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
Mysterious Druid said:
Off the top of my head, the Family Guy game on the PS2. I'm sure there's worse, but I probably blocked it out.
Oh my god YES ! THAT FUCKING GAME ! I tried to remember a worst game but yes The Fucking Family Guy game...wow this was so bad...

Reven

Feb 7, 2012
Too Human, I don't even have to think about it. I see not a single redeeming factor to it, with the crowning moment being that you have to wait about 32 BLOODY SECONDS to revive despite no loading!!!

(side note: I agree, waaaaay too many mediocre games being claimed as worst ever, with a lot of them seem to be negative reaction towards the hype that the game received.)

(extra side note: Awww :( i actually liked advent rising :( then again i never heard a word about it before it had come out, and even then i hadnt seen any reviews, so i guess i just have really weird tastes lol)

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Skyrim? Seriously? Anyone with that for an answer must own no more than 3 games.

OT:
Action 52, 52 of the worst games I've ever experienced in my life.

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
ThePenguinKnight said:
Skyrim? Seriously? Anyone with that for an answer must own no more than 3 games.

OT:
Action 52, 52 of the worst games I've ever experienced in my life.
Yeah I agree, Skyrim is poor but not THE worst.

throwmeawaykid

May 18, 2012
CoD, Battlefield & any other online-multiplayer dependant repeditive pro-american gun wanks.
There, I said it.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Call of Duty: Black Ops

The very second I started that game up, I could already tell it was an engine mess. It was sloppy, unintelligent, and utterly-boring. And it's supposed to be an action game!

Heck, I had more fun with the Main Menu than the actual game, itself!

Honorable mentions would include Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and Bionicle Heroes. I have yet to touch ET: The Extra Terrestrial, Atari Pac-Man, Big Rigs: Off-the-Road Racing, Superman 64, and Chuck Rock. I hear they're awful.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Let me pull out my list here of popular, well-selling games:

Elder Scrolls, all of them. Wait, Arena and Daggerfall weren't all that popular. Cross those two off. Start at Morrowind where the franchise started to become successful. Oh, excuse me, where they started to "sell out."

Mass Effect, all of them. The third one had a pretty negative reaction from the fanbase, that one almost didn't make the list.

People like the Diablo series, you say? Throw that one on there, too.

World of Warcraft has how many subscribers? Pah, no question. That one is on the list.

I feel so damn hip right now, I can't even begin to explain it.

OT: In all seriousness, the worst game I've played is probably Everquest 2. I had a burning love for the original EQ, then the sequel comes out, and it left such a bad taste in my mouth... Awful design, horrid combat (only worsened by the terribly designed "heroic opportunities"), and just all round lazy, I thought. The player/guild housing was the silver lining, I'll give it that.

karcentric

Dec 28, 2011
Soopy said:
karcentric said:
Test Drive: Unlimited 2.

After playing Forza 4 and NFS: Hot Pursuit boy did I regret that one...
If TD:U2 was anything like the first one, yeah... It's like a driving game from a decade ago in the way it handles and the game play options.

I wasn't particularly taken by Forza 4 either. Loved Forza 3, I waited for F4 to come down it price though. They did a COD job on it. Forza 3 + DLC and a graphics spit shine.
TD:U2 makes the first look good. The whole online scene is really shit too. No one has a sense of humor. Yes I rammed my Range Rover through a crowd of other players, but it was funny.

I nabbed my friends copy of Forza 4 but got sucked in to the session pass... Though the driving is a little better, personally speaking after playing the hell out of F3 and comparing it to F4.

Top tip for F4... Take a Saleen S7 and dump the Raptor engine in it... speed!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Almost every fiber of my being wants me to say Gears of War 3.
That game had the kind of awful you can only get from knuckling down and trying to make a bad game.

But nothing has left more broken of devastated than Mass Effect 3.
Because Gears 3 was bad, and I was expecting it to be bad, but it turned out worse, but at the very least I liked having my preconceptions turn out to be understatements.

But watching ME 3 sputter and die only to get reanimated long enough to rape and murder the first two games. Then to have the end irrevocably destroy any hope you could have deluded your self into holding on to for the future of gaming.

