Would You Restart Your Life?

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Yes, in a heart beat. My life is full of regret and bad decisions. I would like to have all of that undone. Plus, I get to be a prodigy.

Omechron

Apr 15, 2009
Not just intelligence but if I can keep the rest of my stats and some of my items I'll consider it.

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
I would, and I guess I am...

I hate admitting this to people:

I coasted through high school, did just enough to pass. Fast forward seven years... I've gotten a lot of good life experience, but there is no way forward career-wise.
So, in the Fall I'm going to the local college to basically re-take my Grade 11 and 12 courses, and if all goes according to plan, go to university NEXT fall.

I'm 23. Lots of people tell me, "Oh, its never too late to change things/get an education." And I agree, but all I can think is, "If only I had my head on straight seven years ago..." Again, I've had a lot of good life experiences in these years, but I feel like they've been wasted, and they're years that I cant get back.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I certainty would. For one, I'd love my parents to discover a newborn drawing algebra and orbital calculations on a wall.

Killem

Feb 7, 2010
I'd do it in a heart beat. Heck, I'd be happy just going back 5 years with my current knowledge.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Viral_Lola said:
Well said my good man. Well said. Like I said the reasons why I would love to be able to redo my life is that there are some choices that I regret and opportunities that I passed up for one reason or another. There are some people that I lost that I would like to go back and be able to tell them how much they mean to me. Words and actions that I said and did in a fit of rage that I can't apologize for or take make. Yeah, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and even though I'm barely in my twenties, the those thoughts have started to get to me.
*sigh* Much as I'd like to believe that... I find myself in a sad place when I hear people say that, thinking 'short for what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or makes you easier to kill in the future'.

Being naturally emotionally frail, I find it difficult to get through my days, sometimes, when my mind decides to flit back to those parts of my life that fucked me/us up. I like to think that those periods were good for me, and as much as I wish they were, I can't help thinking that with just one small change, everything would've been better. However, for all the crap I've dragged myself through, I know that were I any less of a man than I already am, it would've been a whole lot worse.

That said, I suppose that as I am, I do not so much as live now as exist.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Part of me wants to in a heart beat, I've made some really stupid mistakes and have taken a lot of things for granted. Plus I have a ton of regrets and I'd love to fix those.

The other part doesn't want to because those fuck ups made me know I am, for better or for worse, and I can just do the best I can now. Besides, things are looking better and I have no idea what I'm going to experience next, who knows, it might be awesome.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Nah.

Sure, I've made some mistakes, and I sometimes wish I could undo them, but those mistakes made me the person I am today. The lessons I've learned and the things I've experienced are largely due to mistakes made.

There are a few moments I'd like to relive, but at the same time, they're more precious because I can't go back and relive them.

Though I may not be happy with my current situation, and I would love to go back and change it, by persevering here, I'll gain valuable skills and knowledge that I can use later in life.

Besides, going back with the knowledge I have now could actually lead to making some of the bad situations worse.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
No, boredom it would create and having to go through certain experiences again, never. I have earned my black belt(s) through more pain and effort than I would like to repeat, and I am very happy with my girlfriend and my relationship with her, to have gone through some things with her a second time would make them lose so much of their wonder.
No, not now anyway with my lie being pretty damn good.

The Lawn

Apr 11, 2008
If I could memorize every single set of lottery numbers, also I'd invest heavily in Sony before they won the HD format race. I'd help avert disasters. That and I'd probably have the balls to tell the one girl I ever felt I really loved that I loved her the second time around.

Also.... I would probably start saving money earlier than I did, if I had saved my money from my first couple years of working instead of spending it on dumb stuff I never really had as much fun with as I thought I would.... saving at least 10k there....

Also, I'd be able to have an additional.... well... 8 years or so to practice my profession, because I wasn't exactly in a position to purchase a decent computer till I was 16.

So yes. I'd kick more ass in school, graduate with pretty much top marks instead of barely scraping by. Be better at my job. Be able to better hone my skills, and generally be leaps and bounds ahead of the curve.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
15 years...

Well losing my save progress now isn't so far in that it makes it lose all re-playability, so sure.

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
No,

I just want to hurry up and get it over with.

There isn't really much I could change, and to relive my childhood infected with an unpleasant mindset wouldn't benefit me.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Yes. I have often wondered this very question. If I could, I would make quite a few changes...