Worst sequals of all time.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
For me it is these
Film: Indy 4 (Aliens in an indy movie? Stop screwing with us Lucas. And spialberg why did you not stop him?)
Game: Either SW Force unleashed 2 or Devil May Cry 2
Book: Any Artemis Fowl book after the 4th book (althrough they were more disapoining than bad). I was also going to put any Harry Potter book after the 3rd one as I never liked them after that but I now dislike all of them after having actually read books that are actually good and well writen.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Mass Efect 2. Read before you flame, kiddies.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but just too repetitive.

Enemies approaching!
*GETS BEHIND COVER*
Kill every enemy.
Proceed to next area.

Wash, rinse, repeat until you beat the game.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Film: The Thing (okay, it's a 'prequel', but it's STILL trash).

Game: Toss up between Silent Hill 4 and Red Faction: Armageddon. (I'm sure there are more, but these are fresh).

Book: Never really ran into this myself.

CD: Ozzy's Live From Budokan and anything Black Sabbath after/without Dio.

Cartoon: Beast Machines - took all the 'magic' of TF:Beast Wars and took a GIANT poo on it.

Video Game Console: Toss up between the N64/NGC. After the SNES, I just expected better.

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
Film:
Spiderman 3. The first two were decent, but the 3rd was all over the place.
Alien 3 and 4. They felt completely unneccesary.
All of the Saw movies after #1.
Every Paranormal Activity movie.

Game:
Halo Reach
Call of Duty MW2

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Eldest. Eragon was bad for being derivative, but Eldest was bad for having no editing, a horrendous script, and an unlikeable protagonist that felt like an unholy combination of the Navi and ever elitist elf ever made.

The only good part of the book is with Roran and his psychotic guerrilla war.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
Film: Star Wars I-III
Game: Recently? Likely Bioshock 2.
Book: Any Dune novel written by Brian Herbert

Hyrulian Hero

May 20, 2009
Game: Majora's Mask... Ocarina was one of the best Zelda games made (right behind Link to the Past in my opinion and just above the two Oracle games) and Majora's mask was gimmicky crap!

Movie: Freddy vs Jason. Both of those franchises needed to stop long before it got to the point of this movie, but this was really the topping on the shit frosted crap cake that these franchises had collectively become.

Book: The Twilight books. I can say this because I'm sure they got worse as they went on. I refuse to read them because I am straight and my IQ is larger than my shoe size. Vampires don't fucking sparkle! They kill people, fuck each other and get killed by Blade.. No glitter is involved in any of those activites.

TV: Power Rangers. Remember that first season? Corny, yes, but it was badass! But look at what it has been progressing into!

Console: Sega CD/32X. The Genesis was great. But I can't name a single good game exclusive to the 32X or CD. Not. A. Single. One. The 64 was shite compared to the SNES but at least it had Smash Bros, Star Fox and Mario Kart. Sega 32CDX had a crappy port of Doom, a Knuckles game that sucked (and I love Knuckles!) and a whole lot of nothing else worth noting. And people were shocked when SEGA dissappeared...

Peter Storer

May 30, 2011
Movies: Indy 4, X-men 3, Matrix 2.
Books: All Dune books after the first one. All Dexter books after the first one.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Sequels, dammit, proper spelling is appreciated, unless I'm an idiot and it's spelled that way in your country or something. As for the topic at hand, most "part threes" Alien 3, X-Men: The Last Stand, Batman Forever, etc.

Although, I really didn't think Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Spider-Man 3 were really that bad, but whatever internet...

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
I could just say "any Disney sequel" but in particular Mulan 2. I loved the first one. There is just so much wrong with the sequel, I can't even begin to tell it all.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmmm...
"Tremors". I like first part. No, i really do. Sequels aren't even shitty. :|

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Film: Matrix Reloaded - And you damn well know why.
Game: Bioshock 2 - This is the worst sequel that I've played. I have been lucky enough not to play that many terrible games, but this one just got really really boring.
Book: And Another Thing - It wasn't very good. It didn't feel like it belonged. It just felt like someone trying to copy Douglas Adams' style of writing but being less funny.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
F.E.A.R. 2. The first was decent. Not particularly good, but the gunplay was fun in spots and it had a few good moments. The second was an incredibly boring waste of time. Don't play it. Ever.

Also, I might be alone in this, but I didn't particularly like "Beyond Thunderdome" either...

EDIT:
Therumancer said:
With graphic novels it's probably "The Dark Knight Strikes Back" easily. :)
Or this. Actually, quite easily this. God, that book was so crappy...

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Film: Highlander 2: The Quickening
Games: So many, but Master Of Orion 3 stands out to me.
Books: Tons really, but oddly I have trouble of thinking of a paticular stand out. Usually any book/series that gets a sequel had a reason for it. With graphic novels it's probably "The Dark Knight Strikes Back" easily. :)

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
game: fable 3 and force unleashed 2 jak the final frontier . they all sucked all the fun out the the game series
movie: xmen

book: the last harry potter

Fidelacchius

Oct 14, 2011
Hyrulian Hero said:
Book: The Twilight books. I can say this because I'm sure they got worse as they went on. I refuse to read them because I am straight and my IQ is larger than my shoe size. Vampires don't fucking sparkle! They kill people, fuck each other and get killed by Blade.. No glitter is involved in any of those activites.
LMFAO at the Twilight bit! oh poor me I'm a vampire that lives forever, get some whenever I feel like it with amazing strength etc etc.... Why do people have to take something good and make it appealing to 12 year old girls?

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Wuggy said:
Film: Matrix Reloaded - And you damn well know why.
It saddens me to agree with you, the original Matrix was such and epic film :(

Book: Beautiful Darkness... recommended only for those who want to read something even worse than Twilight (yes, such an abomination exists)
TV Show: True Blood Season 4 - they lost me at 'witches'
Game: Force Unleashed 2... oh wait, the first one was terrible too..

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Film: Starship Troopers 2 - the first was silly but fun, the second one is the worst film I've ever seen.

Game: Majora's Mask - If there was one game that could be expunged from gaming history it could be Majora's Mask. It could never follow in ocarina of time's foot steps but it was a bad game even without that added pressure.