Would you rather be rich or good-looking?

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Wouldn't being rich make me more attractive.
I was under the impression that males with money and power were obscenely attractive.

I'd take neither. I have no use for being attractive and more money than is required to get by doesn't interest me.

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
Bah, I'm already as ugly as a bruised Onion so I might as well take the money.
...Wait, couldn't I just use the money for stuff like plastic surgery if I wanted to?

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Good looking. I don't need wealth, and I have ways of making it myself using my own ingenuity.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
If I'm rich I can accomplish things for people beyond just myself, so I'd definitely take rich over good looking.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Well, neither. I'd hate to be rich because I'd be at risk of being robbed and I'd end up getting bored, and I'd never be able tell friends that like me as a friend from friends that just want my money, and I wouldn't want to be good-looking, I'm perfectly happy being non-good-looking. Being good-looking takes too much effort, too. And I wouldn't want to risk becoming vain.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Don't care as long as I'm happy. But, since that's not really part of your question, I'd take the money. Money can do a lot of good...looks, not so much...

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
How rich/poor and how beatuiful/ugly? This seems like an important thing to know. I mean, if by 'poor' you mean working-middle class, I'd be okay with that, but if by poor you mean 'homeless->lower class with no disposable income, etc' then that's a different story. But if by ugly you mean people flinch at the sight of you, then it'd be almost impossible to make friends/form relationships. Also, how attractive is attractive? Would I be so attractive that I can just get an acting/modelling job? Or am I more 'real-world attractive', where I'm still awesomely attractive, but not in the super-model way?

Really, I need to know the degrees to know if they are worth it.

Rockus

Jun 7, 2010
They're sort of interchangeable aren't they? Money could buy plastic surgery and make you good looking, and if you're already good looking well . . . those are the people who are successful now aren't they?

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Sexy.

It's a fact that the more attractive you are, the easier you have getting a job (as long as your other credentials are all in place). I can easily work to become rich.

Anyway, it's not like I'm exchanging it to become dirt-ass-poor (I'm assuming), I just won't be swimming in money.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
If I were attractive, I could become a model and get lots of money. You don't exactly need to be intelligent to be a model...
Then again, you might need money to pay for photo shoots. Unless you're spotted at a party or something.

Attractive people seem to have better lives, from ehat I've seen.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Good looking and poor.

In other words, I wouldn't change at all ;)

Edit:

Plus rich people piss me off. There are people who are literally buying their way through my college. Its a fucking disgrace.

hyrulegaybar

Oct 6, 2009
I'm what has been described as an 8 or 9. I have never had trouble getting a job, finding a date, or making friends. As a consequence, I have never suffered financially in any regard. So yeah, I'll keep being hot, thanks.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
JNA17 said:
I saw this thread in another forum and thought it might be an interesting topic in here.

If you could only choose one of them and be stuck with it forever, what would it be? Rich but ugly or sexy but poor?

RICH. who gives a damn about looks, MONEY IS WHERE IT'S AT.

best things in life sure ain't free.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Couldn't you just choose to be rich and use some of that money to make yourself good looking?

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
Rich, definitely. Becoming good looking wouldn't make my life much better, whereas being rich would. Mainly I'd use my new wealth to not-worry about rent and other usual expenses.