Worst thing you ever bought

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
I have a really bad habit of buying stupid movies out of bargain bins. I have no idea how much I've spent on them in total, but I shudder to think.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Azruelli said:
My PsP, don't get me wrong, I still play it, and I'm a sonyfriend through and through, but the damn thing randomly shuts off 70% of the time when I start a game, and FYE refused to refund my purchase because I opened it and "It's still functioning." So now I'm stuck with a PsP that takes 10-20 minutes just to get to the actual GAME part of the MOBILE GAME PLATFORM.
Silly question but, tried a software update?

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Curtmiester said:
McDonalds. It seems like a good idea until 20 mins after you've eaten.
i know the feeling... you're hungry, and can't wait twenty minutes in a restaurant for good quality, so you take the dirt road and get a mcdonalds, where everything's done on a human assembly line. not to mention if you hit it off a window, it slides down slowly in a sickening, squishy way.

I had maybe 7 burgers while i was in the states for 2 weeks, the last being a mcdonalds, and every single one satisfied me immensely, while still being mildly sensible for my gut, where as the mcdonalds had twice the calories, half the flavour, and zero the satisfaction.

*phew* suffice it to say, it ain't the best place to go when you're desperate. Greggs next time, perhaps?

Azruelli

Jul 28, 2008
mikecoulter said:
Azruelli said:
My PsP, don't get me wrong, I still play it, and I'm a sonyfriend through and through, but the damn thing randomly shuts off 70% of the time when I start a game, and FYE refused to refund my purchase because I opened it and "It's still functioning." So now I'm stuck with a PsP that takes 10-20 minutes just to get to the actual GAME part of the MOBILE GAME PLATFORM.
Silly question but, tried a software update?
Yeah, and it still crashes frequently. I'm thinking it actually might be a hard-ware issue, but damn if I can think of anything other than the battery that would cause that, though.

kinetix271

May 31, 2009
AlexTheBucket2112 said:
The Last Remnant.
I like that game for some odd reason. For terrible purchases, The Godfater part 3, a PSP which I sold to my friend for 2/3 what I paid, and morrowind

smudgey

May 8, 2008
Medal of honor: Heroes 2. Bought for promised 32 player online, which was removed without statement from EA for the Australian version. Bastards.
And all that Mini-disc crap i bought.

Jacobistheshiz

Jul 14, 2009
GP-5 Civilian Gas Mask. The thing is older tan my grandmother, and the filter contains Asbestos. It's okay for a costume piece but I hoped it was still functioning.
All well it was only 15 bucks.

ComradeDL

Jul 26, 2009
Worst thing I bought was all of my CDs. It was fine when to listen I had to use a CD player, but now I just rip them to my computer. The CDs just sit around gathering dust. Oh, and Pokemon cards. I'm too attached to get rid of them, but I haven't got the slightest clue how to play the game. I spent a lot of money trying to get those shineys.

I don't tend to regret buying much else. Guess I'm lucky?

Grayl

Jun 9, 2009
I'd rather not completely say, but lets just say that it plays games and you need a controller for it. And I am being honest; after playing on it for 30 minutes (I bought about 10 different games) I was bored and went back to my PC.

Yeah, I'm obviously not stating which gaming device I'm speaking of, but I know now that I'll never buy any other type of gaming device, apart from PCs.

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
FelixFox. said:
The Death Star, it said on the box that no one would exploit that little weakness.
I love you. That made my day.

OT: I guess it would have to be a (very expensive) Parker fountain pen, which didn't have a line down the nib for the ink to go down (no idea what it's called, sorry) so it couldn't actually write...

gragimor

Sep 25, 2008
magnuslion said:
Not joking: an autographed picture of Jesus. In Tijuana. I was drunk, but that's no excuse.
Just put it on e-bay, some tard will probably buy it and maybe you can even make a profit...

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
I must have spent nearly a thousand by now on games I have still yet to play. Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I use to have a truck load of them and between decks, packs, buying single cards and etc. It would be another thousand dollar venture. Too bad mom though them all away by accident once. Yeah... well at least I had long since quit playing by that point.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
D&D Miniatures. That was a bad, bad phase.
Oh well. My friend spent over 300 euro on Magic cards and internet café Runescape sessions. Could have been worse.