Wouldn't the world be generally much better If the population were like the escapists?

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
No that wasn't a typo. I meant us, the escapee's, escapist's, whatever. Generally, We have a great template for humanity as a whole. I'm sure that most of us would be great representatives of humanity.
Now, I don't agree with everything that's said by the community, And I don't think everyone is great, but, we haven't got anyone very militant or discriminative on this site. If we had an entire population built up of people like the escapee's, Intelligent, reasonable and tolerant, We'd have a far better world than we've got. I think most of humanity could learn from the examples set by the thinkers, talkers and jokers that pop up on these threads.

So I put this to you: Let's kill everyone who doesn't have an escapist membership!

But in all serious, I'd say that you guys have almost a responsibility to lead others by example. We clearly have a large group of well rounded individuals in a world of morons, And If we tried to practice and preach the stuff we discuss on these forums (Maybe not that stuff about legalising bestiality though...) We Might just make a difference. The escapist community is spread all over the world, there's a lot of places we could potentially change minds in.

Excuse if this is a little vague on what things I'm talking about, That's for you to work out.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I suppose.

It'd get pretty boring pretty fast if everyone was respectful and reasonable with each other, though. Conflict makes the world go 'round in my opinion.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
Maybe it's because i hang around in the R&P section too much but i don't think i'd notice any real difference.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
SpectacularWebHead said:
No that wasn't a typo. I meant us, the escapee's, escapist's, whatever. Generally, We have a great template for humanity as a whole. I'm sure that most of us would be great representatives of humanity.
Now, I don't agree with everything that's said by the community, And I don't think everyone is great, but, we haven't got anyone very militant or discriminative on this site. If we had an entire population built up of people like the escapee's, Intelligent, reasonable and tolerant, We'd have a far better world than we've got. I think most of humanity could learn from the examples set by the thinkers, talkers and jokers that pop up on these threads.

So I put this to you: Let's kill everyone who doesn't have an escapist membership!

But in all serious, I'd say that you guys have almost a responsibility to lead others by example. We clearly have a large group of well rounded individuals in a world of morons, And If we tried to practice and preach the stuff we discuss on these forums (Maybe not that stuff about legalising bestiality though...) We Might just make a difference. The escapist community is spread all over the world, there's a lot of places we could potentially change minds in.

Excuse if this is a little vague on what things I'm talking about, That's for you to work out.
Have you been to R&P already?
They are also part of the community you want to rule the earth.
Just putting that out there.
Also, if I was to be a real-world escapist-ruler, I want to be the black fool.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Maybe, maybe not. While the average Escapist has many positive traits which you've described in the OP, there's also some deep set issues with misanthropy (just look at the average Escapist's opinion on children or humanity) and motivation (how many times have you heard "I'm genius-level intelligent but too lazy to use it").

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

Seriously. what made you think that was true?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Nope, I don't think there would be much of a difference in the world in terms of levels of wellness. As it has been suggested, there is R&P. Last time I went there, I found 4 extremelt obvious flame baits in the first 10 threads or so, and I ran away very fast. Also, see the gender threads and so on. I guess the world will pretty much stay the same.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Ljs1121 said:
I suppose.

It'd get pretty boring pretty fast if everyone was respectful and reasonable with each other, though. Conflict makes the world go 'round in my opinion.
I dunno what part of the forums you've been hanging around, but there's plenty of conflict around here.

Anyway, I'd postulate that the actual general population is much like the Escapist, just maybe with a smaller focus on video games.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
SpectacularWebHead said:
Generally, We have a great template for humanity as a whole. I'm sure that most of us would be great representatives of humanity.
I'm under the impression that our demographic would very much fit the stereotype. How is a gaming community representative of humanity as a whole?
SpectacularWebHead said:
Now, I don't agree with everything that's said by the community, And I don't think everyone is great, but, we haven't got anyone very militant or discriminative on this site.
Really? I have several people on ignore because of their militant & discriminatory behavior in certain subjects. I'm fairly positive that many of my positions on certain subjects can also be considered militant by my opposition.
SpectacularWebHead said:
If we had an entire population built up of people like the escapee's, Intelligent, reasonable and tolerant, We'd have a far better world than we've got.
Hardly, we've have much of the same; nouns would be the only thing that would change, while the verbage and the subtext would remain largely untouched.
SpectacularWebHead said:
I think most of humanity could learn from the examples set by the thinkers, talkers and jokers that pop up on these threads.
[sarcasm]Yes, because "ponies", animated gifs and various memes are a great reflection on the intellectual capacity of these so called "thinkers".[/sarcasm]

Although a part of me would love to see someone in the House respond to inquiries by holding up posters of various memes.
SpectacularWebHead said:
But in all serious, I'd say that you guys have almost a responsibility to lead others by example. We clearly have a large group of well rounded individuals in a world of morons, And If we tried to practice and preach the stuff we discuss on these forums (Maybe not that stuff about legalising bestiality though...) We Might just make a difference.
Perhaps if this community could actually agree on any "one" thing, we might be able to do something about it. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Hell no, have you seen the amount of derailing that goes on here? We'd never make it through a single day without messing something up

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
I think it would lead to a bit of a sausage fest. And considering that it is extremely unlikely that George Clooney holds a membership on this website, I cannot agree with this goal as I refuse to support the murder of such a charming individual.

Otherwise it would probably be pretty cool in some ways.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I don't think the majority of people here have enough useful skills for human civilization to continue. I also could not stand it if everyone was so easily trolled and went totally over the top with knee-jerk reactions, so there's that.

A collective community however would be very interesting.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
"Prime Minister, we need to sort out this peace tre-"
"NATHAN FILLON *****. *Gif explosion. ...Somehow*"

That would sum up how every meeting would go.

We'd crumble within a week, easily. Besides, we'd be no different, there's lots of bitching and small infights going on everywhere here.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Frankly I don't think the world would be a very good place to live in if everybody spent their time worshipping Valve. We would end up making them world leaders or something.

Yeah, no. The escapist 'community' isn't much more pleasant than the rest of the internet, it's just instead of outright and openly insulting other people we use fancy pants words and phrases and seemingly direct them at no one in particular.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Matthew94 said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Would you teach us all how to talk jive and take control of the worlds supply of watermelon and purlpe drank?
I see you have not read the works of christopher moore then?
I was referring to HIS description of King Lear's Fool as the "Black Fool", who excels in sarcasm, irony, personal insults and commiting heinous acts of shaggery.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Matthew94 said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Matthew94 said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Would you teach us all how to talk jive and take control of the worlds supply of watermelon and purlpe drank?
I see you have not read the works of christopher moore then?
I was referring to HIS description of King Lear's Fool as the "Black Fool", who excels in sarcasm, irony, personal insults and commiting heinous acts of shaggery.
No, I thought you meant a jive talking black person from 80's films.

Nao mannnn ah want fiddy pownds a wadermelon 'ere widin da weeken

ya dig?

Either is cool though.
I prefer the shakespearean take. More heinous shagging. And that's a good thing.