Would you sleep with yourself?

Mournful Crow

May 1, 2012
Well, would you sleep with yourself? If you happened to meet yourself and had the chance to, would you?...

Dec 14, 2009
Wouldn't that technically be masturbation?

Don't most of us already do that?

Why make things more complicated :D

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
... Hmm.

No. I reckon if I was sat opposite myself, hearing myself speak and imagining my own thoughts even though I couldn't sense them that it would just be too weird. It would be like a perfect copy and the uncanny valley effect would be too great.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
This reminds me of something I read a while ago:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/human-clones-do-you-fk-or-fight/

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
If I where a woman I would do male me in an instance. What can I say I'm and good looking chap :p
[small]if a little vain [/small]

captcha: hard and fast

o.0 a little pervy captcha

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Well, no. I'm not a homosexual, and as badass as it can look, long-haired men with a beard aren't exactly attractive. At least not in my case :p

Esotera

May 5, 2011
If two genetically identical twins sleep with each other, is this the same as sleeping with yourself?

Probably not.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
i can barely stand being in my own body let alone have to deal with a second one of my ugly ass, now if my second one was in a female body or we both were in a female body then yes id be all over that

Dec 14, 2009
ClockworkPenguin said:
Well, i'm not homosexual so no. Why would I?
BathorysGraveland said:
Well, no. I'm not a homosexual, and as badass as it can look, long-haired men with a beard aren't exactly attractive. At least not in my case :p
Mortai Gravesend said:
No, I'm not gay so a guy is not exactly appealing to me.
Technically, if it's a perfect clone of yourself, even including all of your memories up to the point of being cloned, then it's a second physical manifestation of yourself.

It's not gay, because it's you. There's just two of everything.

It's quite bit more philosophical than it first seems to be :D

Dec 14, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
Daystar Clarion said:
ClockworkPenguin said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Technically, if it's a perfect clone of yourself, even including all of your memories up to the point of being cloned, then it's a second physical manifestation of yourself.

But the second we meet our memories diverge and they are no longer quite the same person. Also I would argue they're not a second physical manifestation of me because I lack sensation from that body. I don't see what it sees, I don't feel what it feels, etc. If I were to die the me in this body would end and the other me would go on.
Up to a point, I agree.

But imagine you and your clone are in a completely sealed room, and the clone can only exist for an hour or two.

It has all of your memories up to the very moment it's put in the sealed room with you.

Your thoughts won't diverge, the room in a white cube, it looks the same at every angle.

At that moment in time, there's nothing that separates you from the clone as an individual.

Dec 14, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Daystar Clarion said:
ClockworkPenguin said:
BathorysGraveland said:
Mortai Gravesend said:

But the second we meet our memories diverge and they are no longer quite the same person. Also I would argue they're not a second physical manifestation of me because I lack sensation from that body. I don't see what it sees, I don't feel what it feels, etc. If I were to die the me in this body would end and the other me would go on.
Up to a point, I agree.

But imagine you and your clone are in a completely sealed room, and the clone can only exist for an hour or two.

It has all of your memories up to the very moment it's put in the sealed room with you.

Your thoughts won't diverge, the room in a white cube, it looks the same at every angle.

At that moment in time, there's nothing that separates you from the clone as an individual.
But that only applies if we do the EXACT same actions. If we do anything to break the symmetry the clone and I have divergent thoughts.

Also there is something that separates us. IF I were to close my eyes then I would not see out of the eyes of my clone, yes? So our senses are not linked. That is what separates us.
Your clone would close his eyes too.

At the point of entering the room, nothing separates you from your clone.

You would react in the exact same why.

In fact, this raises the question of whether it would be possible to even have sex with yourself, if it's an exact clone.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
At the risk of ruining this philosophical debate, I simply don't like dicks.