Worst Waste of Money on a Game.

Artheval_Pe

Jul 7, 2008
Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising : It's short, repetitive, ugly, uninteresting and there is no story. I could have been a free campaign for ArmA II (a much better game) but it was a stand-alone product. The multiplayer was uninspired and broken.

Bioshock 2 : Bioshock 1 was a good game, build around an expertly crafted universe and telling the mesmerising tale of the city that Ayn Rand has been dreaming about.
Bioshock 2 was a game, build around the same universe, but constrained to a linear series of locales, with less maps that are less beautiful and where nothing interesting ever takes place or ever took place for that matter. The basic gameplay was slightly improved but there is way too much grinding involved and nothing interesting to explore.

Plus, the story revolves around saving a girl that nobody cares about.

I hate when game designers do that. If you build the plot around saving or caring for a specific character, just make sure that the player actually cares for that character. Take advantage of the time : It's a game, not a movie, you're not limited to only two hours

Good exemple : Fallout 3. You spend an hour with you father, he is nice, he cares about you, he his charismatic, and basicly the kind of guy that you'd want as a father or that you would like to have around. So when you have to go look after him, even though you get lost along the way, you still are happy to find him.
Bad exemple : Bioshock 2 : Why am I supposed to care about that little girl ?

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Flame on.

Final Fantasy 8 and 13 ( 13 make me look fondly at 12, which is a accomplishment on it own)
Those are the Only game that i have a legitimate hatred toward. No kidding. People get backlash about saying stuff like that. I know. But Drawing Magic was the worst decision they could make. Why should i have to do around 4 to 7 hours of sidequest to max my character magic stock pile and buff him with it or simply be able to cast. And Yahtzee said it all in is FF13 review. Why do i have to wait to have fun in a game, which are supposed to be fun to begin with. No game should get away with this, even if it a franchise you care about. Merit are given by accomplishment make by individual and not because of their own lineage. It should be the same for games. I don't care if the word FINAL FANTASY are attach to it.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Far Cry 2. I'm convinced it's the worst game ever produced. Its only redeeming factor is it's pretty. It got nothing else right.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
For me, it would have to be:

Bioshock 1. I played through it once, didn't bother killing any of the Little Sisters, and ended up with 700 achievement points in a few days from that game alone. To this day, I can't even muster up the patience to take the disc out of the box. It's like approaching an attractive woman: I can't be arsed to attempt either because both are disasters in waiting.

Far Cry 2: The game felt like a chore to play. This game was hellishly boring from start to finish, and the *M. Night Shamalan twist wasn't a real surprise, either.
All the buddies you worked with and witnessed dying, were your enemies the whole time. They come back to kill you. And headshots don't work.

Guitar Hero World Tour: In the past, I spent $100 on a game and a GH controller that no longer registers strums correctly alongside an insensitive slide bar that required me to develop callouses on my fingertips to properly use, and a soundtrack that lacked any actual quality. It's like the developers literally picked songs out of a hat. C'mon, Tokio Hotel, Beastie Boys, Coldplay?! Oh, they even implemented European songs to ensure I could never complete the vocal part of the game (try singing that song "Antisocial" if you've never spoken a word of French). I barely got through La Bamba, and that was because I actually knew the melody by heart. I feel stupid because the last time I went to Gamestop (last Sunday) they had stacks of World Tour for $75, and has everything.

GTA 4: Realism killed the game. Though the story isn't half bad, it's depressing as hell, and the multiplayer made me hate this game sincerely. It's so fucking shit; you're better off fucking shit than playing this multiplayer.

Mirror's Edge. Enough said.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
I usually avoid games I know will suck. I'm a cautious buyer. However, for me its GTA IV. Realism doesn't always equal to fun. Yeah, the cars drive realistically, meaning that they drive like shit, and yeah you're able to go watch a TV and go on an internet cafe, something I can easily do in real life with better entertainment value. If I wanted a boring life simulator, I would've bought the Sims 3.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
Battlecruiser 3000 A.D.

Most obtuse, unintuitive and just downright horrific game I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Got it for 5 bucks in a bargain bin and I still think it was a waste of money.

jubosu

Aug 9, 2009
Halo 2
Phantasmagoria
and that acid trip of a game based on the music of David bowie

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Simpsons: Hit and Run. Granted, it's still a fun game, but I bought it the DAY it came out and paid 50 bucks.

Also, Star Trek: Online. I got the collector's edition, with an in-game item, and paid (I think) 90 dollars for it. Played the game for 2 months, then stopped.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, GTA IV, Ninja Gaiden 2 (Not because it's bad but because I've owned it for ages and still only put it in my console once)

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Nautical Honors Society said:
-Viewtiful Joe
LordNue said:
Resonance of Fate. Shitty game, I wouldn't even want it for free. The only way I'd play it is if someone paid me to play it.
What choo fellas smokin'? I love those games. To each their own, though. :(

OT: FFVII/X/XII (Yeah, I don't know why I kept trying), Shadow Hearts: From the New World, Mario DDR - (This was just stupid on my part. I blame myself.)

gally912

Mar 7, 2010
Dollar Bill said:
Tom Clancys Endwar, I returned it the day after I got it.
Oh yeah. Terrible game. I picked it up only because they were out of World in Conflict and I regretted it the moment I hit the first mission.

HyperboleKitty

May 6, 2010
Battle For Middle Earth 1. Paid full price, days after the release date only to find that it was a hellishly massive disspointment that had just saddened the crap out of me and made me a sad panda : ( Until that LOTR:Total War mod gets properly finished with some unique terrain and environments(preferably with Minas Tirith in full or Helms Deep) then I still await a decent epic sized LOTR game.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Outpost. I spent 150 kroner ~ 24 USD on that game. I'd rather have wiped my arse with that money.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Starke said:
NickCaligo42 said:
"Mount armor" in the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Completely cosmetic, does nothing to gameplay, costs more than $5. Worthless.
I thought it was 2 bucks? 160 microsoft points or something?

I got it with the Knights of the Nine retail pack, so I'm unsure.
Man, I don't even remember, but it's still bloody pointless.