Would anyone jump ship (leave their country) if they could?

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Sir Shockwave said:
I'd leave England for Canada any day. Now where can I apply for Canadian citizenship?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp
There is a good place to start

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
I don't want to at the moment but if I am then it'd hopefully be somewhere like Finland, the Fins are badass.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
NEVER!!

...although I would maybe consider the UK, maybe. I'd actually have to visit it first, never been there before.

One country I'll never live in as long as I live is the United States. ...no offense intended.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
I'd leave Finland, Germany or one of the benelux countries would be perfect. (The people here are pricks, me included)

Gladiateher

Mar 14, 2011
No, I wouldn't leave. I live in the US and not only is it the place I grew up in but I have so much family here I couldn't leave behind. Not to mention all my long time friends. Plus as shitty as the news seems to make things appear i've always enjoyed living here. Of course I might like to go to another part of the US for awhile just not too long.

Leadfinger

Apr 21, 2010
I did. I moved to Japan from the U.S. 15 years ago and have been in Tokyo ever since. At some point I'll probably move to Thailand or some other place where it's nice to retire.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
I don't really mind my country right now, but if you'd offer me a passport and a plane ticket to say, Australia, I probably would do it, even if only for the heck of it.

Num1d1um

Jun 23, 2011
I did already and i'd do it again. I've moved from Germany to Norway and I'll move to England as soon as I can.

Manchubot

Sep 9, 2010
It's funny that I see this I just finished reading an article on cracked.com giving 6 reasons why plans moving abroad will generally not work. That being said I am pretty content living in America Michigan isn't too bad. Though of course it's always fun to go visit other places.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Stilkon said:
I'd like to leave the states. Japan would be nice. Or Italy...
Fucking Ninjas stealing my ideas.

OT: To be more specific,I would go to Japan.
First I would need to learn how to speak,read,and write Japanese of course,otherwise I would have no fucking idea what's going on. It would be nice to be out of America,less idiots running around pretending they have talent,less idiots running around in general.

Or fuck,Italy does sound pretty nice too,good food is always a plus.

oldmeme

Jul 9, 2008
I probably will probably have to move in the scheme of things. Ireland just doesn't have any "bleeding edge" capital like London or LA. We can be very slow to react. I have loads of time to think though. London or Canada maybe. Again, lots of time to think.

Reaganomics

Russian Roulette Runner-up
Jun 14, 2010
dex-dex said:
I do like Canada but I do not really like Toronto. I would like to live on Vancouver Island my pefrence would be Victoria or in Calgary.
but if I had to leave Canada then I would either go to New Zealand or the UK. I would like to go to Australia but it is too hot for my liking. All those places have lovely accents.
I grew up in Calgary and currently live in Victoria.
If you don't drive, I would avoid living in Calgary. Most parts of Calgary are difficult to get around on public transit. The winter in Calgary also sucks. But despite all that you are just an hour from the mountains and the people there are generally pretty nice.

And as for Victoria, it starts raining in October and doesn't stop until April. If you don't mind seeing the sun for a few months, it isn't too bad.

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
I love the US.
Yes we have some issues, but guess what? EVERY NATION DOES. The path the US is going down may be dark at the end, but we have not reached the "OH SHI- EVERYONE OFF THE SHIP NOW!" We have time to fix our problems.
I live in the greatest country in human history. And it would take something like the woman I love and want to spend the rest of my life with wanting out of the country to pull me away from it. And even then I'd wear Captain America shirts and junk all the time. So no, as long as I have a choice the USA is where I'll stay.

P.S. If everything goes to shit in this country I've decided to start a group called the American Rangers and reclaim out nation. Yeah. I'm serious.

P.S.S. Well either that or go all crazy assassin and kill our corrupt leaders. You know whatever fancies me at that moment.

Reaganomics

Russian Roulette Runner-up
Jun 14, 2010
Sir Shockwave said:
I'd leave England for Canada any day. Now where can I apply for Canadian citizenship?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
That website should have all the information and forms you will need.