Would You Pay Almost $60,000 For A Cell Phone?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
BanicRhys said:
It looks gross. I'd rather have an iPhone.
Sure. You could have this one here, only 5 mil: http://stuarthughes.com/newdawn/product_info.php?products_id=102

Doom972 said:
Just because it's worthless in Minecraft, it doesn't mean it's worthless in real life:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold#Use_and_applications
Gold isn't useless in Minecraft anymore, it's used to make powered rails which are damn useful now that Notch disabled the booster bug: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Powered_Rail - this functionality makes gold the most useful metal in Minecraft if you're into building railroads everywhere.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
That'd probably be quite painful to hold given how good gold is at conducting heat.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No I won't buy that since it's pointless without games and internet (granted I don't use the internet on my mobile but it would be handy).
I know two people who would buy that in heartbeat-
2. That person who comission a gold plated yacht (someone mention that in the forum months ago).

cross_breed

Mar 22, 2011
The type of person who would actually spend that kind of money on an essentially useless phone just to show off deserves to be stripped of their possessions and forced to live under an overpass faster than you can say "conspicuous consumption." The fact that these things sell is a prevalent symptom of why we have so many monetary problems in the world.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
For that price I'd expect it to be entirely covered in gold at least, strange design. Overall thought totally pointless money sink.

May 20, 2009
IceStar100 said:
I will never understand my species love of shiny stuff.
"Oomans are pink and soft, not tough and green like da Boyz. They'z all the same size too, so they'z always arguing about who's in charge, 'cos no way of telling 'cept fer badges an' ooniforms and fings." - Ork Boy

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
IceStar100 said:
I will never understand my species love of shiny stuff. Gold is a worthless metal. To soft to build with heck pure gold can be bent by the thumb and forefinger of a child. It has no real use what so ever outside being shiny. Steel is shiny and it can be useful. Heck gold has to be mix with something to hold a shape.

I will truely never understand humans well other human. I don't really understand me eaither all well.
Gold is useful, its used in electronics for having a low electrical resistance and scientific experiments

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
That thing is ugly as sin.

I don't care if it is made out of solid gold, it looks horrible.

And it can't even play Angry Birds.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Aeshi said:
That'd probably be quite painful to hold given how good gold is at conducting heat.
Can't wait 'till the first complaints come in "I want to complain about my golden phone" "What seems to be the problem?" "It fucking melted away during my business call!"

OT: Screw that and and anyone who buys it. I say buy yourself a reasonably priced phone with all the functionalities you need and then give the other 50000 dollars to charity or something.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
vansau said:
Sure, it doesn't do much, but this is literally a solid gold cell cell phone ...
Isn't gold rather heavy? It doesn't sound very comfortable to carry.

I wonder what kind of warranty it has for parts....

I think silver would look better and a steampunk cellphone would sell better for uniqueness(at a lower price of coarse).

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Heh, the electronics in that phone cannot be worth a single dollar, if all it can do is texting and basic phone duty.

The money they ask for it buys you a kilo of pure gold. Obviously, this item won't be pure gold and it will only weigh a fraction.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
IceStar100 said:
I will never understand my species love of shiny stuff. Gold is a worthless metal. To soft to build with heck pure gold can be bent by the thumb and forefinger of a child. It has no real use what so ever outside being shiny. Steel is shiny and it can be useful. Heck gold has to be mix with something to hold a shape.

I will truely never understand humans well other human. I don't really understand me eaither all well.
Have you by any chance read Conn Iggulden's Conqueror series? That first paragraph reminded me very much of Temuge's speech on the worthlessness of gold when someone attempts to bribe him with it.

OT: Assuming I was appropriately well off, I'd buy one just to toss in a fire, just to see the look on someone's face. (I haven't decided who, yet.)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Well moscow does have the most amount of millionares in any city.

i dont know. probably not. I like the phone I have now, and already know which one I'll get next when the contract comes up for renewal. Besides, I dont really like that brick and morter watch design