Worst pain you've ever been in?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Ok, so recently I got into a bit of a fight. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I took down two rather burly blokes by my lonesome which I was quite proud of. Anyway, in the process I dislocated my shoulder. Apparenty, the only way to properly put it back into the socket is to force it in. So I was given some painkillers (Which did bugger all) and sat through nearly 20 minutes of pain while a nurse tried to put it back in.

So, whats the worst pain you've ever been in?

Epic_Rocker

Mar 15, 2009
Hmm... I'd have to say when I broke my arm a couple years back, then when I landed sacked myself. xP Fell off of something...

iron codpiece

Mar 17, 2009
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.78621?page=1

I got hurt by the search button too. It's okay to be afraid.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
The first thing that comes to mind is a nasty stomach illness I got which involved dry heaving. Not only is it painful it feels really unnatural since your digestive system is flowing backwards and there's nothing there that can come out, neither of which should be occuring.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I slammed my knee against the edge of a doorway once. PAIN.

Once in kindergarten, or so says my mom, I slammed my foot against a wooden step so hard I broke the bones. I don't remember it at all.

voirdire

Mar 29, 2009
I played tennis in high school and before the games I would have to take my class ring off. So that morning before a tournament my finger was apparently swollen, but since I was about to hop in the showerso while in the shower I used some shampoo to get it off. The ring cut into my skin and peeled about an inch of it off. The shampoo made it feel worse.

The bandaid didn't stay on through my matches, so my sweaty dirty handle made the wound even worse. Then it got infected. Then I lost my match. Worse pain.....and worst day ever.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
I had meningitis about six years ago (I actually almost died). The sickness didn't hurt, as I felt like I had a really bad flu. I also had stroke-like symptoms and couldn't speak clearly. It was gibberish coming out. I tried to say something like "Can you get my wallet before we go" and it came out "The certificate is in the place by the sky". It was weird. I could hear myself saying these things, but I couldn't make myself say it right.

Anyway, that didn't hurt.

What DID hurt was the spinal tap they gave me when they were trying to diagnose what I had. That hurt REALLY fucking bad.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
iron codpiece said:

That thread was made sometime last year. Plus, I don't particularly care.

vultureX21

Feb 26, 2009
In a recent hockey game I took a full slapshot to the nether region from about a foot away, almost vomited from the feeling. I also got my nose/face broken in rugby and had to have stitches put into my nose, but that was bloodier, not more painful.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Nearly broke my tibia (or was my fibula?) once, that hurt pretty bad, only bruised the bone though.

Thanks calcium! *Gives a thumbs up*

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
My little toe bent sideways and the bone connecting my toe to my big, um, foot bone slightly broke.

The doctors got me high and moved my toe into a good position for it to heal. I can still feel pain every now and then...

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
iron codpiece said:

uh it was made nov 30... and it's most recent update was two weeks ago.

edit: On Topic.

That would be when a man stabbed me through my arm and the knife came out the other side. Still have nerve damage. Or when a cow farted near my head.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
ace_of_something said:
Sparrow Tag said:
iron codpiece said:

uh it was made dec 31... and it's most recent update was two weeks ago.
Sparrow Tag said:
I don't particularly care.
In all seriousness though, there are no rules against it being this far apart. This is a forum, not a court of law.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
When I was a child I stepped on a plank of wood with a nail in it, went straight through my shoe and into my foot.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Twice I have had concussions. Might not have been the worst pain ever, but a very unpleasant experience. I sprained my ankle on a mound of snow in 4th grade, I remember it was tender for maybe a week at most, memory is a bit foggy there.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Hmmm to post or not to post?

Stuff it - I went straight through my radius and halfway through my ulna after falling out of a tree when I was 8 years old...

I seem to remember writing that before now...

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
I was snowboarding, fell and broke my arm. But, I fell in such a way that I had to push myself up with my broken arm. Not fun.

Insomniaku

Jan 31, 2009
a year or so back during the summer I went on a hiking trip up a mountain trail with a youth group... it was a pretty easy climb for the most part so we didn't bring any real gear... when the path did get rough though it was probably the most scared I've ever been... imagine being on an incredibly slippery shale slope and if you fall there was nothing to stop you and you'd fall like 20 feet onto pure mountain rock. Well I fell, started doing cartwheels down the hill fell of the edge and then those 20 feet down... who on earth knows how I didn't break anything but I was in such incredible pain I was sure that I would've caused an avalanche with my screams if I hadn't blacked out

Next Chewbacca

Mar 30, 2009
Undergoing surgery to have part of my intestine removed and then having to be bedridden the next few weeks after waiting for my stomach to heal.
You have no idea how often you use your abs when you do anything.
It actually hurt to laugh.