ME 3 wasn't just a bad game, and it didn't even just ruin a formerly amazing series, it ruined the future of western RPGs. Because anyone who may have wanted to make a game with an epic player driven branching narrative has a very clear example of why it will never fucking work. and it's all EA and Bioware's fault.

I guess it's up to Bethesda to pull RPG's out of this black hole they're heading towards.

[sub]Elder Scrolls: Online. [/sub]
Mother fuckers.

TheLizardKing

May 4, 2012
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously look it up, it's the biggest piece of shit i have ever played.
Good idea but executed VERY POORLY.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
I probably don't remember the worst game I ever played. It might have been a pirated game from the '80s or a free game of the disc of a computer magazine. Possibly a flash based browser game.

I remember that the Amiga version of "Universal Military Simulator II" was incredibly bad:
http://amr.abime.net/review_156

The screenshots on the box looked awesome at the time, but the game mechanics were awful. The rendering was so slow that it literally took minutes to scroll the map, and combat resolution could last for hours.

I probably remember it because I wanted it to be awesome. In most cases when I played a really bad game I gave up on it after a few minutes, and quickly forgot about it.

Among modern games I consider DA2 one of the worst. That is not a troll attempt, I really need several pages to explain everything that went wrong with that game. Thats another cases of a bad game I played a lot because I hoped that it would be good or have some good parts in it. It only adds insult to injury that it got so many perfect scores among reviewers.

Edit: Oh and Skyrim. Skyrim is awful and good at the same time. As a game it is 100% awful, as an environmental hiking sim it's good. As an interior decoration sim it's ok. Thats often the case with games that are too big, and try to do too many things.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Ive played games that did not work and they were bad in that way

But id say the worst game I ever played was dungeon something on the pc
It just used a few horrible horrible ideas, gave no indication of wtf you were supposed to be doing and was just stupid....

I think it's thing was that you leveled down by dying which was nearly unavoidable
Magic mechanics sucked

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
Bostur said:
I probably don't remember the worst game I ever played. It might have been a pirated game from the '80s or a free game of the disc of a computer magazine. Possibly a flash based browser game.

I remember that the Amiga version of "Universal Military Simulator II" was incredibly bad:
http://amr.abime.net/review_156

The screenshots on the box looked awesome at the time, but the game mechanics were awful. The rendering was so slow that it literally took minutes to scroll the map, and combat resolution could last for hours.

I probably remember it because I wanted it to be awesome. In most cases when I played a really bad game I gave up on it after a few minutes, and quickly forgot about it.

Among modern games I consider DA2 one of the worst. That is not a troll attempt, I really need several pages to explain everything that went wrong with that game. Thats another cases of a bad game I played a lot because I hoped that it would be good or have some good parts in it. It only adds insult to injury that it got so many perfect scores among reviewers.

Edit: Oh and Skyrim. Skyrim is awful and good at the same time. As a game it is 100% awful, as an environmental hiking sim it's good. As an interior decoration sim it's ok. Thats often the case with games that are too big, and try to do too many things.
Completely agree, as a game there is nothing particularly good about Skyrim.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Instant K4rma said:
Let me pull out my list here of popular, well-selling games:

Elder Scrolls, all of them. Wait, Arena and Daggerfall weren't all that popular. Cross those two off. Start at Morrowind where the franchise started to become successful. Oh, excuse me, where they started to "sell out."

Mass Effect, all of them. The third one had a pretty negative reaction from the fanbase, that one almost didn't make the list.

People like the Diablo series, you say? Throw that one on there, too.

World of Warcraft has how many subscribers? Pah, no question. That one is on the list.

I feel so damn hip right now, I can't even begin to explain it.
I'm getting married soon, but I think I just fell in love with you...

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
I've played many awful games in my time but I did play the explicitly because they are awful.
With that said the one game that's absolutely horrid in it's own right as well as bringing shame and humiliation to a series that I love: FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction. Everything about it is broken, it got horrible reviews everywhere and shows that with enough dedication, even a racing game can be utterly fucked up to the point of unplayability (which is now a word apparently).