Would anyone jump ship (leave their country) if they could?

Fewell

Aug 12, 2011
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Im okay with Britain but it would be nice to live somewhere with no grass as I'm highly allergic to the pollen. Maybe I could buy a boat to live on or something.
The midwestern US might be for you. Flying out there from the east coast(rolling hills covered with trees) is just a complete shock because there doesn't appear to be anything green in the midwest.

Kenami

Nov 3, 2010
Actually out of curiosity what is unemployment like in the United Kingdom (mostly London, Manchester, and Bristol) and Australia (Sydney and Melbourne)?

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
sevreon said:
I'd love to leave London to go to the US. Preferably to some large city, with a nearby beach, and for it to be sunny a lot.
So if anyone wants to swap, let me know :D
If you do decide to come live in the land of immigrants I advise you to avoid Kansas, as you can smell the westboro church from across the state.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
No. Tried once, my family moved back quickly... Too much things to adjust too. And we moved to god damn england.

Here, let me point you to this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19363_6-reasons-your-plans-to-move-abroad-might-not-work-out.html

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
HELL YES!

I think people should travel more, that would loosen the stranglehold patriotism has on people.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
I'd love to go to the USA when I'm older and have established myself in the career that I want. I believe the career will be more advanceable in the states as well, than in the UK.

Sadly this could be a long time before this happens. At least 10 years.

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
I have lived in other countries, but i doubt i would ever renounce my Canadian citizenship, all my stuff is here.

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, probably USA,UK or Europe.
Its not that I dont like Chile, but there is nothing here.
Plus, I dont have much to left behind...

raven47172

Expert Slacker
Sep 17, 2010
Roofstone said:
No. Tried once, my family moved back quickly... Too much things to adjust too. And we moved to god damn england.

Here, let me point you to this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19363_6-reasons-your-plans-to-move-abroad-might-not-work-out.html
I am glad someone posted that article. Still I would move to another country if I could, probably Canada or Australia.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
GigaHz said:
Your use of parentheses offends me, sir (those things have no place in a post).

Also, Japan isn't bad, but I think I'll leave it to go to the US eventually. While I don't want to live there, a lot of people I know are there, soo... that'd be the main reason. ALmost the sole reason, really.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
Hell yes, I'm going to be a trucker. I'll get paid to see Europe for a few years, maybe move over there for a couple, then finally move to Canada. It's not that I hate the UK, I just hate the people who live in it.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
crepesack said:
If there were no financial/language barriers to your moving to another country would you?

My girlfriend and I have pretty much decided on getting the hell out of the US as soon as college is done with...where we'll go? Probably Japan or Canada...
Well, Rush didn't go, so why should I?

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
No, I'll stay here in the US.

I wouldn't mind traveling to other countries but the US will always be home to me.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Dear god yes. I mean, England isn't that bad when you've actually lived here for a while. You get used to it, and it's good qualities far outweigh it's bad qualities. But there are much nicer places. I'd move to Japan probably. I know a lot of Japanese as well, and I know it seems a bit weeaboo'ish but I love their culture. What can I say? It appeals to me, and gives me a warm feeling that I just don't get anywhere else.

And last time I went, everybody was very polite. Biggest selling point in the history of the world.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Stilkon said:
I'd like to leave the states. Japan would be nice. Or Italy...
Enjoy http://www.cracked.com/article_19363_6-reasons-your-plans-to-move-abroad-might-not-work-out.html

DemonDruss

Jun 18, 2011
I want to move out of Ireland (It's a deppressing place when 1/3 of your pay packet goes to feed scumbags and politicians who only breed more scum and the other 2/3 to pay for food and rent) Holland or Australia seem to have the right kind of set-up for a man like me.