Would you kill someone you love, because of love?

Admiral Crunch

Nov 25, 2010
I want you to think really hard about this question before you answer it,because
this is a difficult question to answer.Think about what it means.
Personally, I probably could only do it in the most dire curcumstance, and then
still feel terrible about what I had done.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I need more detail to answer this question. I assume you mean it's some sort of situation where it would be out of pity for me to murder someone I love. If they really wanted me to I could bring myself to do it, if it was that necessary.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
No. I'm not willful enough.

I couldn't stand to take the life of a normal person, let alone a loved one. I'd sooner take my own.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Like in a euthanasia type situation? To end irreversible suffering? Yeah, I suppose I would, but it wouldn't be easy.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Mercy killing thing where they begged me and told me that I made them the happiest they ever have been? Maybe....after a long while and thought over it. I'd never forgive myself, and I'd forever dedicate myself to their memory.
Only person I really have any love for in my life is my girl.
Any other kind of killing. No. Definitely not.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
If it means putting someone out of their misery and is completely their choice. I'd certainly try if there wasn't any repercussion. I'm currently living this situation, but ending the persons life wouldn't make them happy if I were thrown in jail because of it.

TWRule

Dec 3, 2010
No, probably not. First off, it would have to be their choice, not mine. Second, in most situations where they actually ask me to kill them, they are probably delirious from pain and not thinking clearly. So even then, I wouldn't necessarily go through with it.

There may be a situation where I let them die because they are in such a state that it's pretty much confirmed that they will never be the person I know/love again (which is difficult or impossible to prove in the first place), AND they had some sort of will that designated that wish - then I would consider letting them die, and even then it wouldn't be by my own hand.

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
If we're talking euthanasia then I think I could, that is if they wanted it. I'd feel pretty bad after but if they were in vast amounts of pain then it would be for the best...

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Would depend on the situation. None of that "I'll kill you, then myself, then we'll be together forever" bollocks. But something like...is moments away from dying a horrible, painful death. More than likely.

Drake_Dercon

Sep 13, 2010
Oh, fuck.

Situation, really. No matter what, I'd feel horribly guilty. Probably only if they were already dying and in horrible pain. In a modern age, there's almost always a better way.

And absolutely not if they wanted to live. Even if they wanted to die, I'd probably try to talk them out of it.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
I dunno, they'd have to be in an unbearable amount of pain and even then I'd try and keep them for my own selfish reasons. I suppose I would if it was a mercy killing, but then I'd still feel bad.

BioHazardMan

Sep 22, 2009
If you're talking about like shooting them to save them from painful death (SH Homecoming) then yes. Otherwise I would have to seriously consider all options.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
If I walked in on her with another man, perhaps. Or the scenario with Boone and his wife in New Vegas.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
This is both creepy and depressing, but my bf and I talked about this last month. He told me that if he ever became a zombie (or was infected), that I had to kill him, so his soul wouldn't be trapped forever.

If this ever came to pass, I would respect his wishes, cry my eyes out...

...and purge the universe of zombies. Like Tennessee, from Zombieland. With nothing to live for, zombies will bear the full brunt of my unceasing hatred.