Worst parts of the best games

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Jet Set Radio Future: Camera gets a little spastic at times
Metal Gear Solid: Cutscenes drag on forever
KOTOR: I sometimes get a glitch where my character's head disappears.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
I am Omega said:
-In any old-school RPG, the first few hours where you have no magic, perhaps only two party members, and the only strategy is mashing the A button to get off enough attacks to kill the enemy.
The reason I didn't like FF XIII. Unlike most old school RPGs, nothing made me want to play on.

The last stage of No More Heroes 2. All good until the cheapass boss and stupid ending. "Let's go home, Sylvia." What the fuck is that!?

The ending to Borderlands.

The times you get chased by a helicopter in Saints Row 2.

Sexbad

Mar 31, 2010
Metro 2033's amoeba section. Fucking ass dumplings mammoth breasts oh my god what torture.

Also, Assault on Dark Athena's spider turrets.

I love Half-Life for its gunfights, but I can't stand any of the monster encounters.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
"The Core" Mission in Crysis. It looks so pretty and the combat in zero G was fun...but the level design was horrible. I spent more time trying to find where I was supposed to go than I did actually fighting aliens.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Call of Pripyat's version of Pripyat. There was this fairly long mission to find a proper suit to enter the underground tunnel leading to Pripyat, and then you had to find a bunch of guys (and their suits as well, if they didn't have one) to take with you. After fighting through a kinda-hard-but-not-really section you finally get to the town, which is nearly abandoned. Seriously, there's a cluster of zombies around one building, some Monolith are encountered in another, and a couple of dogs here and there. And that's it. You can complete the missions and finish the game, but then there's even less people there. No people to trade with, no side-quests to complete, nothing.

Such a let-down. At least the ending and its music helped make up for it.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Wind/Monkey temple...shrine...dungeon...whatever.

It's like the first dungeon in the game and I always get stuck wandering around trying to figure out what to do next.
It's not like this is my first rodeo, I know how these games work. Be that as it may I always get stuck there.

Warcraft III
Upkeep
Once your army gets to a certain size you have to pay a percentage of the Gold you gather for each bundle collected. Why place this artificial handicap on the game? It doesn't make any sense and I hate it.

Metal Gear Solid / MGS:Snake Eater
Sniper Fights
Nothing puts a wrench in the steady pace of a military adventure like standing perfectly still for minutes on end waiting for your enemy to peek out of their hidey hole long enough to pop a round or two into them and then doing it all over again.

These days I just blow up Sniper Wolf with the RC missiles and The End just gets CQC'ed to death. Not the "right" way to play but it works.

Fable II
The Final "Boss"

Don't do that. Don't build up the fact that this evil prick is obtaining godlike powers only to have the final confrontation end in either a one hit kill or even worse have an NPC bump him off when I take too long to act.

I like this game, I really do. But God help me I hate the ending so much.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Cortana in Halo 3. And I thought the library was bad. In order to beat that level on the harder difficulties I had to go into co-op by myself and use the 2nd character as a mobile respawn point. Okay I did that for every level on legendary but here it was necesary.

Dmatix

Feb 3, 2009
The whole labyrinth part in Vampire:Bloodlines. It was just pointless, and quite hard if you didn't have a combat oriented character.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Vesuvius Hetlan said:
The final boss fight in Okami. Wonderful game, beautiful graphics but very, very, VERY annoying last boss fight.
I'd like to ad my two cents regarding Okami's platforming sections, especially the ones where you have to race against the demon scroll. Christ, did those suck.

Still an amazing game though.

LetoTheTyrant

Apr 19, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Spawny0908 said:
Mass Effect 2: Planet Scanning (Boring but necessary)
THIS.

I didn't replay the game more than twice because of that IDIOTIC scanning all the fucking time.

Like Yahtzee said, I want gold to sprout from the mouths of the people I shoot.
Yeah, did it for the first play through, but after that...damn.

What I did was get notebook plus or whatever it's called, then you can fiddle around with some of the game values. What I did was damned easy, just changed the values of the free bonus resources and credits you get given for importing a character from ME1. I made them large enough such that I don't have to do any resource mining at all and I get every upgrade no problem. Really streamlines the game a lot and makes it more fun (still some 45-50 hours of gameplay mind).

Talon_Skywarp

Aug 2, 2010
I am the only one who became addicted to biltzball?

Mine- The game play sections of Nier. I fell in love with the story in this game. Just had to cope with playing it.
The fade in Dragon Origins- Made me quit the game for a week.