Worst Marvel films?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
So Marvel has pooped out some truly good films, but also some extremely crap ones. What are the worst ones you think of?

Admittedly, I loved Spiderman 3. Hated Iron Man 2, though.

I liked the first Ghost Rider. 2nd was just flat out 'WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPENING!?' Though I really enjoyed the ending chase.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
For me, I'd say the Hulk movies. Interesting concept, but they ultimately bored me. I'm hoping the Avengers will change that.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Ghost Rider hands down. I would have a easier time listing what was right about the movie rather than what was wrong.

Things they did right:
Ghost rider looks correct (even that was cheesy looking CG)

Things they did wrong:
EVERYTHING ELSE

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010

Rubber ears? Seriously? Granted, most of the pre-X-men movies were awful, but that one was worth mentioning as especially bad.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Can I mention the Dare Devil/Electra movies?

Or, have we all just come to the consensus that we simply convinced ourselves that they don't exist?

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
madwarper said:

Or, have we all just come to the consensus that we simply convinced ourselves that they don't exist?
What Daredevil movie? Sounds made up

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Of the one's I've seen, that award would go to either X-Men 3 or Wolverine. However, we can't disregard a certain older movie. One that most people aren't even aware is Marvel:

*shudders*

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Spiderman 3 I'll admit was pretty disappointing. Especially considering how good the first two were in my opinion.

madwarper said:

I actually remember enjoying Daredevil. I can agree that Electra wasn't all that great though in my opinion.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I really didn't like either Hulk film. I wasn't a big fan of Thor, either. Both Fantastic Four films were crappy, as was Ghost Rider.

Those are the worst I can think of off-hand. And yes, I saw Daredevil (mediocre) and Elektra (I enjoyed it).

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Punisher. 2004 Punisher was boring. 2008 Punisher was too violent for its own good. 1989 Punisher felt more correct than later ones.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Well, out of the ones I've seen.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance definitely takes that cake. I actually enjoyed the first one, stupid and silly as it was. Spirit of Vengeance was just bad. Nick Cage was enjoyably hammy as ever though, and he appeared to always be on the verge of just erupting into a pure ball of crazy.

I didn't mind the 2003 Hulk movie either truthfully, I saw it a few times and I think it's OK. The 2008 one is a lot better though.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
So Marvel has pooped out some truly good films, but also some extremely crap ones. What are the worst ones you think of?

Admittedly, I loved Spiderman 3. Hated Iron Man 2, though.

I liked the first Ghost Rider. 2nd was just flat out 'WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPENING!?' Though I really enjoyed the ending chase.
Just a nitpick, but the
Aris Khandr said:

Rubber ears? Seriously? Granted, most of the pre-X-men movies were awful, but that one was worth mentioning as especially bad.
Oh come on, you can't hate a movie that has this!

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
X-men 3 and Spiderman 3 both had parts that really rubbed me the wrong way, but they both had their moments. I don't share the hate for Daredevil or Elektra, and I haven't seen the Hulks or Ghost Riders. Iron Man 2 was excessively bland but not quite bad. The only ones that I really didn't like through and through are Fantastic Four and X-men: Wolverine.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
OP: You're not alone, I actually liked Spiderman 3 as well. Yeah, the emo hair looked kinda dumb, but honestly, how they made and presented the symbiote/black suit/venom more than made up for a lot of the movie.

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
So far, it seems Marvel has a 50/50 success rate with their movies IMO.
The Good ;
Iron Man 1&2
Captain America
Thor
The second Incredible Hulk
Spider Man 1&2
Xmen and Xmen First Class

The Average;
Xmen 2 or X-2 is you're feeling douchey
The first Fantastic Four
The Punisher
Blade
Wolverine

Then the pretty terrible;
The second Fantastic Four
Xmen 3
Blade 2&3
The first Hulk movie
The two Ghost Rider Movies
Elektra
Dare Devil
Spider Man 3

Thats my list and opinion on what Marvel has put out into the world, hopefully the Avengers will be the best Superhero Movie ever made to make me forget Ghost Rider and Elektra.

Edit: not sure if you would count Kick Ass as a Marvel movie, its based on the comic from Icon, which is owned by Marvel.

KyleXYZ

Sep 18, 2011
I liked the transitions in the first Hulk movie, and enjoyed it for what it was. Seeing Banner hunger like a beast made a lot of sense, although seeing the green behemoth eat a cow was sadly absent.

Spiderman 3, Iron Man 2, and X-Men 3 felt shameless and fell flat in my opinion. That was NOT Juggernaut...

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
inb4 someone points out that Marvel Studios movies and all movies made about Marvel properties are seperate things. The only movies Marvel Studios have made independently are Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger. Marvel Studios is responsible for all the good Marvel movies, whereas other studios who owned the licenses to Marvel characters made the shitty ones.