Gears of War Category:
"I got your clearance shit right here...(shit)."
"It's just the wind."
"Well, we're not here to sell cookies... So they know something's up."
"SUCK PAVEMENT!"
"Anya. Berserker. Satellite?"
"I can't die... Momma said I can't die..."
"That smells nasty. What are these guys made of, shit?"
They do not understand. They do not know why we wage this war. Why we will fight, and fight and fight... Until we win... Or we die... And we are not dead yet.

I have to stop now before I start slamming my head into a wall.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
traceur_ said:
I'm gonna cop a lot for this but: "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum"

Seriously that is just so freaking lame.
Not as lame as anything that Master Cheif says that power armor wearing pussy

FlameOfArnor

Apr 8, 2009
someone probably already said it but from Yahtzee's own stock:
"We may need you to play Twing-Twang"
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
ThePocketWeasel said:
The woman in Oblivion who asks;

'Do you know what the fine is for necrophilia? I was just wondering....'
I met her the other day! I thought it was soo weird to put that in a game, i used an online dictionary to see if i was confusing necrophilia and necromancy

Mar 16, 2009
I like Mortal Combat: Shaolin Monks.

Baraka takes a prisoner, throws him in a fire, stabs him twice through the chest, lifts him up in the air, drives a claw through his head, and throws him to the other side of the room.

Kung Lao: [walks over to flaming body] Are you OK?

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
"See? Feel how waaaaarrrrmmmm I am?"

"I'm looking for a girl, just turned seven?"

"When I get out of here, I'm gonna eat your soul."

"*laughter* *more laughter*" *Me standing there going WHAT THE FUCK FF X?*

sokka14

Mar 4, 2009
not that it is dialogue, but the phone calls you get from sylvia in no more heroes are about the weirdest fucked up stuff i've ever heard. bad, yes, but cringingly funny. "trust your force, and walk into the garden of madness" is a small example.

games have a rich history of appalling dialogue, brought on by the fact that the people who write the dialogues are nondescript 30 year olds who have had no access to dialogue or story outside heavy-handed films or tv series. and maybe graphic novels if they're the intellectual type.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
traceur_ said:
I'm gonna cop a lot for this but: "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum"

Seriously that is just so freaking lame.
It's ironically lame. It's awesome BECAUSE it's so cliché.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
ThePocketWeasel said:
The woman in Oblivion who asks;

'Do you know what the fine is for necrophilia? I was just wondering....'
Oh its only a fine of a bout 100 gold.

"oh, Thats a lot less than in morrowind! thanks!" (i think - Something like that)

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
anything said by that 12 year old wizard girl in ninety nine nights i mean seriously.

i cant begin to describe how terible the voice acting and lines are in this game though shes the worst on the game.

you would only know how terrible it is if you have played the game. the beginning of this video is a taster of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46m6ogG8GMo

jamesbong00spliff

Aug 27, 2008
lordofthepickle said:
Little jacob in GTA4, thank god for subtitles
Aha! As a Jamaican, i had no problem (geddit?) understanding what Little Jacob said.

But carrying on, everytime fludd shouted 'MARIO!' in super mario sunshine, i would have a flashback to Ocarina of time, being harassed by fucking Navi, all the bloody time!

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
True Nero said:
i have to agree with the RE5. but if i had to pick ONE line, it would be the final line said by Sheva, for the sole purpose of being the WORST time, place, and person to say it.

"That was for our fallen brothers!"

I wish there was an option of smacking the bejeesus out of that woman...
I think there is. Do not press L1+R1 at the right moment for the QTE and let her ass suck big fat lava juice. Or turn the CPU to rogue for her to respond to hits and start smacking her with the stan rod.
Another contestant: Sir, finishing the fight. Blegh, just blegh...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Top prize goes to this gem from Resident Evil:

Jill Valentine: I have a bad feeling about this.

But there are a few honorable mentions.

Magneto: X-MEN! WELCOME...TO DIE!! (I gave this one an HM because it's bad, but the game was pretty cool so I let it slide.)
The Spy (Team Fortress 2): I have been shown who is the boss! (When the Spy is hit with an enemy Sniper's Jarate weapon in Team Fortress 2, he'll often utter this line. It's just so goddamn stupid.)
The Spy (Team Fortress 2): Did I throw a wrench into your plans?! (One of the Spy's new domination lines, based on dominating an Engineer because said enemy class's melee weapon is a wrench. HA HA HA (sarcasm).)
Numerous Classes (Team Fortress 2): Any line regarding the Heavy and his weight. (OKAY, WE GET IT, THE HEAVY IS FAT. SING A NEW SONG.)