Worst possible moment to laugh...and you of course laugh.

SCAFC Chimp

Jan 6, 2010
James Hueick said:
SCAFC Chimp said:
James Hueick said:
When I had a gun to my face in a 7/11 robbery.
Dude. Full story?
OT: When girl mates talk about their problems, I tend to laugh. Quite a lot.
Well backstory: My friend and I agreed that if we knew we might die we had to go laughing.

The story: Ya so after school my friend and I went to get some slurpees at 7/11 anyway we got kinda sidetracked looking at shit and this dude walks in holding a gun. At this point we were at the cash register. Anyway so he goes to the cashier and tells him to give him all the money which he did. But then he orders that he gives him his wedding ring. He doesn't grabs me hostage and I started laughing cause of our agreement. Long story short he gave himself up and went to jail for 5 years.
He probably gave up because some nutter was laughing in the middle of his hold up.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
I used to be friends with a neighbour until about two years ago...

She had this parrot, over a decade old. It was in front of the window and basically did nothing but look outside all day long. Her upstairs neighbour had ordered window washers, so suddenly this parrot sees a ladder and a human face right in front of him where he'd never seen anything before -- the beast got a heart attack, and dropped dead.

My neighbour was telling me this, but I burst out laughing rather than give her some sympathy... the scene as I imagined it was hilarious. "Squawk! Urgh...".

We haven't spoken since.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Not me, but when my Big Band was at a competition, one of the other bands was playing and I was playing Worms on my phone with one of the Alto saxophonists. The turn beforehand my guy had fallen through this almost invisible crack in the ground, and on that turn I backflipped and just missed it. It was halfway through a song, and he yelled out "DAAAAMN, WHAT WAS CLOSE!" in this massive room full of people. Turns out he hadn't noticed they were playing XD

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
That Simpson's episode where they move Springfield to a different location because it's so filthy, and at the end that Native American guy watches the town go with a tear going down his face.

Then his friend tells him not to look around, and he does, and there's an ocean of filth and rubbish, and he goes "Nooooooooooooooo" and his friend says "I told you not to turn around."

I laughed my ass off at that, and felt like crap afterward.

Pretty tame compared to most of the entries, but I still felt awful. Poor Native Americans.

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
I laugh when I get hurt... A little weird I know, but I don't really cry from pain, I just laugh....

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Fetzenfisch said:
On my grand-grandmas funeral i made eye-contact with my cousin and me and her hardly could surpress our laughter.
Yeah funerals are really bad. I was at my neighbors funeral, and to stop myself from crying I was thinking about this TV show, and all of a sudden it was more about stopping myself from laughing then crying.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
someonehairy-ish said:
I laugh at almost all scary movies. In paticular, the scene from Saw where the fat guy gets pulled apart by rope type things makes me laugh. Also, in the Abyss me and my mates just sat there laughing at the wierd gremlin things. Same thing with the mutants in hills have eyes.
Maybe we're just fucked up.

Also, one time this girl was talking to me and pulled a really shocked expression which made me laugh. It turned out she had been talking about when her mum had died. I felt bad about that :S.
The Saw thing is understandable. I was watching Saw 6 the other day was laughing my ass off for ages because it was so bad.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
My father died when I was 4 years old.

Every year, you go to his grave to mourn his passing. Guess what happened when we went last year?

Anthropaphagi

May 6, 2010
An acquaintance was relating a story about how her uncle, an electrician got electrocuted by her father accidentally. Apparently, he'd shouted to him NOT to turn on the 'juice' and the brother misheard him and did.

I nearly pissed myself laughing, turned out her uncle died. Ooopsie.

And one of my high school teachers was relating the story of how she got third degree burns, and I again I laughed my ass off.

I tend to laugh at inappropriate times/things a lot, I could mention several more incidents, but I refrain.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
crazyfoxdemon said:
I laugh when I get hurt... A little weird I know, but I don't really cry from pain, I just laugh....
I do the same. It's pretty normal actually, you're basically a bit in shock if you seriously hurt yourself and laughter (hysteria) is one of the methods humans use to cope.

