WoW 3.1 "Secrets of Ulduar" Goes Live

Computer-Noob

Mar 21, 2009
L.B. Jeffries said:
This might be a stupid question but has anyone killed Arthas or anything like that? Do people do that in WoW?
No. In fact, Arthas never died. He was still alive at the start of the WC3 undead campaign, and when he fused with the Lick King, it was their souls that came together.

In warcraft lore, the only antagonists remaining are Arthas, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, and the other old gods. Arthas will probably be killable in a patch for the new expansion, but it will probably mark the end of the expansion's content. I think this, or the next expansion blizzard makes, will be the end of WoW.

Computer-Noob

Mar 21, 2009
Dual Spec is an extremely bad idea. Now people are going to be rolling for their off-spec and not their main spec. Looting is going to suck from this point onward in WoW history. Anyone who says "They can just make loot rules so that that wont happen"....I envy you, your server probably isnt filled with dickheads.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
All I can say is... Death to the horde! Fight for the Alliance! FIGHT FOR THE KING!

Anyhow good to see the old rivalries are becoming fashionable again.

Edit: Looked at the patch notes. Dual spec good. Ruining my mana spring totem bad!

Rayvnne

Apr 17, 2009
I've just had to update to this and... I'm not so sure all the server crashes are even worth it. I can't stay on Shu'Halo for more than about 45 minutes at a time. I hope Blizz just gets it all worked out soon.

Not so into the Warlock nerfs though...

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Computer-Noob said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
This might be a stupid question but has anyone killed Arthas or anything like that? Do people do that in WoW?
No. In fact, Arthas never died. He was still alive at the start of the WC3 undead campaign, and when he fused with the Lick King, it was their souls that came together.

In warcraft lore, the only antagonists remaining are Arthas, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, and the other old gods. Arthas will probably be killable in a patch for the new expansion, but it will probably mark the end of the expansion's content. I think this, or the next expansion blizzard makes, will be the end of WoW.
I dunno man, I think they're gonna be making WoW expansions as long as people are willing to pay for them.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Computer-Noob said:
Dual Spec is an extremely bad idea. Now people are going to be rolling for their off-spec and not their main spec. Looting is going to suck from this point onward in WoW history. Anyone who says "They can just make loot rules so that that wont happen"....I envy you, your server probably isnt filled with dickheads.
Uh yeah, get a better group? In a good raid guild, this shouldn't happen. But I'm sure I speak for all healers when I say that Dual Spec is one of the best things to happen to this game.

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Like someone else already said, he can't be killed yet. The next content patch will probably feature the raid on his stronghold Icecrown Citadel and that will also mark the end of WotLK. Some fans already predict that the next patch might be on another planet, to hunt down Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras (creator/leader of the Burning Legion).

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
Computer-Noob said:
Naaah, don't worry. If you have a decent master looter he'll see if people roll for their main or off. The first roll should always be for main spec and if no one rolls, THEN you can go for off... I'm getting off-topic here.

Anyway, 3.1 is awesome indeed. The boss encounters are very varied (from very easy to rediculously hard) and really cool. You get to fight in tanks and with an army of dwarves with you. Very good stuff.

TwinnedChimera

May 7, 2009
L.B. Jeffries said:
Computer-Noob said:
L.B. Jeffries said:

I dunno man, I think they're gonna be making WoW expansions as long as people are willing to pay for them.
Blizzard has already said that the level cap will be raised via expansions until level 100 at which point they will either create a new game/sequel or they will continue to release expansions without raising the level cap.

EDIT: Thanks for necro.