Would you buy MRE's?

Aunel

May 9, 2008
This question first came to me when deciding what I wanted to eat, and wanted something simple, and tasty,

I realized, that the military has so called MRE's (Meal Ready To eat) that are, well, as the name suggests meals that are easy to make.

So if these meals came into the market, at a reasonable price, would you buy them?
And if so, what type of meals, and how popular they would be among the common "civilians"

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meal,_Ready-to-Eat)

Rhien

Oct 16, 2009
They don't exactly taste good, but you can get them already at Surplus stores.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I would buy them. I could get some from my local military surplus shop, but I usually don't bother. They are GREAT for camping and any other situation where you would need packable food that can be prepared easily.

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
I've been eating those things for almost a good years now, not by my choice. The Vegetarian ones are pretty good. Warning: stay away from the vege-omelet its like eating pure sin.

Aug 25, 2009
I would. As a university student, any sort of cheap and easy food is good. Not that I can't cook, but these things are always cheaper, thus of the good.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
I used to eat them because my dad had a lot left over from the army...They were tasted really good...And they were wonderful for large group camp-outs as well...I would buy them without a doubt if they were reasonably priced...

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I was in Army Cadets as a teenager, so I've eaten the standard issue British Army ration packs countless times and would happily do so again if they were reasonably priced. As it is, they're currently quite expensive [http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr408.html] (click if you want to see what's in it, too) so I probably wouldn't bother at that price.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
They taste bad and have like 2000 calories per serving which are perfect for extended combat operations or hiking trips... For your average person there relatively useless, unless your in like a post-apocalyptic world there good for around 10 years. Easily available from military surplus sites.

ZombieVictor

Apr 29, 2009
kokirisoldier said:
I've been eating those things for almost a good years now, not by my choice. The Vegetarian ones are pretty good. Warning: stay away from the vege-omelet its like eating pure sin.
Which one of the sins?