Would you like to see Yahtzee review more genre's?

JuggernautXUG

Dec 19, 2007
eggdog14 said:
JuggernautXUG said:
personally I would just like to see Yahtzee do more videos than just one a week... I mean they are short and not visually spectacular so it can't be too difficult to crap out 2 a week.
You have to PLAY the game before you review it. Not to mention WRITE the review. There are alot of WORDS in there, you know. Its not like he spends 7 days on the video alone.

logic my friend. logic.

yea, and it doesn't take 7 days to play a game to review it either. Especially VC releases and other classic games he's probably played in his youth.

Iron Hide

Dec 20, 2007
I'd actually like to see him review World of Warcraft. I've been waiting for someone to give an informative review that isn't rife with Fanboi bullshit and Big Business back scratching. For all it's hate, it's the most succesful MMORPG to date. Anyone who responds to this with "WoW Suxors!!" without a detailed list of why exactly it sucks, is in my opinion a moron.

- Userfriendly Interface - something all next generation games are lacking.
- Little or no learning curb
- Graphics suit the game, yes that's right. The graphics are ideal for the Warcraft world, the we're all used too from Warcraft 1,2 and really 3.
- Content, whilst repetitive is enjoyable.
- Classes are unique, and skills are interesting.

There's more, but I haven't played in over a year and a half and right now I'm having 'nam style flashbacks.

Rajada

Dec 19, 2007
I notice his reviews are pretty cronological. While that's not a bad thing at all as most of the big hype games coming out these days aren't what they were hyped up to be, what about some older games...some good old fashioned WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??? retro games. I don't know, just something to throw out there.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Actually, what about a whole genre in total. It would be hard to review one certain racing game the way Yahztee does, but if he were to review the whole racing/sports/fighting genre, that would be sweet. Anything else like, xbox live arcade games or just something in general, instead of focussing all on one game. He's done it before with the 'console rundown' and the 'Heavenly Sword(s) and other stuff' and it would be a shame if he stopped doing those sorts of reviews.

Nov 28, 2007
To all of you people asking for older games to review, as long as you don't mind foul language, I would advise you to check out the Angry Video Game Nerd. Website is cinemassacre.com

RentCavalier

Dec 17, 2007
I personally predict all this newfound interweb fame is going to cause poor Yahtzee to have a nervous breakdown and collapse into a drug and kangaroo-meat induced coma.

Especially with people hounding him so much. I kinda feel bad for him.

Ought to give him a hug.

He'd like that.

A hug.

Nice hug.

Hugs are nice.

Mmmm.

Hugs.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
RentCavalier said:
I personally predict all this newfound interweb fame is going to cause poor Yahtzee to have a nervous breakdown and collapse into a drug and kangaroo-meat induced coma.

Especially with people hounding him so much. I kinda feel bad for him.

Ought to give him a hug.

He'd like that.

A hug.

Nice hug.

Hugs are nice.

Mmmm.

Hugs.
YOU'RE NOT GETTING A DAMN HUG!!!!

Anyway, Kangaroo meat tastes nice.

dl_wraith

Dec 21, 2007
A bit like Osterich, so I'm told.

Anyway, Yatz should continue to review anything that's in the public eye and anything worthwhile that we may otherwise miss out on (portal was a great example. Somehow I missed that one until my mate said he'd got it while I was watching No Punctuation one evening!).

As his reviews are equal parts amusement and opinion, I couldn't really care what games he reviews as long as he keeps doing more than one platform.

I think asking Yahtzee to review retro or past games is a waste of his perculiar talents though. I'm a huuuuuge retro geek and even I wouldn't want to waste his time with games that were no longer in general circulation. Or in the Wii shop. Or on X-Box arcade. Or on the Playstation network *shudder*