Would you relive your childhood?

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
If I could do it with my current mind, sure. No need to think about it, 100% yes.
There's a lot I'd do differently.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
Of course. I would have no second thoughts about creating a 6 year-old with the mental capacity of a 20 year-old. Hell, I'd do it from the moment where I was born.

Even if I had a bad childhood, I can avoid the consequences of the bad moments with prior knowledge I've held onto for so many years.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
It would be tempting because it would allow me to breeze through school and enjoy my life at an easier pace than what I remember growing up. Hell I knowing what I know now I would tell my parents to make certain business decisions that would make our family rich, and avoid the various problems that have presented themselves to my family over the years.

The only problem is that I wouldn't want to give up who my family and friends are right now in the present. I would be extremely sad if the friends I knew growing and my best friends I met in high school I never ended up meeting. I would also dislike fundamental changes in my family members, it would be like living with an entirely new family. If I could avoid these personal problems than I wouldn't have any problem with going back in time.

Also captca (whatever you call those password things) fuck you. I am not a bot, I am a human being trying to post my thoughts on the Internet. Also become more legible! I don't need to try and fail multiple times to understand what I need to type out.

Sep 13, 2010
sure, I have some health problems now due to decisions made for me as a child so I would like reversing that. Also having a good idea of the future might be profitable.

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
Relive that abusive chapter of my life? Fuck no. I totally want to be almost raped by my uncle again. Totally.

[sub][sub]Moo! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE][/sub][/sub]

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I don't know what sort of mental mishappenry would happen if I sent back in time to age six. I don't know the first nine years due to a sporting injury. And, if you can't prevent history, that would only give me three years before I'd forget it all again. Where would my soul go then? Seems like a waste.

Now if I could go back to, say, age thirteen, I'd probably say yes. Any earlier and I would have to face the needle-in-the-eye incident, the reconstruction of my tear duct, and other Spring nightmares I'd rather not go through again.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
Redlin5 said:
A stranger appears with a machine. It will send your consciousness back in time to inhabit your body when you were only 6 years old. Would you live your childhood over again, do things differently?

I would say no. I enjoyed my childhood but I don't need to do it over again. Besides, I still do childish things for fun anyway.

Your thoughts?
Not childhood but my mid-teens. I've been thinking about a lot of mistakes and missed opportunities that happened during that period, and if I could go back as the knowledgeable, arguably wiser and all round better version of myself, maybe things could have been different.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
YOU WOULD HAVE THE RELIVE GRADE SCHOOL. ANYONE WHO SAYS YES IS JUST BEING SILLY.

Homework? Shitty teachers? Idiot students? Crappy lunches? You want to go through all of that again just so you can live a couple more years? Besides, you've already exprienced it all anyways, the stuff you had fond memories of won't be as fun. You won't have the freedom of being an adult, and you being a smarter version of yourself but younger sounds cool now, but being a smart person in a sea of dumb people can get really frustrating. To be honest it sounds like torture.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
Buretsu said:
I'd love to have something a-la Radiant Historia, and have the ability to travel between important parts of my childhood, and be able to alter events on a case-by-case basis, rather than just reset and start over again.
Thank you for providing a solution. That would be the perfect way to avoid altering your life too profoundly, it would great if you could change things on a case by case basis. I have made plenty of mistakes in my life I wish I could undo and a case by case basis would be very helpful rather than living my life over.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
wih my current mind? Ive actually thourght of this scenario

on one hand I could be a genious and not make any mistakes/bad choices..relaly set myself up

on the other being treate dlike a child with none of the advantages of being an adult (no videogames or movies or music that i like) think would drive me mad

nameless023

Fancy Forum Title Goes Here
Nov 11, 2011
So, back to childhood but with current memories. That's a tough one.

I'd say no, my childhood was terrible and if changing anything meant changing who I am now I'd prefer to simply stay here and ignore those old memories.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
I'd take the machine and hold on to it for a while before using it. My childhood was pretty damn good, with barely any bad stuff, so I certainly wouldn't mind giving it a whirl again, maybe making a few changes. That said, once I hit my teenage years, there are some things that I should have done differently, but I'm not entirely sure HOW. But I would do it, probably within the year. Growing up again would give me a good environment to improve my social skills, for one - take risks, see if they pay off, etc. And of course, if I get to keep some foreknowledge, I'd warn a few people to get cancer screenings early. Maybe make a few investments.

But for the most part, I wouldn't change things. I'd still read and read like there was no tomorrow. I'd still want to be friends with my best friend, because he's my best friend for a reason. I'd still love my very extended family. I'd still play dumb about my parent's marital problems. And I'd keep the same attitude, more or less. Maybe I'd do some acting earlier, who knows. Point is, I'd love it.

So yeah, sign me up.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
No, because my life and (nearly) everyone in it is awesome right now, and I've worked to get here. My childhood and early teen years were (without a doubt) the most negative time in my life. If I was able to go back and 'redo' it, there wouldn't be any guarantee that I could get back to this point, or even that the outcome will be better. To know that there is a possibility that I could never be with my spouse, my dogs, or the people I know that brighten my life ever again; ugh, it's depressing.

However, I think the circumstances of my decision would be different if my current life were different. If I were single without any real emotional attachments - I'd most likely say yes.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Ugh, god no. I don't even like REMEMBERING my childhood. Of course, I am mostly referring to anything involving school.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
No as profitable as that would be I would lose all the friends I've made. I'd know about them but all those memories would be false now.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Fuck yes! This time however I would truly enjoy the nineties, secure a source of income so that I can get a computer to get myself into 3D modeling and animation a decade earlier, immerse myself into the pop culture and as today, never let it go!!!

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
No. I enjoyed my childhood, but I don't feel the need to go back and relive them or change them. The decisions I made then, and the regrets I have, have shaped me into the person that I am today, and I am pretty happy with who I am. I have a great family, wonderful friends, and a good life. Any changes I could make would change all that, and not necessarily for the better.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No I wouldn't because I would not fully enjoy it due to my mature mind. I mean yes life was simpler back then but I cannot bear to be stuck in the past and to relive the whole 21 years again!
Beside while I can change stuff in the past but what of the new consequences I had created from the new action I had took especially when I want it to happen?