Would you take a Covid-19 vaccine?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well I mean look at all the economic woes covid has caused for travel, food, religious events and anything to do with large groups. There would be a huge amount of rich people yearning for the end of covid so that they can get back into business as usual and they regularly but politicians. Imagine owning an airline right now.
True. Then I guess you also have billionaires like Elon Musk being evil because that's what they do.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Once it's deemed safe and the more at risk people get vaccinated first, yes.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
This kind of proves my superstition that it was too good to be true. I think it's fair to say it's unsafe for the risk group at this point. So who is it for? Definitely reads like a rush job and I'm not even a scientist. Needs atleast another year of study and testing.
I think maybe you've misinterpreted something: the vaccine does not appear to be unsafe for the risk group thus far.

The full data with Phase 3 is not yet fully complete or available, but that's what we really need to get a decent assessment. The early press reports were based on an initial tranche of 94 patients from the Phase 3 data indicating promising results with no serious side effects, and Pfizer claim the rest of the data for phase 3 will be rolling in throughout the next week or two. They'll be keeping a "running total" and prep so I don't expect a final wrap-up analysis to take long. The trials document suggests a study end date of 13th December, but they could finish early.

Incidentally, Pfizer having announced >90% effectiveness, Russia promptly put out a press statement saying their Sputnik V vaccine was 92% effective against covid-19.

They could not troll harder.