Worst Gamer You have Come Across?

Hunter Hyena

Dec 23, 2011
Well this can be a couple different types, it can be the jerk who is just in general being a, and pardon my french, asshole for no reason, or just the worst player you have come across, or various others. Who is the worst gamer you've come across and why?

Mine was when I downloaded the Halo: Combat Evolved demo for my pc a few years back. There were two random guys who basically kept saying how they were better than me at the game (at the time I was decent and was at the top of my team on CTF). So I basically called them out to have a 2v1 fight. One was in a Warthog with a shotgun, the other had an assault rifle (forgot the name), I had a pistol.

I killed both of them in about a minute. They still claimed to be better than me. I still won the game, topped both of them, killed them both, ect. They were in serious denial.

On and one other person I came across yesterday was on Red Dead redemption while playing poker on the multiplayer. I was in a party so I hadn't said a word to the guy, but for some reason, he starts cussing me out for nothing. Every. Single. Hand. He was winning too so he really had no reason to.

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
Everyone I ignore in online play. Is it bad that I only use my mic in a party, because I assume that almost no one out there in the XBLA community has anything good to say?

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
It's weird that you say Poker.

I was playing Poker on XBLA a while back and came up in a tournament against this guy named something like "PenisRipper". He was a nice enough dude, but pretty soon the conversation turned to how many times he'd been banned from XBox Live. You see, apparently the last few times around, he'd chosen names like "DickDestroyer" and "CockMangler" and the cous de grace, "BabyPenisKiller" (or something to that effect).

When I pointed out that perhaps a series of names invoking maimed genitalia was not a wise path to pursue -- particularly when involving an infant -- he began to laugh hysterically. As though I had made a funny joke.

I don't play poker on Xbox anymore.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
The kids who clearly are not the age they are supposed to be when playing games like CoD and Halo, then get all upset when you cuss right back at them. A buddy of mine encountered just that, some 10 year old was being a twat and he cussed him out. Then the kids mom got on and was saying "he's only 10 why are you being so mean" and blah blah blah, to which he explained why the twat shouldn't be playing a game that's meant for people of the age of 18 or above

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Let's see... A lot of players from MOBA games are pretty bad. (Not all of them)

I never understood why a lot of team based game have players who refuse to act like a team. It ruins pretty much everything. Oh, and runners in the Assassins Creed multiplayer. (Your goal is not to run the entire map just to have 100 points...).

attackshark

Nov 16, 2010
MOBA players are some of the scummiest scumbags that ever scummed the scummies.

fuck those guys.

Stravant

May 14, 2011
Pretty much any time I'm playing Battlefield : Bad Company 2 Rush mode on the map Isla Inocentes (If you've played this map you'll probably know what I'm talking about) as the Attacking team, and I get the kind of team where as soon as you start to lose, they all switch over to wookies and just sit in the back not helping at all. (And then of course we lose because we have nobody to rush the bases)

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
Aside from myself in any strategy, fighting, or FPS multiplayer game?

Any time I've run across a prepubescent gamer, really. Shrill, vulgar, arrogant, what's not to love? To make matters worse, they're generally not very good at the game, to boot.

bullman422

Feb 22, 2011
So far I have only had two real mega-asshole gamers that I have ever run into.

The first one I ever remember was way back into the mid-nineties. His name as best I remember was wolfman81j. I think the guys was trying to be nice however his actions were less than so. He has a habit of often instant messaging me on AOL giving away major spoilers left and right like in Final Fantasy 7 (Arieth's fate) and in Suikoden's 2. He also did not seem to like if you ever disagreed with him and was quick to go more than a bit psycho on you. Needless to say I eventually had to block him.

The second was during White Knights Chronicles 1 - a Gamer called me a stupid N***er just because I wasn't living up to their warped ideal as to how a spear user should have been fighting during a tough battle. Of course I laughed it off and basically told him how he would never have had the guts to say that to my face and as expected from a typical coward he left the room immediately after my confrontation.

niqw

Jul 4, 2011
I play a lot DCUO, and when I get grouped with tanks who don't seem to understand that it's their job to keep enemies off the rest of the team...

Also, in that same token, healers who think they need to be in melee constantly.

bullman422

Feb 22, 2011

The first one I ever remember was way back into the mid-nineties. His name as best I remember was wolfman81j. I think the guys was trying to be nice however his actions were less than so. He has a habit of often instant messaging me on AOL giving away major spoilers left and right like in Final Fantasy 7 (Arieth's fate) and in Suikoden's 2. He also did not seem to like if you ever disagreed with him and was quick to go more than a bit psycho on you. Needless to say I eventually had to block him.

The second was during White Knights Chronicles 1 - a Gamer called me a stupid N***er just because I wasn't living up to their warped ideal as to how a spear user should have been fighting during a tough battle. Of course I laughed it off and basically told him how he would never have had the guts to say that to my face and as expected from a typical coward he left the room immediately after my confrontation.

bullman422

Feb 22, 2011

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Welp, I used to play WoW and there were some gigantic idiots. Can't remember many specific examples except for one dude who encouraged me to full as fast as possible (I was tanking, he was healing) in a 5-man dungeon. He said he could manage it but actually he just spammed fast heals, ran out of mana and then died.
Also some cock shot me dead on COD earlier so he could try and steal my Sentry Gun drop. Nevermind that he was on me team and the spawn point for our team was right behind him, so I just respawned, killed him, and got the drop anyway.

Sewora

May 5, 2009
Worst gamer... Difficult to say, since I regularly play League Of Legends, on the Eastern Platform... So basically 99% of everyone I meet is the worst gamer I've ever met.

Mar 30, 2010
SnootyEnglishman said:
The kids who clearly are not the age they are supposed to be when playing games like CoD and Halo, then get all upset when you cuss right back at them. A buddy of mine encountered just that, some 10 year old was being a twat and he cussed him out. Then the kids mom got on and was saying "he's only 10 why are you being so mean" and blah blah blah, to which he explained why the twat shouldn't be playing a game that's meant for people of the age of 18 or above
This. So much this. If I'm playing an 18+ rated game I expect to be able to use 18+ rated language. Game ratings are there for a reason, and I shouldn't have to censor my behaviour because someone somewhere decided that an 18+ rated game would be perfect for little Timmy's 10th birthday. In that particular situation the fault, if any, does not lie at my door.