Worst song ever.... from before this millenium

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
So ask any random person on the street what the worst song they've ever heard was and they'd say, "Who the hell are you? Get away from me." but in answering the question, chances are they'd point to the latest song in the charts or something from a while back if they don't just say everything in modern music.

So I propose a challenge: What is the candidate for the worst song you have ever heard from before the year 2000?

Whether its really annoying novelty songs (I cast my vote for Aqua's Barbie Girl if only because I can't think of any others right now) or some pretentious trash, I am hoping to hear some..."interesting" entries and hopefully get a few laughs from this.

So come on escapists. Do your worst.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Well, there's a lot to choose from and "Barbie Girl" is indeed a shocker. But there is another...

I give you the eighth best selling single in the UK for 1984. Black Lace with "Agadoo"!

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
I'm liking this thread. Many members here will never know what we 90s kids had to endure.

The "Macarena". Utter. Garbage.
"MMMBop" was quite annoying
"Who Let the Dogs Out".....ABYSMAL

"The Final Countdown". Before my time but just completely excessive and ridiculous.
"I Wanna Know What Love Is". Don't hate it but it's just aged a little badly. LOOOOVED Mariah's cover!

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
Oh, also the Goo Goo Dolls. Everything they did bothered me. Especially that song from the City of Angels soundtrack.

ItouKaiji

May 14, 2013
This is a tough question...let's see there is Eiffel 65-Blue. So freaking repetitive and annoying.

Then there's the Vengaboy Boys Boom, Boom, Boom which looks like a bunch of strippers were paid to make the worst song they could think of. There's the horrible singing, the repetitive lyrics and the song is just plain stupid. And that stupid voice distortion this is ear bleed.

Then there's this...that whinny voice kills me. It sounds just the dude's balls are in a vice and he's bleating the song out through the pain. And the song is whiney and horrible anyway. I'd fuckin' rather be listening to Iron Maiden

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I loved some of those songs when I was younger. (Like, age 10~12) Now I have to admit that most of them were pretty terrible from an objective standpoint. I still like them though...stupid nostalgia glasses that won't come off. >.>;;

Anyway, aside from the ones already named I'd go with Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby".

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
There was this one where the lyrics were nothing but the phrase "I'm getting closer to my home" repeated like 40 times or something. Easy to remember, hard to understand why it exists.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Ice ice baby from vanilla ice . That was the first to come to mind .

Here's a question . Can you like a bad song? Because this next one is terrible , and yet i can't stop singing it .

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Geez, some of you don't have much inspiration for finding bad music. I've barely scratched the 70s and 80s and I've got this collection of awful already!

This abomination is always 1st to my mind when someone asks for the worst song ever, though there are lots of contenders (and for the record, Ice ice Baby by Vanilla ICE and Informer by Snow are both great songs).

Didn't take enough of a sanity hit with that one? Fine, enjoy these...

^--- this song was HUUUUUUUUUUUGE until the video clip came along and everyone saw how ugly the singer was. It crashed right after that.

Alrighty, I think I've done enough damage to your minds tonight.

[Edit] Oh, yeah, absolutely ANYTHING by the B-52s.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Jaythulhu said:
Sir, Rock Me Amadeus is fantastic I shall not hear otherwise! (Goes off humming Falco all day)

As for execrable dog vomit, here's an old gem. The song is terrible enough already and then they go and insult Fleetwood Mac. For shame.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Jaythulhu said:
Sir, Rock Me Amadeus is fantastic I shall not hear otherwise! (Goes off humming Falco all day)

As for execrable dog vomit, here's an old gem. The song is terrible enough already and then they go and insult Fleetwood Mac. For shame.

Hahahahahahaha, yeah, I was thinking of including that one, but I think it would have tipped my post over the line from sanity-hurting to sanity-breaking.

OT: Sadly, no one seems to have video of the song I was looking for, with the lovely title of "Catholic Schoolgirls on LSD", but this one by the same group (one of my all time favourite groups) is still pretty bad. Enjoy!

Forobryt

Dec 14, 2012
I present to you one of the lovecraftian horrors created by british tv....warning not for those of a nervous disposition

Also im so sorry i made you listen to it.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
For me, it's a two-way tie between Achy, Breaky Heart (by Billie Ray Cyrus) and 'My Heart Will Go On' (by Celine Deon). Those two were the absolute worse songs to come out from before the turn of the century/millennium, mostly because of how fucking popular they got.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Jaythulhu said:

This might be just me, but the dancing[footnote]a word I'm using loosely[/footnote] in that video gives me a feeling of "Look, we're dancing, just like they do in a real music video!"
Kind of how some fan fiction writers overdo their attempts at trying to sound like a Real Writer.

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
Any white girl song from the 50's or before that. That high pitched extended drawl that EVERYONE used and copied off each other is so fucking annoying. Most prominent in classic Disney movies, in which they extended the life of that terrible singing for much too long. Imagine living in a world where white people were writing all their music without stealing from black people. Ya, I can't, either.