Would a chainsaw be a practical weapon in combat?

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
Definitely not. Too heavy, too unwieldy, when it gets dull, the blade can get stuck and rip off and cut you to ribbons.

It just looks awesome. But it's not practical at all.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
If you're fighting people with no arms and only one eye then yeah, it would be practical.

Setharoth

Jan 28, 2010
Maybe we should try and come up with a way to make a chainsaw practical instead of listing the same reasons over and over again....

I think an effective chain-saw weapon would be one like the ripper in Fallout 3. You would want a small saw so it doesn't weigh much, perferable running on batteries, smaller distance between each blad so it won't get stuck or break as easily, and you'd want it to be quieter. That would be my ideal-chainsaw weapon

charliesauce

Jun 5, 2009
If your fighting tree's in combat, but if it's the Aliens from Alien, then you'll die a very bloody and acid like death before baby's pop out your chest cavity.

JayDub147

Jun 13, 2009
I suppose if you happened to be one of those guys who can carve sculptures with them, maybe it could work (assuming, of course, that your opponents don't have guns). For the rest of us? Not a chance in hell.

ElTigreSantiago

Apr 23, 2009
Anyone who has actually used a chainsaw will tell you no. And as for the Ent discussion, maybe if all the Ents were all KNOCKED OUT, then you could do some damage with a chainsaw.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
mrhappyface said:
Would a chainsaw be a practical weapon in combat? What do you think?
definitely NOT

The thing is designed to cut trees, not fleshy people. It's get gummed up after the first person you cut down. Just imagine the amount of cleaning!

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
The Kangaroo said:
Play Gears of War and you'll know
Ah yes, its the Modern warfare players we put on the front lines because they are experts on the field, I'm waiting for us to find alien life forms so we can chuck the halo fans in to teabag some aliens and capture the planet. Hell, when are we gonna elect Civilization players to rule the world?

(In truth I'm all up for putting Halo and MW fans in the front lines, though for reasons other then implied =D)

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
Do you mean a logging chainsaw? That would work less well than a combat wombat.

I think it's about time someone built a purpose-made Battle Chainsaw.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
manaman said:
A fellow Amerikan! I cuts the wild woods in the great northwest. My people are the vanguards off civilization we fight of the foul trees that threaten to invade your cities.

Such a thankless job, but we do it cause we must for we are the Lumberjacks!

We sharpen our saws daily so that you can have your double frap mochachino.

I assume this is an accurate representation of your life then.