Would some songs be better without the singer?

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
I was listing to a song with just the band playing then with the singing added in. I have to say I like the no singing one. Is there a song that you just wish the singer wasn't in?

I'm going to say I would like more rap if the singers wern't in it. Eeven though that just makes it a beat and not rap but hell I don't care.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I can't think of any, although I'm sure I know of them. I can think of a song that would be terrible WITHOUT the singing, because the vocals are totally the best part of it. This one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjVnTLn6og

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Omikron009 said:
I can't think of any, although I'm sure I know of them. I can think of a song that would be terrible WITHOUT the singing, because the vocals are totally the best part of it. This one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjVnTLn6og
Yeah you got A point there lol.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I attribute my liking of any given Black-Eyed Peas song (except Pump It, which has lyrics that don't annoy me for some ungodly reason) to my superhuman ability of ignoring their singing.

In other words, yes, most definitely.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
I guess it all comes down to one's personal opinion of the singing on any given song. Some tunes suffer for the vocals (for one reason or another), and some instrumentals are just music for music's sake; it just takes an honest, reasoned opinion to hear what a piece of music would benefit from, and then we're all quids in.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Most screamo. They can have some of the best riffs but as soon as the singer comes in I turn it off.

JWW

Jan 6, 2010
It's been said on this thread, but I must say it again: RAP MUSIC!

The beats are awesome, most of the singers need to just go away.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Ooh, I've run into a song like that actually: Unfaithful, by Rihanna. I personally can't bloody stand her singing at all, haven't heard even one song of hers I enjoyed - but take away all the singing, and the music in that song was actually really good.

Ah, so much better without Rihanna ruining perfectly good instrumentals.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
Some various screamo/metalcore songs would be better without the vocals. The songs would start off interesting and sound good, but then get ruined by some awful screaming which then ruins the rest of the song. This song for example. It starts off good, then just turns to shit as soon as he starts screaming.

Deathsane

Dec 3, 2009
thunderhorse - dethklok
That song would blow my mind without the one word he says every 2 seconds

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Personally, I have to say that most vocals irritate me at this point.
They have a lovely song, then they come in and try to jam in their awkward syllables into it, slapping some silly meaning onto an otherwise profound work of art.

For me, its either shut up, or use your voice as an instrument.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Finally, someone made a music topic that I can't say system of a down to. Clever...

OT: No I can't really think of much... There probally is some, but I can't think of any at the moment.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Pokerface by Lady Gaga. I'll admit to kinda liking the beat and backing of the song, but I strongly dislike Gaga's voice and lyrics.