Worst times for an autosave?

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Basically, what were the worst autosaves you've ever had?

I had one earlier today, a few times actually, where MW2 saved when I was in the middle of a bunch of gun fire. But the worst I ever had was in Half-Life 2. You know that part where you are fighting the helicopter in the boat? Well, it autosaved when I destroyed the helicopter, but I was positioned to where the destroyed husk of the helicopter landed right on my head. Think I had to reload the save 4-5 times and keep trying to move within a second of loading before I barely escaped it.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
In Oblivion at the very end of the main quest. Martin got killed by Dagon just as I walked through the door into the temple. It autosaved then a message popped up saying I'd failed the main quest and it was game over.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
In oblivion everytime you enter a door, rest, or quicktravel, the game saves. Try doing a mission without going through any doors. I've just scraped by so many freakin' times on that game.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
I 'accidently' killed Moriaty and exited the bar then the bloody sherrif killed me. Loaded then he killed me again it was a cycle I couldn't break out of.
Like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pWkWE85ucA

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
You remeber those flamingo guys in Escape from Butcher Bay? Well I had to fight them with only one health square on hard. In short, I ended up dieing maybe 50 times before I finally killed all three of them without dieing.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Ah... well. Half Life 2 and episodes have saved when:

I am being shot at.
I am falling off of something.
I have nearly no health and there's a ton of enemies coming after me.
Probably some fourth thing I can't recall.

Portal has seen saves when I am too close to some turrets to get out easily, when I have fallen into the bloody incinerator, when I am about to fall into the water, when I screwed up redirecting a pellet, and finally, when I fudged my chances of getting the cores in the last fight in time.

I have since learned waiting for five seconds is a very, very good idea.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Once while playing Halo I got a checkpont as a Scarab stepped on me.

This proceeded to happen every time until I had to restart

sombre yeti

Dec 21, 2009
when playin fire emblem, every single time one of your character dies and you try to turn it off to save them it's to late from the auto save every turn.

grrrr i hate replaying levels.

Black Rabt

Jan 22, 2010
Silent Hill: Homecoming, I start off in the police station after a boss battle with almost no ammo and no heal items on hard difficulty. Then have to make it through the station and another mini boss using only a pipe and 4 shotgun shells. not happening.

Scythax

Nov 23, 2009
Autosaved in Halo: CE once when I was in mid air over a bottomless cliff. Fun times.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I had an autosave in Legendary where I was getting hit by some fireball and it was unavoidable. I died everytime. I had to restart the level. =/

Raptoricus

Jan 13, 2009
Before falling into a pit on any platformer or game in general, a slide of the hand to the F# keys and BOOM, your progress is completely wasted. :/

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Half life 2 when I was in ravenholm, I had no ammo and or health, but I just grit my teeth and kicked ass. Pretty awsome of me if a dare say so.

ERadical

Aug 30, 2009
HL2, I had just gotten into the moving metal things that you stand in and they take you everywhere (the ones in the citadel) anyways I had a (well camouflaged) choice of choosing which on to use. So i chose one of them, got moving right into a fucking lighting incinerator. I had to load from a previous save

dicai

Jun 4, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
Well, it autosaved when I destroyed the helicopter, but I was positioned to where the destroyed husk of the helicopter landed right on my head. Think I had to reload the save 4-5 times and keep trying to move within a second of loading before I barely escaped it.
Same happened here... But I couldn't get away from it on time, so I did the helicopter mission all over again but tried to kill it from a safe distance and quicksave a bunch of times.

Seems like most of the people has problems with HL2...