Would you buy a Warhammer 40k FPS-MMORPG?

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
WillSimplyBe said:
ThePirateMan said:
I would love to play an FPS-MMORPG. Aslong as it's done right.

And I have no idea what company..
Sorry, but all FPS MMORPGs are doomed to die. I don't know of one that HASN'T had it's servers shut off, and I know a *LOT* of mmos.
I have never even seen a First Person MMO except for Darkfall Online (It wasn't completely first person, but for the most part.)

And never a Shooter one.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Prophetic Heresy said:
At face value, no. I'm not that big of a 40K fanboy. However, if it were good, I think I would give it a try.
Umm... are you saying you need to be a fan-boy to buy a game?

OT:I'd buy it. I already play heaps of FPSMMO's. Besides, its WH40K. You get to play a frikkin Space Marine.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
NO!!! Warhammer was made like an RTS and it should remain that way in video games. A 40k think like genre wars would actually be pretty fuckin awesome, but don't tarnish any more of my childhood. George Lucas already took away 2/3rds of it don't take away the last. Please?

Edit: Yes i am a fanboy i know

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009

[HEADING=1]HELL, GODDAMN, YEAH![/HEADING]

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
The Fork of Truth said:
blackshark121 said:
How the hell would you play Tyranids as a shooter? Their entire battle plan: Run up, die, hope they guy behind you gets closer to them.
What about playing a Lictor, or a Zoanthrope? There's a rogue-ish DPS class and a support class right there. Dear God, I'm a nerd.

P.S. Is it just me, or has there been alot of discussion on this matter lately?
You forgot Biovores and gargoyles and termagaunts*

*not so much

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I'm putting down the "if I had money" clause. I always thought the guys who made planetside had the right idea in the beginning before going batshit crazy making things that people ignored after about 10 mins (The whole alien tech caverns stuff) and things that took balance and just keeping kicking it straight in the balls (The crazy later mechs that meant being a trooper became absolutely pointless). The ad hoc squad stuff was good, I liked the bases set up. The classes were cool and it was nice that you could trade in your skills to buy a different set of skills. The command controller was just bad ass aswell. Any game that allows a guy with enough command experience to use orbital bombardments has my vote.

EDIT: On the tyranids note exp = biomass, enough biomass = gene enhancements. This pretty much could work like any other species system. Anyone here played Natural Selection? That had a great system for the humans and aliens.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I did; it was called Fire Warrior. It wasn't an mmo but it was an fps.
I don't buy any game with a monthly fee but it could be cool.

I'd rather see a Strategy-FPS: like Valkyria Cronicles with a more gritty 40K look.
THAT I would buy at launch.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
There was that one on the DS... can't think of the name. Long story short you don't want it. No detail, it's a ***** to see and really finicky to control. The idea is sound though.