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
My teacher's dog(who we all knew) got killed by a car,and the next day in class she started explaining in tears with detail how it happened.Something about the way she said it,maybe she said BAM ,because a bunch of us had to cover our faces with books.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Remember 9/11? Well, I had just woken up & was channel surfing when I saw the plane hit the building & you know how some people always laugh at collisions?

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
I was on the phone with a customer who told me she had a big problem with her computer. Next to me a collegue of mine was doing a weird dance and so I couldn't stop myself from laughing. She didn't seem to react upset so I thought she knew it wasn't regarding her.
A few hours later she called again, she told me that the first time she called she spoke to a person who didn't seem to take her problem seriously. When she told me that I knew she didn't recognize my voice and just said: "Well, I'm going to look in on that. That is not how he should have responded. Maybe we'll even can get him fired for those antics."

GuideBot

Feb 25, 2010
Ah jeebus I gotta post this one.

So, it's a family meal, only we have some guests over. They are from Canada. All told there are maybe ten of us around the table. Our Canadian guests are very nice people and all is good and well until my mother asks the nice Canadian man, "So, what's the best thing about your job?". At this exact moment I pick up my glass and take a large drink of water. And the Canadian man says, "Well, the best thing ABOOT..."

And in this instant, all those episodes of South Park, where they mercilessly rip the piss out of the canadians (the film, terrence and phillip, mr. abootman, etc.) flood into my mind. And I have a glass of water to my mouth, mid-drink.

Jeebus. That was awkward. I think I managed to pass the resulting explosion of water and choking laughter off as some kind of rare asthmatic response, maybe.

James Hueick

Feb 8, 2010
SCAFC Chimp said:
James Hueick said:
SCAFC Chimp said:
James Hueick said:
When I had a gun to my face in a 7/11 robbery.
Dude. Full story?
OT: When girl mates talk about their problems, I tend to laugh. Quite a lot.
Well backstory: My friend and I agreed that if we knew we might die we had to go laughing.

The story: Ya so after school my friend and I went to get some slurpees at 7/11 anyway we got kinda sidetracked looking at shit and this dude walks in holding a gun. At this point we were at the cash register. Anyway so he goes to the cashier and tells him to give him all the money which he did. But then he orders that he gives him his wedding ring. He doesn't grabs me hostage and I started laughing cause of our agreement. Long story short he gave himself up and went to jail for 5 years.
He probably gave up because some nutter was laughing in the middle of his hold up.
If he did wouldn't that be great!

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
NeedAUserName said:
Fetzenfisch said:
On my grand-grandmas funeral i made eye-contact with my cousin and me and her hardly could surpress our laughter.
Yeah funerals are really bad. I was at my neighbors funeral, and to stop myself from crying I was thinking about this TV show, and all of a sudden it was more about stopping myself from laughing then crying.
well thats the downside of that tactic.
In my case some strange faces of the people there and the funny voice of the person speaking totally killed us at that funeral.
There was actually no need to cry. We havent really met her more then a few times and there she was not really what you could call a nice person. But the celebration after the funeral was really nice, when it was allowed to laugh freely again.

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
One day my Geography teacher was screaming her head off and said next person to make a sound got to do bin duty for three hours. She's like 60 with eyebrows we're pretty sure she draws on her face with a pencil and really frizzy hair that was standing on end at the time. That plus the crazy look on her face, we couldn't help it. The entire class cracked up. She just snapped, walked out of the room and wasn't seen for the rest of the day.

By the way Adrian, no offence but the grammar in that first post was terrible.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
The worst I can think of off the top of my head is when I laughed really loud till I was in tears, and still couldn't stop laughing, while at a funeral showing.

I know I've done worse, but I'll come back when I can think of that.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
I was walking to class from my dorm with some friends. We were walking up a hill, and there were a lot of other people walking as well. A girl came down the hill on her bike, and she ended up completely wiping out on the asphalt trying to avoid people. She then started yelling at people to help her. My friends and I couldn't stop laughing all the way to class.

alleghory415

Jul 7, 2010
My boyfriend and I had an argument and he mentioned something along the lines of "You don't consider my feelings!"

I don't know if I was just angry and feeling vindictive, but I started laughing...felt REALLY bad about it afterward.