Worst loading screen-tip

Bluntknife

Sep 8, 2008
Crimsoneer said:
I liked the Warhammer Online one...TIP: The average Warhammer Online team member moved house 3.7 times during the development of this game.

Wow, great tip. I shall now go slaughter orks far more expediently!
What about the one that says "Does the enemy own a keep? what are you waiting for go take it back!"

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
Shycte said:
Danny Ocean said:
Generally the ones explaining the controls, because they don't change if you remap them. If it doesn't change, then it isn't specific enough to be helpful anyway. (e.g. Press the shoot button to shoot.)

Or- I hate this one...

[HEADING=2]You were killed by a grenade, watch out for the grenade danger indicator.[/HEADING]
Yeah I know. I think that they are just trying to mock you...
Sounds like something they would do.

Mine is probably "Be sure to use airstrikes" in Mercs 2.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Didn't Metal Gear Solid 4 have a smoking warning as Snake was smoking in the background?

Oh and Simpson's hit and run (yes I played this "game") said that 90% of games first level is a training mission/level (or something along those lines) and lo and behold a training level!

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
Kalezian said:
the shotgun is deadly in close range, but loses accuracy the farther away your target is- i dont remember the game so if anyone does could you remind me?
that would be tf2

mine would have to be
"In Warhammer if at first you dont succecd, excessive force is probably the answer

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
It's not exactly a tip, but:
[when the game freezes] Loading

That's just an insult. (sorry that I can't think of better.)

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
The ones that say after you've been killed.

LOOK AT YOUR HEALTH BAR, etc... RED MEANS YOUR DYING

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
Kalezian said:
the shotgun is deadly in close range, but loses accuracy the farther away your target is- i dont remember the game so if anyone does could you remind me?
Left 4 Dead has one to that effect.

"Bring your friends to Azeroth, but go outside Azeroth with them as well" Subtle marketing.

I'm drawing a blank here, but one of the Valve games had a loading screen tip that was factually incorrect. Think it was TF2.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard had some funny loading tips. One I remember went something to the effect of...

"If you aren't succeeding with diplomacy in Eat Lead, it's because this game doesn't have a diplomacy option."

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
The ones in Guitar Hero III. It's like they don't know anything about rock music.
"If you can hear the police complaining, you aren't playing loud enough."
"Turn that amp up. My ears are barely even bleeding!"
"You seem to be having a problem with your bass amp. I can hear it!"
"I used to freak out when my amp caught on fire. Now I kinda dig the tone."
"If the police aren't complaining, you aren't playing loud enough."
"I'm the drummer. I don't get paid to understand any of this!"

Because of course, rock music is all about the guitar, whereas the drummer is just a beat-keeping moron and the bassist is a filler, not meant to actually be heard. Also, rock is all about being as loud as possible. /sarcasm

NoDamnNames

Feb 25, 2009
Dinosaurs eat meat ~ Turok

Thanks fucking Eisenstein, I thought Velociraptors drank earl gray tea and ate tofu.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Kalezian said:
Godfather!!!

leugim789

May 29, 2008
im partial to the wii one,

"give yourself enough room to play far from objects and people"

god damn you, cole.
and here i was thinking that the point was to flail my arms with sheer retarded determination until something is broken or bleeding, shit guess i should step out of this closet too then.

F*** you wii, and your wiimote condom.

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
NoDamnNames said:
Dinosaurs eat meat ~ Turok

Thanks fucking Eisenstein, I thought Velociraptors drank earl gray tea and ate tofu.
Haha, I cracked up at this one. Nice.

mALX

Feb 11, 2009
Shycte said:
You all know them. It is typical for a game to have some kind of tip or fact whenever it loads (see Oblivion, Fable etc. etc.)

Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are okay and sometimes thay suck. What do you think is the worst loading screen tip.

I say Condemned has it. "Use block to your advantage". NO SHIT! Here I was thinking that it was wise to NOT use block. *facepalm*
Lol !! Great topic !! I'll have to start reading those tips now so I can come up with one, but I doubt it would beat yours!

Ororon19

Mar 17, 2009
Kalezian said:
that would be Serious Sam, the first encounter at least
and i still prefered WoW with, the whole bring your friends to azeroth but dont forget to visit them in real life.....please we brought them to WoW and thats where they will stay